Artist: Luminus

mars

Artist: Luminus (Amir Dvir)

Date: 07-07-00

By: Anoebis

Q: Hello Luminus and thanks for doing the interview... How, why & when did you start with producing music?

A: Hey Anoebis and thanks for publishing this interview and contributing so much with the site. Actually, im dealling with music since i remember myself. the first time i picked my first guitar i was about 8-9 years old... and as i child i always liked heavy metal bands... started with Iron Maiden/Guns n' Roses/Metallica shit.... and later on much harder stuff as Sepultura/Cradle of Filth and shit... when i was about 12-13 years i bought my first computer and started checking out all these BBS (to whom which doesn't know - it was the early age of the internet) and downloading all these wierd music tracker files, back than it was S3M and shit like that... and i liked it!! so i decided to try it myself since i always was into music.. and i found out its pretty easy for me. so i made a few cheesy dancy pop tunes and went to some "Demo Contests" and participated. there i met Miki Litvak (ex-Shidapu to whom who remembers) and learned alot from this guy about all the programs and helped me with sounds and all the inpiration for starting my way as a trance artist....so finally i was about 15 when i made my first "trance" track .

Q: Why do you make Goa-Trance and not other types of music?

A: Well i guess i just like the vibes and the energies in this music... also, its much like heavy metal with the power and the energies in the music, a thing i like very much.

Q: What do you think of the new, progressive Psychedelic Trance/Techno?

A: After a few years of damn hard screaming and scratching psychedelic trance, people have come to conclusion that its time to chill out a little bit (for my opinion) and started to low down the BPMs and more deep stuff (e.g. scandivian new stuff, flying rhino and much more), and i can say that this wave has caught me too.

Q: Why is there such a big difference between the European and Israeli Psychedelic Techno?

A: This question has one simple answer - The Mentality. almost always you can feel by the act of the person how his music gonna sound. Israel is a country with alot of sun and alot of beaches means its much lighter.. for example germany is a cold country and thats why the music there is much darker.

Q: How do you think that Psychedelic Trance will evolve in the future?

A: People will dress like monkeys and eat bananas in the north beach of Pakistan.... ;) now seriously.. i have no answer for that question cause psychedelic trance is a freestyle music (more or less).

Q: What's your favourite Luminus Track?

A: My favourite is "Diablo" that was released on the german label "Shiva Space Tech." and also on my album.

Q: I've read on the cover of "Hypnotica" that your next album will be different from the Luminus albums, can you tell us more about that and what will be your new name??

A: Yah, thats true. i guess now it the time im supposed to reach out other level with my music. these days im working on few tracks with every one of them is a TOTALLY diffrent styles, i wouldn't recognize myself if i was hearing it for the first time ;) so i guess im on my way to find a new style right now and im not really locked on anything. about the name... HELP ME PEOPLE!!! cant find anything yet.

Q: What are your Top 5 Goa-Trance albums and artists?

A:

1. Hallucinogen - All the Albums

2. Etnica - Alien Protein

3. Prana - Geomantik

4. Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

5. M.F.G - The Prophecy

Q: Where do you get your inspiration?

A: I live in a beautiful and peacefull village in the center of israel where i shove all my inpiration from and also from my dog - Shetz that all the time im composing music sits near my legs and licks them.

Q: What do you think about Free MP3 sites like Napster?

A: Acutally, i just finished reading an article about Napster and that genious kid who invented all this shit, to tell you the truth i really dont like it as an artist but im sure that if i wasnt dealing with music i was doing the same stuff.

Q: What kind of equipment do you use?

A: My studio contains:

Mackie 24*4 Mixer

Akai s3000 Sampler

Clavia Nord Lead Synth

Roland SH-101 Synth

Waldorf Pulse Synth

Roland MC303 Shitty Synth

Zoom 1204 Multi Effect

Alesis Multi Effect

Gina Sound Card

DBX compressor

Roland midi keyboard

Event 20/20 monitors

all running on pentiumII 450mhz.

not too big... but enough for now.

Q: What are your future projects/releases?

A: As i said before no projects for now... chilling out a bit and trying other stuff after 2 albums.

Thanks alot from the Goa-community and give us more great music as soon as possible! :o))

Thank you!! good luck with the website and keep contributing so much to the trance community. byebye.