when do u like to make music

when do u like to make music. early morning or midnight?

some big artists say that they wake up at 2am n start making music. so that they can create well. is there any body who feel the same <_<

i feel that my ears are more fresh in the morning.

i usually wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes get to work on my music if i feel i could not sleep anymore...

otherwise i just do it in the night until my ears have enough...

my father was telling all the creative work has to be done at early morning. but what i felt not so good of early morning work is that brain is too clear. i cant feel that psychedelism in the head as i feel at night. but one thing is sure that i can tweek the knobs as many times i want n feels no lazy :)

look that think does not have time!

generaly i'd like to working in morning and in afternoon, cause i'd like to hear my music from my speakers! the problem in the midnight is u have to put headphones and that i dont like it verry much!!!

but if u have real studio that is not problem!!!you can create music all the time!

i wish i have a real studio but where is the money!!!

anyway i think we can make it with our home studio verry well too!!!

so...good luck to everyone and keep working :)

It depends on the amount of inspiration I have. When I'm truly manic about it, I do it every spare moment I have. Usually, though, the bulk of it is done at night, from about midnight to sunrise.

generally my favourite time is early morning, especially in the summer - window open - cool air - quiet outside. Then i ruin the air with spliff smoke and ruin the silence with my beats :)

i just feel fresh in the morning i think its the best time for me to be creative!

though - night time i am much better at getting down with the nitty gritty - sequencing/fillins - overall sound production

but lol - cos i work at the moment, alot of the itme i will come home, maybe not even take off my uncomfortable cloths and just get stuck in

so really i guess its mainly when i cant not be writing music - you know - when you just have to be doing it or you feel like you might explode.

wat about the people who works at day time. normally 8 hours a day. is it possible for them to make music at any time. i think its gonna happen to me soon. i am scared a bit about my music :(

wat about the people who works at day time. normally 8 hours a day. is it possible for them to make music at any time. i think its gonna happen to me soon. i am scared a bit about my music :(

521599[/snapback]

Sure, I've been working day jobs or going to college for most of the last 15 years and it hasn't been an issue. I find that my general physical and mental condition is much more important than the time of day. If you want make the most of your time, work on music when you really feel the desire to. 30 minutes of focused work will always be much more valuable than 2 hours of just messing around and pushing buttons when you aren't in the mood and just hoping something cool will come out by mistake.

Sure, I've been working day jobs or going to college for most of the last 15 years and it hasn't been an issue. I find that my general physical and mental condition is much more important than the time of day. If you want make the most of your time, work on music when you really feel the desire to. 30 minutes of focused work will always be much more valuable than 2 hours of just messing around and pushing buttons when you aren't in the mood and just hoping something cool will come out by mistake.

521636[/snapback]

Keep it up dude :)

actually i don feel sleepy at night when i sit infront of the computer. but its at morning after breakfast i feel most sleepy :blink:

• 2 months later...

I like working on music at night mostly, although the daytime is definitly not outta the question. I find my most creative/productive time in around 5-9am, after working on music throughout the whole previous night. There is something about the sunrise that sort of resparks the creative spirit inside me or something. Its like I know what I am supposed to do next, before i get a chance to think about it. Everything just flows....

Cheers!

Always first thing in the morning, when I'm fresh and have the most energy. Then until I can't anymore, or realise I havn't been outside all day, which is usually around 8 or 9pm ;)

work, dicipline and more work! Then you re-work the last work and start work in a new direction. But never work the same work too much, otherwise you will over-work yourself and the work which you are working on will turn into a big lumpy gooey pile of audio mush....

(in other words, I don't spend too long on the same track. Start Monday, finish by Friday. Keeps me from just sitting around and "pushing buttons" as Jikkenteki pointed out very well!)

take care,

miKe