Aiding the Inspiration Process

I find I go through phases of productivity and non-productivity with music-making, and I want to be more consistent. I mean, I really have an urge to write some stuff, but somehow my brain lacks the drive. I hate having to wait for fits of manic inspiration to write. Any tips for speeding up the process?

I'm thinking my diet might have something to do with it, so I'm going to try and start eating better. Also, I'm going to start drinking more water than I do. Perhaps my brain needs more nourishment.

Opinions?

its known as writer's block(or something).

cant help you though,i only read ;)

520345[/snapback]

exactly.wiki link

usually i play guitar ,paint or read or just go around a forest for a walk...

experiment yourself ;) try to find something that make you forget about writing and stick to it...the ideas will return i'm sure :)

1. listen to music. similar to the stuff you want to make.

2. read, or do anything that requires the accedemic half of your brain - this will stimulate the creative side of your brain. your brain apparently likes to keep things in balance. :)

3. if you try writing/composing something and it's not really working - stop immediately. try again tomorrow. there's no point banging your head against the wall - you become creatively insecure and inhibited.

4. Shag :)

don sit n scratch ur head saying i cant produce a shit anymore.

if u r feeling physically n mentally week take some good food n do minimum things. go n relax in a windy place. not inside a room

wake up early 5am in the morning n sleep early at night

meditate with music at morning after taking a bath n do it before u go to sleep

hear ambient stuffs because it recharges ur head with energy which u cannot discharge. n when u feel tottally charged with imagination. discharge it by creating music. it works 4 me

i hop 4 u too :)

Nothing has ever got me as inspired to make music as listening to music of the type I want to make whilst smoking a joint and having a laugh with my mates (who are also my creative partners).

also listening to music you hate is helpful(e.g Skazi)

you can pick up stuff you dont want to have in your music,and then you will think the opposite,stuff you would like,and voila.

you know,the duality of the mind! ;)

Try to descripe your idea on paper, maybe use a mindmap. Also helpfull if you are working with a track over a longer period.

Do something else than composing for example program sounds.

Open old halfdone tracks and see if they get your creative juices going.

Just play on your keyboard with no particular goal.

Finish a track just for your own sake. No matter how short, simple or horrible sounding it is, finishing a track always helps.

If everything else fails, well, roll a joffa and play dx-ball :D

Do something else than composing for example program sounds.

Just play on your keyboard with no particular goal.

520668[/snapback]

Yes, that's how I start... one sound or one randomly found melody can lead to an entire track.