Petition for Billy / Cosmosis

Guest antic

Guest antic

I've made this thread at the psy-forum.co.uk, but since I saw Billy replying to one of topics here, I decided to copy & paste it for psynews to get more responses!

People of psynews!

Since I see Billy's reading this forum ocassionally, maybe it'd be a great occasion to convince him to re-release his older off-album tracks for people who don't buy compilations or vinyls?

I myself have most of his (released) tracks, but only those released on albums are legit and the rest is in mp3 (I don't buy compilations). I'd like to be able to have those tracks on CD (double CD hopefuly?) in proper quality and what is even more important, to be sure Bill gets his money for it.

Please people, reply to this thread if you think it's a good idea - let's make Billy see if he'll find enough customers for it! Here's the list of tracks I'd like to be re-released:

Dans Ta Figure,

Deus,

Telekinetic,

Atom Bom!,

Psychofunk,

El Metro (Cosmosis Remix)

Reality Check,

Howling at The Moon,

The Outer Limits,

Doors of Perception,

Pigs In Space,

Do It!,

In Yer Face pt. II,

The Cave of Medusa,

Psycho Problem,

Visitors

Looks like double CD for me :)

The petition for Cosmosis downbeat & new Mumbo Jumbo albums will follow shortly!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great idea, although if Cosmosis is working on a new album, it's also fine with me. I like his later stuff just as much as the older and unreleased stuf. Still, if an album like this would come out, I'd buy it immediatly.

A downbeat cd would indeed we great as well.

B)

Gift Of The Gods, and YES psychofunk!!!! Spores from outer space would be nice too :P In Yer Face Pt II is a MUST plz! a rmx of Do IT! would blow my frekkin' brains out, that's fo sho

good idea! if only to show him that ppl still love his older work more :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Telekinetic, Deus, Psychofunk for sure are unbelievable tracks!

Add also the remix of Panacea from Fahrenheit! :D

Maybe people HERE love his older work more. For me Trancendance is just among his best. He did release Akashic for people who love the older stuff more, though. Anyway, still it's a great idea to release the off-album tracks, the more the better... :D

btw. Gift of the gods is on Cosmology (and Akashic) and Spores from space on Synergy, so they're not off-album tracks to me. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

IMO, "Akashich" should have been already an off-album release. But if this project could be possible now, of course I will not be against it. :P

Guest Cosmogenesis

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:):D

Telekinetic, Deus, Psychofunk for sure are unbelievable tracks!

Add also the remix of Panacea from Fahrenheit!  :D

519625[/snapback]

Even if the tracks are very good and the melodies top quality i´am wondering why he use vst instead of realsynths, someone who is known with such things instandly recognise that he use vst and it sounds worse than realsynths.

Even if the tracks are very good and the melodies top quality i´am wondering why he use vst instead of realsynths, someone who is known with such things instandly recognise that he use vst and it sounds worse than realsynths.

520343[/snapback]

ask him! :)

520343[/snapback]

That was true a few years ago when software synths were not as powerful as hardware. Nowadays, softsynths like Absynth 3 make it very hard to tell the difference.

They both have their advantages/disadvantages, but the sound quality isn't much of a factor as it was.

Guest antic

520343[/snapback]

Radi, those tracks I mentioned were recorded before Billy switched to VST technology, so you SHOULD be interested in re-releasing them. Listen to Howling At The Moon or Reality Check and you'll hear for yourself ;):D

That was true a few years ago when software synths were not as powerful as hardware. Nowadays, softsynths like Absynth 3 make it very hard to tell the difference.

They both have their advantages/disadvantages, but the sound quality isn't much of a factor as it was.

520550[/snapback]

It's not a matter of sound quality, because obviously VSTs sound clearer and more electronic. But for me and probably many others thats the exact problem - the sound is too good, too digital and perfect. I like this fuzziness one could hear in older tracks, those noisy mixers / synths, those alive voltage-modulated patches... That's the reason why I nowadays buy mostly old-school stuff; because of the retro-sound :)

Guest antic

Hello,

thanks for your support guys : )

Funnily enough I have spent the last three weeks going through old DAT tapes and gathering together much of the Cosmosis back catalogue that was released on vinyl and re-mastering it for just such a CD project.

Trouble is, I don't have a complete collection available to me where I am based right now.

So, if anyone has an original cd version of:

Deus (Agnostic or Benedictine mix)

Telekinetic

El Metro (Cosmosis mix)

Then let me know. (PM me )

Cheers,

Bill

what can I say :):D

Billy's "Synergy" and "Intergalactic" are so bad ass kicking groovey psykedelika. :)

"Cosmology" always felt somehow incomplete because of tracks 2 & 3 which are quite crappy compared to other tracks on that album. (not that I wouldn't take the album :) )

If somebody wants to he could say to Billy that "Howling At The Moon" and "Spores From Space?" are pure perfection. I wouldn't change a second in those tracks.

Say thanks to him for everything! :)

Guest antic

If somebody wants to he could say to Billy that "Howling At The Moon" and "Spores From Space?" are pure perfection. I wouldn't change a second in those tracks.

Funny thing is he knows many people think Howling At The Moon is his best track (including me), but he doesn't like it at all and thinks it's too aggressive and complicated :o:unsure:

from his latest interview:

A classic example for me would be the track "Howling At The Moon." Many, many people love that track and I get repeated requests to either play it in my sets, or re-release it on cd (it came out on vinyl) But I listen to it today and think to myself "my God, what kind of angry mood was I in when I produced that ?"

Admittedly, I did set out to capture the spooky mood of primitive and ancient, ritual footstomping in the dead of night, in a misty forest under a full moon (and perhaps with a subtext of bloodlust...) But personally, I find it just that little bit too much to listen to anywhere else except at a raging moment on a dancefloor. For the main lines I used aggressive, metallic sounding FM sounds and combined it with an arrangement that is totally full on and relentless. But still, many people love it - probably because it is so totally bombastic...

Those artists! There's no pleasing them ;):D

Funny thing is he knows many people think Howling At The Moon is his best track (including me), but he doesn't like it at all and thinks it's too aggressive and complicated  :o  :unsure:

from his latest interview:

Those artists! There's no pleasing them ;):D

520671[/snapback]

Billy has a bad taste :D

this is completely useless, unless he has the money to release it himself... the rights are probably in hads of certain labels, so it's up to them to decide to release (re-release) it.

this is completely useless, unless he has the money to release it himself... the rights are probably in hads of certain labels, so it's up to them to decide to release (re-release) it.

520825[/snapback]

well labels keep the rights to tracks for something like 5 years only, isn't it? so... i honestly don't know much about his music (please don't stone me to death), but there is a fair chance the copyright might have been handed back to him (if such label even exists today).

In case people hadn't checked the original thread on the uk forum, Comosis already replied that he has already been working on such a project but appears to be missing a couple tracks and asked is anyone has access to cd copies of them.

Guest antic

In case people hadn't checked the original thread on the uk forum, Comosis already replied that he has already been working on such a project but appears to be missing a couple tracks and asked is anyone has access to cd copies of them.

520853[/snapback]

In case you haven't read this thread properly, I quoted Billy's reply on previous page ;):D

well labels keep the rights to tracks for something like 5 years only, isn't it? so... i honestly don't know much about his music (please don't stone me to death),

520829[/snapback]

stoned, hehe :D

520853[/snapback]

that is actually pretty funny, looks like many producers loose some of their tracks with time :) ?!

In case you haven't read this thread properly, I quoted Billy's reply on previous page ;):D

520923[/snapback]

Weird, I skimmed through to see if anyone had quoted it, but somehow went right past your post. My bad.... :o