OZRIC TENTACLES

Bahamut

sure, but I think he meant more like "sonic structures" if you know what I mean. I agree too they are not just a jam band as they are classified as sometimes. on some gigs they really let it loose but on the records they have a concept.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, but I think he meant more like "sonic structures" if you know what I mean. I agree too they are not just a jam band as they are classified as sometimes. on some gigs they really let it loose but on the records they have a concept.

519295[/snapback]

"sonic structures" ... well, kinda like that...

You know, the structure that I can find in programmed tracks is something I can not find in Ozric songs and that's putting me into an irregular, nervous state ... in a way. And I don't quite like that...

As you know, Eat Static is a sideproject, but there's also one called ZubZub by the bassist Zia (who left Ozric's in 1993). Not as good, but it's ok, and some tracks have ozric feel. More electronic though.

517451[/snapback]

:blink::blink::blink:

I've been listening to Ozric since the late '80s and I nearly fell off my chair reading this :)

Now I know why I love Eat Static so much :D

Ozrics are one of my top 5 favorite bands, EVER.. i'm so happy to know they exist that long, have so many albums.... their music is like a river.. wish i can say that for Shpongle, one of my top 5 also.... my favorite one is The Hidden Step

• 1 month later...

Perhaps I'm not hippie enough, and perhaps I haven't been stoned enough while listening, but man, I don't get it. I will say, however, that I like their presence - very peaceful, their album art is wonderful, and they have a very positive vibe about them that attracts positive people, and for that I give them big thumbs up.

The Ozrics are great indeed :) Pungent Effulgent is my favourite release from them... but I want to correct the one here who said that Eat Static is a side project from the Ozric Tentacles.. because that's not true exactly. Eat Static initially contained 3 Ozric members, but later on only Merv and Joey continued together and stepped out of the band to become Eat Static Full time (Which is great ofcourse, they rock harder then the Ozrics imo ;) )

Where's Bits Between the Bits, Sliding Gliding Worlds, Live Ethereal Cereal, Erpsongs and Tantric Obstacles?  :P

558531[/snapback]

their not on vinyl, but thanks for noticing. simultanously I'm tryin to complete the CD side of Ozrics, especially looking forward to Become The Other as I don't have that one on vinyl either.

their not on vinyl, but thanks for noticing. simultanously I'm tryin to complete the CD side of Ozrics, especially looking forward to Become The Other as I don't have that one on vinyl either.

558844[/snapback]

Waterfall Cities and Become the Other are my favorite Ozrics albums. :D

Perhaps I'm not hippie enough, and perhaps I haven't been stoned enough while listening, but man, I don't get it. I will say, however, that I like their presence - very peaceful, their album art is wonderful, and they have a very positive vibe about them that attracts positive people, and for that I give them big thumbs up.

558569[/snapback]

I know what you're talking about. I think they are wonderful and skillful musicians but i think they are overreacting with the Reverbs. It sounds so big. Lerger then life, as Hypersonic would say.

They have some really good tunes here and there though.

Ozric is the perfect roadtrip music.

I 've seen them life once and they truly rocked, no, spaced.

Only the excessive use of strobolights irritated me pretty intense. The 70's fluid visuals on the otherhand really made me feel like a hippy on Woodstock.

517021[/snapback]

:unsure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do you like what you see??

why? because I can  :D any kind soul that would help me complete with Become The Other and Live Underslunky  B)

558432[/snapback]

Yes I do. Cool artwork. I've been thinking of getting some ozric tentacles' albums. Which do you recommend? Are they readily available or should I keep my eyes peeled???

JackCheese >> given it a couple of listens, it has some really nice tracks. but I think it's one of their lesser good. certainly better than Swirly Termination though which they released to get rid of their current record lable at that time.

abasio >> on CD you can get all very easily. if you live in Europe look at Rubbish Records catalogue they sell them for about £ 5. if you want vinyl it's a bit harder, I think The Hidden Step and Arborscense are still fairly easy to find though.

p.s. as far recommendations it's hard to tell. you can say there are different periods though.

1. first the 6 early albums that came on cassette. these are fun and melodic albums, not as layered and clever compositions as the albums that would follow. the sound quality is not the best either. still enjoyable albums though.

2. the early 90's albums. pungent, erpland, jurassic, strangeitude. this is my favorite period. the compositions are the best. the sound quality is great.

3. later 90's period starting with arborscense. good production but the compositions are not their best no longer. they become more and more electronic based, that is why I think if you're a hardcore trance-fan you might like this stuff. ppl on this forum seem to like Waterfall Cities alot?? The Hidden Step is my favorite if you can count it into this period.

4. early 2000 til now. the "confusing period" maybe?? lots of line-up changes. Spirals In Hyperspace which is good but it's more of an Ed solo album. and the recent The Floor's Too Far Away which is not my favorite but it's not bad. sounds more like a compilation with songs from different eras.

to summon it up, try these albums if you want a taste of each period:

Sliding Gliding Worlds

Jurassic Shift

The Hidden Step

Spirals In Hyperspace

I'm ashamed to say but I've never heard a single track by OT. At least not as far as I know. Thanks to this thread I found out that some of their CDs are available at nice price so I've ordered Waterfall City (because it has the nicest cover :rolleyes: ). Hope I'll like it, the samples sounded nice...

I'm ashamed to say but I've never heard a single track by OT. At least not as far as I know. Thanks to this thread I found out that some of their CDs are available at nice price so I've ordered Waterfall City (because it has the nicest cover  :rolleyes: ). Hope I'll like it, the samples sounded nice...

565527[/snapback]

Ive been listening to Spirals in Hyperspace (2004) and it is absolutely amazing.

Kinda how sphongle should have sounded...

Ive been listening to Spirals in Hyperspace (2004) and it is absolutely amazing.

Kinda how sphongle should have sounded...

565532[/snapback]

Means as soon as I'll received the CD I've ordered I feel the need to order all the other OT CDs to?! Yeah great... :rolleyes:;)

Anyway, I absolutely love the covers, makes me wanna buy that stuff on vinyl!

Means as soon as I'll received the CD I've ordered I feel the need to order all the other OT CDs to?! Yeah great...  :rolleyes:  ;)

Anyway, I absolutely love the covers, makes me wanna buy that stuff on vinyl!

565541[/snapback]

"OT - Spirals in Hyperspace" is probably one of the best CD's ive heard all year. Oozing with psychedelia.