The Bottom Five

seraph

I'm not going to say which of the mentioned albums I enjoy... :lol: Or I'll lose my psynews membership. :ph34r:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to say which of the mentioned albums I enjoy...  :lol: Or I'll lose my psynews membership.  :ph34r:

516865[/snapback]

Haha... No way... You're our very own little dancing full-on pixie - and you have a special permit to dig neo full-on... Coz we know you're not just into it - you have a broad taste too... :)

Haha... No way... You're our very own little dancing full-on pixie - and you have a special permit to dig neo full-on... Coz we know you're not just into it - you have a broad taste too...  :)

516876[/snapback]

Hehe, nice to hear that! Maybe I should make a little sign for my signature "Don't beat me, I'm officially allowed to like full-on". I was allready thinking about opening a double account and hide as progressive and minimal lover... :P

Anyway, I can even come up with an album I can mention here: Psytrain - Next Stop, Planet Earth! The samples I've heard online where somewhat promising so I've ordered the album. It turned out to be very steretoype 08/15 psy with some farts and noises but nothing that touched my heart.

Anyway, I can even come up with an album I can mention here: Psytrain - Next Stop, Planet Earth! The samples I've heard online where somewhat promising so I've ordered the album. It turned out to be very steretoype 08/15 psy with some farts and noises but nothing that touched my heart.

516883[/snapback]

Ah yes, I have that one too... Appeared one day out of the blue in my mailbox... I gave it one spin and never even thought about it again... Booooooring!

I wouldn't reccomend the new OFORIA album to anyone... unless you like cheesy vocal trance.. what the hell happened :(

Anything with phobium tracks ...

516727[/snapback]

awwww...quit being so modest. you released on Peak Records. I like Peak. ;)

commenting on your own releases shouldn't be allowed anyways LOL...

for me i'd say the past two wizzy noise albums were especially disappointing. back in the day, they used to be my favorite...it kinda breaks my heart to see them releasing this crap...punk city or whatever the hell it was...

i guess the rest of the crap that I *would* post here I just don't even bother listening to... Utopia, Compact, Chemical Crew...etc.

I wouldn't reccomend the new OFORIA album to anyone... unless you like cheesy vocal trance.. what the hell happened  :(

516887[/snapback]

Funny you mention this album, I was giving the samples at saikosounds a try and thought it's a must have. Well, I don't mind vocals so...

Funny you mention this album, I was giving the samples at saikosounds a try and thought it's a must have. Well, I don't mind vocals so...

516900[/snapback]

Well as a fan of the older Oforia stuff (including Pigs in space) , with his definent pure and own style this was a shock to me... there's nothing (or hardly anything) left of that whole distinct own style he had... another artist down the drain.

Have you not heard Duvdev singing?

516921[/snapback]

I saw a video of him singing. Fucking awful!!

Didn't think the album was too bad. Must have had a magic voice machine.

i guess the rest of the crap that I *would* post here I just don't even bother listening to... Utopia, Compact, Chemical Crew...etc.

516893[/snapback]

I've found some outstanding tracks on both Utopia and Compact labels.. you have to sift through a lot of crap, but i find it worthwhile in the end.

as for the topic - there are a lot of albums i would never recommend. most recent that comes to mind is the new Future Prophecy cd.

Well as a fan of the older Oforia stuff (including Pigs in space) , with his definent pure and own style this was a shock to me... there's nothing (or hardly anything) left of that whole distinct own style he had... another artist down the drain.

516904[/snapback]

I agree completely....whatever happend to him, Space Cat and Absolum... :unsure:

A lenghty post i guess, starting from the worst.

Dark Doors - NewZoo (Spiritual Beings)

Possibly the worst CD i've ever encountered. Absolute crap. Horrible cover as well. A friend lost it somewhere abroad and saved my soul.

VA - Natural Waves of Sound 2 (Com.Pact)

With names like Bizarre Contact and Cosmic Tone you can't get wrong. A juicy cheese fest that will raise more hands in the air than Tiesto on a beach.

Etic - Touch Ups (Trancelucent)

Rubbish melodies

Misted Muppet - From The Legend (Trancelucent)

Bigger than life hooks and more orchestral samples than your typical yoghurt commercial. Add to this compression from hell and overall hype and you get the overhyped album of 2003.

Aerospace - Earth (Midijum)

Sorry Guy :unsure:

Bonky - Bonky (Doof)

And most of the Doof repertoire is even worse than Goa Gil's average set content.

VA - Magical Jorney (Ajana Records)

Undoubtedly worst chill out compilation in my collection. Boring!

More to come

Actually Skazi-Animal was something new,innovative,original and preety good for its time and for sure Skazi's best work so far and for ever i guess.

516778[/snapback]

Agree. He recieved quite good reviews back in the day.

517007[/snapback]

WOW! I was considering this as a possible purchase. Guess not now. :D

Thanks!

There are people that enjoy it. If you want to trade it for something you can PM me. I'll trade it for pretty much anything

517023[/snapback]

Heh, well if you would never recommend it, I think I will just pass. Thank you though!

WOW! I was considering this as a possible purchase. Guess not now.  :D

Thanks!

517017[/snapback]

That's why I find this kind of topic useful, for people who share similar tastes to see what someone would definitely NOT recommend... :D;)

517007[/snapback]

WOW! I was considering this as a possible purchase. Guess not now.  :D

Thanks!

517017[/snapback]

the Derango track on this one is interesting, and the last part is nice and dubby.

then follows the Terra Nine track .. that's one of my favourite chill tracks of 2005 .. it's just lovely.

Electrypnose track is worth checking out too.

it's a compilation containing artists that produce mainly dark psy. take it more as experimental and don't expect it to be uplifting chill-out or love-making ambient. though some of it .. is. :)

the Derango track on this one is interesting, and the last part is nice and dubby.

then follows the Terra Nine track .. that's one of my favourite chill tracks of 2005 .. it's just lovely.

it's a compilation containing artists that produce mainly dark psy. take it more as experimental and don't expect it to be uplifting chill-out or love-making ambient. though some of it .. is. :)

517155[/snapback]

i havent heard that va but nice put moni :)

Bonky - Bonky (Doof)

And most of the Doof repertoire is even worse than Goa Gil's average set content.

i like some Bonky and most of the Doof repertoire. :ph34r:

i like some Bonky and most of the Doof repertoire.  :ph34r:

517244[/snapback]

I'll be more than glad to get rid of all the Doof CDs that accidentally landed on my shelf.

Bonky - Bonky (Doof Records)

Jocid - Jocid (Doof Records)

Various - Electric Shock Treatment (First Session) (Doof Records)

Various - Electric Shock Treatment (Second Session) (Doof Records)

I've found some outstanding tracks on both Utopia and Compact labels.. you have to sift through a lot of crap, but i find it worthwhile in the end.

516953[/snapback]

yes, i know....usually i just wait for you to find them, and then tell me what they are ;)

517155[/snapback]

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TOTALLY!!!!!!

I love this compilation....