The Bottom Five

seraph

What are the albums you'd never recommend to anyone ? Here are my picks :

TALAMASCA - MADE IN TRANCE

ALIEN VS. THE CAT - SPACE JAM

INFECTED MUSHROOM - IM THE SUPERVISOR

SHAKTA - OUT OF SIGHT

SKAZI - ANIMAL

I didn't even want to mention many nonsense full on albums cause they are not even worth mentioning, I only mentioned the ones that were some kind of noticed... :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:  What´s wrong with Shakta´s "Out of sight"?

Agree about the other ones...

516612[/snapback]

Ummm, no energy, no psychedelia, complete 'middle of the road music' for trancers...

I remember I was HUGELY dissapointed when I got it back then and even after all these years, I got a little bit into it, but still finds it as his weakest effort to date... :(

Ummm, no energy, no psychedelia, complete 'middle of the road music' for trancers...

I remember I was HUGELY dissapointed when I got it back then and even after all these years, I got a little bit into it, but still finds it as his weakest effort to date... :(

516617[/snapback]

I agree. That was disappointing. I wouldn't put it in the bottom five, though. Here are some:

Skazi - Storm

Son Kite - Perspectives of...

XV Kilist - XV Kilist

Hara Gobi - Party Junkies

Kopsses - Kopsses

Anyone who will mention here some hallucinogen or shpongle or other Posford works should be banned instandly!  :P

516654[/snapback]

Well, I personally think a lot of his stuff is overrated if not poor, but it's certainly not bottom material.

What are the albums you'd never recommend to anyone ?  Here are my picks :

TALAMASCA - MADE IN TRANCE

ALIEN VS. THE CAT - SPACE JAM

INFECTED MUSHROOM - IM THE SUPERVISOR

SHAKTA - OUT OF SIGHT

SKAZI - ANIMAL

I didn't even want to mention many nonsense full on albums cause they are not even worth mentioning, I only mentioned the ones that were some kind of noticed... :D

516607[/snapback]

Agreed!

I don't think these kinds of threads are very constructive, but I can't help myself from mentioning one album that really stands out for me:

Trauma - TB-O-NOT-2B

This is one of the guys from Beat Hackers. I never liked their music, but this is much, much worse - horrible Israeli full on with disturbing vocals and some of the worst, painfully annoying acid-lines I have heard in my life. And did I mention the vocals? Supposedly it's the guy himself singing, and he can't sing AT ALL - he's even much worse than Duvdev. Check out this sample from the first track, "Dance With Me"...

http://download.yousendit.com/D46B3CF738C61FD4

In these 'Worst' threads I think people tend to post albums they were most disappointed with as opposed to albums that are really, really bad. I couldn't even tell you what 5 psy albums I consider the worst as I sold them after one or two listens and no longer remember what they were.

THE NEW HALLUCINOGEN ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

516700[/snapback]

POST DELETED!!!!!!

THREAD LOCKED!!!!!!

USER BANNED!!!!!!

PSYNEWS WILL BE DOWN FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK TO CLEAN ALL POSTS AGAINST THE MASTER!!! :lol:

Son Kite - Perspectives of...

516650[/snapback]

naaah ... I'd agree that this is not an outstanding masterpiece, but it'd never be in my bottom 5. Never. That's because Aiwana is on it ... AIWANA! ... man, I love this tune, even asked for similar tracks in kinda this style once years ago on the old forum ... it's years old and I still love it.

Besides that, Clockwise and Driveshaft are good too.

It's a mediocre album - at worst. IMHO :)

Anyway, I don't even have a bottom 5. I don't have any so bad albums :)

At least cocnerning psy ... I mean, concerning trance I still have some of the old crap lying around and could rant about that, but I guess that doesn't really count, does it?

What are the albums you'd never recommend to anyone ?  Here are my picks :

SKAZI - ANIMAL

516607[/snapback]

nah i find it ok.

of course if you compare it to his other albums its a masterpiece. :P

Albums which I shall never listen to again

Bamboo Forest - Revival, not just dissapointing, genuine CRAP!

nope that's it. Everything else, even if I didn't like it has some musical merit and there would be someone who I'd reccomend it to.

"Oh really? You like crappy fullon guitar thrashing shit with toss basslines? You should check out Skazi!"

But revival, no way!

Actually Skazi-Animal was something new,innovative,original and preety good for its time and for sure Skazi's best work so far and for ever i guess.

I mean ok we dont like the guy (and with good reasons) but lets give him some credit about that release cause he really deserves it.

Actually Skazi-Animal was something new,innovative,original and preety good for its time and for sure Skazi's best work so far and for ever i guess.

I mean ok we dont like the guy (and with good reasons) but lets give him some credit about that release cause he really deserves it.

516778[/snapback]

he started well but he turned to the dark side of the force in the end

Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians

Infected Mushroom - I'm the Superduvdev

Cos they could have been bloody awesome..

516830[/snapback]

They could have bloody awesome, but they weren't but I don't think they are the worst peices of shit that I would never recommend to anyone. I know a lot of people who would really enjoy later infected stuff. Even if you don't like the new style, they still show moments of pure class. Doop by Doop, now there was an album worth burning so that noone can here it again.

They could have bloody awesome, but they weren't but I don't think they are the worst peices of shit that I would never recommend to anyone. I know a lot of people who would really enjoy later infected stuff. Even if you don't like the new style, they still show moments of pure class. Doop by Doop, now there was an album worth burning so that noone can here it again.

516848[/snapback]

I agree. The last two IM albums were certainly disappointing but are in no way the worst examples of psy music ever created.

I don't think these kinds of threads are very constructive, but I can't help myself from mentioning one album that really stands out for me:

Trauma - TB-O-NOT-2B

This is one of the guys from Beat Hackers. I never liked their music, but this is much, much worse - horrible Israeli full on with disturbing vocals and some of the worst, painfully annoying acid-lines I have heard in my life. And did I mention the vocals? Supposedly it's the guy himself singing, and he can't sing AT ALL - he's even much worse than Duvdev. Check out this sample from the first track, "Dance With Me"...

http://download.yousendit.com/D46B3CF738C61FD4

516692[/snapback]

Thanks for making my ears bleed! :angry: Hehe... That was indeed horrible!

More crappy stuff that people should stay VERY clear off:

Digital Karma - Hyper Sound (Agitato Records/ Kagdila Records)

Double Impact - Zero (Luna Music/Phonokol)

The Muses Rapt - You (Ibiza Music)

Vibe Tribe albums

Skykey, Agitato, Utopia. Spiritual Beings and similar crap labels

But ok, I guess that was pretty self explanatory