Shift - Byte Me [Crystal Matrix]

Despite the fact that I don't really like Shift, he is loved enough by people I respect much to have his own album promotion thread ;)

Posted Image

[promo txt]

Byte Me is Shift’s 3rd solo album – it’s a slick stomping ride through the soundscapes, beats and riffs that emerge from this stimulated mind. This album was written after producing his recent twisted system and pitch hikers albums, and influences from these two projects as well as a new smoother side to Shift are exhibited here. Bigger and better produced than anything he’s done before. Loaded with Fat tracks to fit anytime, from a break-beat full vocal remix of dubmention, and a nasty dark rework of Dune, or epic morning monsters like pagan sunrise and down tempo beaks like komatose, to the smooth title track Byte Me, the technoid, demonic monster sin in motion, the ultra groovy rift, and the slick retro slide. This is one bad–ass album not to miss out on.

[/promo txt]

Tracklist:

01 Dubmention (Acid Breaks Remix)

02 The Rift

03 Dune II

04 Pagan Sunrise

05 Sin In Motion

06 Slide

07 Real Men Don’t Dance (Shift Remix Of DMMT)

08 Byte Me

09 Ear Dis

10 Komatose

Samples

Curious a bit, i like some Shift tracks... the cover art is horrible though, i'm going to place it in "This weeks stupid covers" right now.

New "smoother" Shift eh' ?

Sounds tasty.

Certainly been krankin' out the tunes lately. New Twisted System and the Pitch Hikers album which was Fanfuckingtastic.

New Nexus media should arrive this week also.

Cheers and beers to Mr Hoy.

Greeaaat :D really looking forward to this album! And nice he reworked the Dune tune... when I heard it the first time I also thought he could do more with it ;)

Cover is ugly indeed.. but aah, can't be arsed hehe

I've heard it.

The style has changed abit, this is more polished or what to say but the Shift trademark is still there. It's not as "screamy" as his previous albums. However, I think this CD rocks.

I've just receive this album from my favourite shop.

It's a wonderfull masterpiece !

It beat most of the others productions in this time because we can find all this ingredients :

- there is reals melodies,

- the basslines are melodic to,

- there is a big synth (an big analogue synth i suppose, like Roland Jupiter 8 or Oberheim Obx ...) that give an extraordinary ambiance in "pagan sunrise", "real men don't dance" and "byte me". And it's a real trip for ears to ear this kind of sound.

All the songs are greats.

• 3 weeks later...

someone should learn what word masterpiece means, hehe ;)

[not that im an expert myself]

but i like his previous album more than this atm, this sounds weak when compared to his previous album and too mainstream, cheezy :ph34r:

someone should learn what word masterpiece means, hehe ;)

[not that im an expert myself]

For me it's a masterpiece because this album contain real songs.

In principle, it's full-on,

but a full-on style (caracteristic kick drum and bassline) + very goog melodies,

it's very surprising.

I had the same feeling with the Aniki lp last years ("open your ear" on Phonokol records).

"Masterpiece" also in a sense that you could re-listen an album without lassitude.

:)

But what tracks did you like the most?

I think some tracks really miss dept compared to his previous work! (sorry to say so.. I'm a real Shift fan for sure but this just doesn't cut the cake!)

But what tracks did you like the most?

I think some tracks really miss dept compared to his previous work! (sorry to say so.. I'm a real Shift fan for sure but this just doesn't cut the cake!)

537005[/snapback]

See i'm a big shift fan too, and this album caught me by surprise, but i simply cannot stop listening to it. It is seriously one of the slickest albums out this year. I love it. There are a few tracks that let this album down but its made up by the sheer tightness of the rest!