Just for the hell of it pt.2

Its not the tool you are using, its the fool thats using it that matters ;)

True, but I doubt some one will do a really great Goa Trance track on Fruity Loops 1, in comparison with... let's say Logic Pro?

yes I have, check in music promotion, there is a topic (My new song: The Ancestors) where you will find the song that is on the screenshot. ;)

I will check it out when I find time somewhere (I know I left it somewhere on the couch!) :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thank you :D now i want to listen to your tracks too........

There are some old tracks made by me downloadable on this forum, however nothing new, all very old. The new stuff I doubt you will like, as it sounds very very very much like 80s acid house lol :) I will post some samples when I am done with it :)

This project is a new one so it doesnt have alot of tracks but its done in sonar 6. Nobody else using sonar? im liking it more and more :D

Posted Image

Nice to see another Sonar-user here! :) I noticed you're using Sonar 6. How's it running on your system? I've yet to shell out for the S6 upgrade so I'm curious to hear any opinions if the upgrade is worth getting or not :)

Anyway, here's a screenshot from Sonar 5. This song is finished, hence all the Archived tracks in the screenshot:

Posted Image

And here's another one I took during the final recording of the same track:

Posted Image

I didn't dare using the PrintScreen-key for that one so I used a digital camera instead :P

There are some old tracks made by me downloadable on this forum, however nothing new, all very old. The new stuff I doubt you will like, as it sounds very very very much like 80s acid house lol :) I will post some samples when I am done with it :)

You dont think i like 80s acid house? hehe... My first album which i bought when i was 8 or something (1983) was an electric boogie compilation, and my first 12" was "Hithouse - Jack To The Sound Of The Underground", and ive been with electronic music all the way so dont be shy :D

Im listening to eskeemo knights right now, sounds very good, are you affiliated with them?

Nice to see another Sonar-user here! :) I noticed you're using Sonar 6. How's it running on your system? I've yet to shell out for the S6 upgrade so I'm curious to hear any opinions if the upgrade is worth getting or not :)

I only just got on the sonar waggon a couple of months before the 6 upgrade so i didn't use v5 very much, but 6 fills my needs and i like the workflow+its a very stable program, just upgraded to 6.2 the other day and the update contains alot of changes.

By the way im running sonar 6.2 on a 3g pentium 4 with 1 gig ram.

Apparently there is a way to use the Rebirth Input Machine as an external input to Reason for other audio, possibly even over Rewire. You need some extra software to do it though. I saw it on the Farm before it shut down but never downloaded it.

Apparently there is a way to use the Rebirth Input Machine as an external input to Reason for other audio, possibly even over Rewire. You need some extra software to do it though. I saw it on the Farm before it shut down but never downloaded it.

You mean like VSTs and such? Vocals?

You dont think i like 80s acid house? hehe... My first album which i bought when i was 8 or something (1983) was an electric boogie compilation, and my first 12" was "Hithouse - Jack To The Sound Of The Underground", and ive been with electronic music all the way so dont be shy :D

Im listening to eskeemo knights right now, sounds very good, are you affiliated with them?

I only just got on the sonar waggon a couple of months before the 6 upgrade so i didn't use v5 very much, but 6 fills my needs and i like the workflow+its a very stable program, just upgraded to 6.2 the other day and the update contains alot of changes.

By the way im running sonar 6.2 on a 3g pentium 4 with 1 gig ram.

I am ze eskeemo knights :D Cool stuff!!! :) I will let you know when I have something more finished for sure :)

Hm. Yeah, not quite ideal. Maybe Propellerheads can take the big leap with their next release.

Unlikely I reckon. I don't think Rewire can pass audio both ways down the pipe... although I'm prepared to be proved wrong (Ableton?)

Unlikely I reckon. I don't think Rewire can pass audio both ways down the pipe... although I'm prepared to be proved wrong (Ableton?)

we need:

1. A programmer

2. the SDK of Rewire

3. Founding

4. Otto, Nemo, OOOD to make money of the Technology...

seems a bit small, are those all your channels?

yep, that is all! But then again it's quite a simple chill tune

latest goa track, almost finished

all main parts laid out, now need to make all those small sounds and transitions etc

which means i'm gonna double the amount of channels and automations LOL

Posted Image

• 3 years later...

To be honest, I don't know. :lol:

In some of my Combinator patches I might use a line mixer and use it there - but for me, it's one effect configuration per lead/pad/etc - gives me more control than say having one effect configuration for multiple leads/pads...

Of course, if I only need a certain amount of effect on a devices, I'll use an aux send - but then I usually contain that within a line mixer inside a Combi patch, so you can't see those! ;)

That's why i dont use Reason, the cable thing makes me nervous if i have to patch a sound though tons of effects. I can do it with two clicks in any other DAW (no swept), actually the cheapest DAW is EnergyXT and it's still a descent one (but it lacks may functionalities),

Hope they do something more