Just for the hell of it pt.2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so. about a year ago, i made this little experiment. it was never finished, and I haven't worked on anything since...but i figured since none of the other female members had posted anything yet on here, maybe i'll take one for the team... :ph34r:

Posted Image:unsure:

so. about a year ago, i made this little experiment. it was never finished, and I haven't worked on anything since...but i figured since none of the other female members had posted anything yet on here, maybe i'll take one for the team...  :ph34r:

Posted Image:unsure:

521581[/snapback]

Post the audio or, you know, STFU. :) Seriously, would be interesting to hear, even if it's not finished.

114 tracks, that's ridiculous

Posted Image

522314[/snapback]

Are you serious? That's, like, 100 too many! :)

Post the audio or, you know, STFU. :) Seriously, would be interesting to hear, even if it's not finished.

522406[/snapback]

S-ing TFU now... :unsure:

ok ok....check you pm later tonight otto. ;)

S-ing TFU now...  :unsure:

ok ok....check you pm later tonight otto.  ;)

523521[/snapback]

Sorry about the STFU thing. :) I was trying to be funny (I almost never use it). Anyway, I look forward to it. :)

Sorry about the STFU thing. :) I was trying to be funny (I almost never use it). Anyway, I look forward to it. :)

523534[/snapback]

awwwwwww STFU....its all in good fun :D I look forward to your comments!

You going to be at Gaian Mind Festival this year?

awwwwwww STFU....its all in good fun  :D  I look forward to your comments!

You going to be at Gaian Mind Festival this year?

523579[/snapback]

Comments sent. No, no Gaian Mind for me, but I will be at Sonica.

(By the way, people, Lauryn's track was pretty cool. I told her she should post it for some helpful feedback since it's not done yet.)

Now STFU. :)

Posted Image

Here's a work-in-progress song I'm making.

Which forum should unfinished songs be submitted to?

523831[/snapback]

Man...this looks like a lot of work :)

FL has a very geometric feeling about it....

By the way, you can post unfinished songs on this section. Finished songs, you should put on the Music Promotion forum

Hmm, some track from the last album:

Made in Psycle, the open source modular tracker.

Goddess Guerrilla

523076[/snapback]

Now Playing: Taika-Kim/ Aavepyörä - Goddess Guerilla

Nice track so far :)

Now, are you doing this on GNU/Linux?

One of the reasons that make me feel like I have to stick to Windows is that I couldn't find any nice program to make music with in GNU/Linux. Although I'm a little puzzled with the images of the tracker and the... whatever that first screenshot is, I'm interested in this program. I guess I will have to read about it :o

Man...this looks like a lot of work :)

FL has a very geometric feeling about it....

By the way, you can post unfinished songs on this section. Finished songs, you should put on the Music Promotion forum

526115[/snapback]

Ok, thanks heaps for the reply! Yeah, it has been a bit of work. Still alot more to go though! I've posted the song in the thread "Evil Imps (Work in Progress)" if you'd care to hear how it sounds :P

Not too many replies though yet :( Maybe it sounds better to my ears than it actually is...

Now, are you doing this on GNU/Linux?

One of the reasons that make me feel like I have to stick to Windows is that I couldn't find any nice program to make music with in GNU/Linux. Although I'm a little puzzled with the images of the tracker and the... whatever that first screenshot is, I'm interested in this program. I guess I will have to read about it :o

526136[/snapback]

Sadly the Linux port of Psycle is still years ahead I think. And it needs VSTs anyway since the native generators aren't all that great IMO.

It's VST support is OK I think, altough there are many popular VSTs that are not stable. But the new VST host is on the way...

The first screenshot is the generator area where one can freely route audio between different plugins. Just couldn't live without that.

My worst gripes are the still bit flaky VST support and maybe the lack of accuracy because of the quantized note matrix. Aodix has this implemented nicely, absolutely the best tracker sequencer with sub-patterns & such. Too bad it's such a lot of work to migrate between software :/ And I think that in the long run Psycle will see much more developement than Aodix, Arguru has already stated I think that he'll just fix Aodix to a 100% working state and then move on...

Oh, the good parts: F-A-S-T to work around. Great for trance. Modular. Free. Open source. And the most important: I'm used to it!

Actually I'd like to have time to explore EnergyXT more, it seems like such an perfect solution for my purposes. It's so advanced and still ligthweight and cheap too, that using something like Sonar or Cubase after it feels like switching for a SUV after riding a bike :) (hey, the whole program is like a few megabytes, and the developer is CRAZY about adding features to it...)

Sadly the Linux port of Psycle is still years ahead I think. And it needs VSTs anyway since the native generators aren't all that great IMO.

It's VST support is OK I think, altough there are many popular VSTs that are not stable. But the new VST host is on the way...

The first screenshot is the generator area where one can freely route audio between different plugins. Just couldn't live without that.

My worst gripes are the still bit flaky VST support and maybe the lack of accuracy because of the quantized note matrix. Aodix has this implemented nicely, absolutely the best tracker sequencer with sub-patterns & such. Too bad it's such a lot of work to migrate between software :/ And I think that in the long run Psycle will see much more developement than Aodix, Arguru has already stated I think that he'll just fix Aodix to a 100% working state and then move on...

Oh, the good parts: F-A-S-T to work around. Great for trance. Modular. Free. Open source. And the most important: I'm used to it!

Actually I'd like to have time to explore EnergyXT more, it seems like such an perfect solution for my purposes. It's so advanced and still ligthweight and cheap too, that using something like Sonar or Cubase after it feels like switching for a SUV after riding a bike :) (hey, the whole program is like a few megabytes, and the developer is CRAZY about adding features to it...)

529922[/snapback]

Thanks for the information :)

Been messing around for the past week, making pads, leads, sequences... Then I noticed that three quarters of them were in the same key. So I threw them all together, and a song is building out of it, slowly. :)

No sequencer shot as I like to work 'live' until I've worked out a way to piece bits together in the sequencer. But you can have a look at the mess of cables. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

By the way, no my monitor is not that big, I just pieced 4 screens together in Photoshop. :)