The top five.

dunqn

I'v  not heard much of the older goa trance stuff since i'v just been in the psytrance  scene for 3 years now :)

516506[/snapback]

that's so lame argument, and you know it :)

3 years is enough to know this genre through-outly man!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'v  not heard much of the older goa trance stuff since i'v just been in the psytrance  scene for 3 years now :)

516506[/snapback]

Oh boy... you will have a looooot of homework :lol:

Start going thru the artists named in this thread...

NOW! :lol:

that's so lame argument, and you know it :)

3 years is enough to know this genre through-outly man!

516509[/snapback]

It's just that i dont like most of the older stuff that much. I find most of it boring imo compared to the newer more killer music that's out B)

If you find the older releases by Hallucinogen,Koxbox,Transwave,Astral Projection and Man With No Name boring comparing to the productions of Azax Syndrom,Fungus Funk,Psychotic Micro and the rest you mentioned then you really should sit down and think whether you are trully into psy trance or not and whether the stuff you listen to are psy trance or something else.

Damn where is this scene heading to....

It's just that i dont like most of the older stuff that much. I find most of it boring imo compared to the newer more killer music that's out B)

516523[/snapback]

this here is a big goa - head forum here, and yer bound to royally piss someone off with that blasphemy!

Hey, I am in a similar kind of boat.

For some reason, I can't get huge into Shpongle. I enjoy Koxbox, Doof, Etnica, MFG, Transwave, MWNN, Electric Universe, some Hallucinogen etc, but for some reason Shpongle can't grab me. I can't even explain it.

Hey, it's not for everyone. I know loads of people who really like it (psy and non psy fans) and some psy chill nuts who just don't think shpongle's any good.

Personally I like shpongle but I'm not too crazy about them. When I first listened it was like BOOM OH MY GOD!! But that feeling faded with time and now I just find it okay.

If you find the older releases by Hallucinogen,Koxbox,Transwave,Astral Projection and Man With No Name boring comparing to the productions of Azax Syndrom,Fungus Funk,Psychotic Micro and the rest you mentioned then you really should sit down and think whether you are trully into psy trance or not and whether the stuff you listen to are psy trance or something else.

516531[/snapback]

I'm not sayin that all goa trance and old music is boring, I like some old stuff like huxflux,droidsect,logic bomb,manmademan,talamasca,the infinity project,juno reactor and some of the first trance cd's i ever owned were koxbox-the great unknown and astral projection-another world and i still listen 2 them, I'm just sayin that i dont like some of it because imo its not as exciting and hardcore as the newer stuff.

516531[/snapback]

oh, boohoo

where is the scene heading?

a bit condescending today, are we?

Hey, it's not for everyone. I know loads of people who really like it (psy and non psy fans) and some psy chill nuts who just don't think shpongle's any good.

Personally I like shpongle but I'm not too crazy about them. When I first listened it was like BOOM OH MY GOD!! But that feeling faded with time and now I just find it okay.

516554[/snapback]

yep

I agree to an extent that some of the older stuff doesn't hold up over time. It seems to me this has a lot to do with advances in technology, however, rather than lack of artistic talent. I find it difficult to listen to a lot of older Total Eclipse, for instance, not because their music isn't innovative, but because their sound is somewhat thin compared to newer productions. And I have to admit that it's frustrating and sad to not be able to enjoy older music like I once did. However, there are some old albums that have held up really well. Astral Projection's Trust in Trance is a great example.

I agree totally.  I must also say that I'm chuffed to bits that two people on this thread have seen fit to put the VoC album in their list of 'classics'... surely premature but very very flattering!

516241[/snapback]

:P Well, I said I just named my favorites. But, seriously, since I'm not that long into psytrance, I think that maybe in 10 years or so I'll remember the VoC album as a classic, because it's among the first psytrance albums I bought. I'm not so fond of all the

oldschool stuff like Astral Projection and Juno Reactor. I like Eat Static and Hallucinogen though.

i think is verry difficult question...

anyway...i believe albums from shpongle, astral projection, vibrasphere, ticon, son kite, protoculture, etnica, california sunshine, x-dream, and all ultimae records releases are in my list. i cant choose my top five right now, but these artists are defenetly in.!

cheers :)

The guy is asking about the classics and people are giving him names like Derango,Psykovski,Texas Faggot,Xenomorph,Bigwigs,Artifakt,Psysex and more,i even saw Menog somewhere if i am not mistaken....

People the word CLASSICS doesnt mean 'what are your favorite albums' but albums that are considered as milestones in psy trance and that people will remember even after 20 years from today.

515861[/snapback]

come on mr.detox,u cant critisize names like texas faggott because u cannot have the music skills to do OR u have not study their sound during the years,its simple no harm feelings..u prefer juno reactor and total eclipse tunes some other ppl found TIMO's mp3z from 1993 as SUPER CLASSIXXX...u see what i mean?

TF is what got me into psytrance. I've always been more attracted to the homespun experimentalism than the more conservative polished hi-tech tweakings. Petoman's peflett is definitely a classic.

516157[/snapback]

;)

Dear Agia_Igoumeni what are you talking about?

I critisize Texas Faggott (by the way i dont critisize them i just said and explained why they cant be considered as classic with facts) because i dont have the music skills to produce their music?

Man i dont have the skills not to produce music like Texas Faggott but not even Safi Connection or anyone else simply because i dont have music skills at all,this doesnt give me the right to speak about music and even critisize other artists?Get yourself together mate you can do better than than and i know it ;)

Hallucinogen

516605[/snapback]

so i just came back from a hallucinogen live and shpongle dj set

here is what i think

i will not say that hallucinogen is not a good musician, because to be a bad one, you'd have to be a musician first

he was one once, but let it go, amigo

shpongle dj set was boring as fuck

great party, good drugs, good ppl, worst musical experience of the last years

oh and to be clear, i am very open minded to music

if i dont like the style something is written in, i am still able to see artistic merit

and this my fellow psynewsers has nothing to with opinion

there was absolutely no artistic merit in that "performance" whatsoever

ok, then, that's what i thought

everyone agrees then

nothing wrong with someone having a burst of creative energy at a certain period of time and capitalizing on it

nothing is lasting anyways

but if i were him and i respected myself i would pass onto other day jobs

ok, then, that's what i thought

everyone agrees then

nothing wrong with someone having a burst of creative energy at a certain period of time and capitalizing on it

nothing is lasting anyways

but if i were him and i respected myself i would pass onto other day jobs

518617[/snapback]

There are though a lot of people that still enjoy his music, and i guess he enjoys it as well. So i don't see a problem here. Till he turns totally pathetic like AP with their "Pop-stars" collaborations i don't think we have a problem.