The top five.

dunqn

Oh, radi, I'm disappointed. In the Mix was, is, and forever will be, awful. It was such a cash-in. I think you should go without any pudding for a few days and reflect on the error of your ways.

515843[/snapback]

...even if he eats his beef?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People the word CLASSICS doesnt mean 'what are your favorite albums' but albums that are considered as milestones in psy trance and that people will remember even after 20 years from today.

With all the respect to the artists who the fuck is going to remember Penta and Kindzandza in 2026?

Absofuckinglutely noone.

But people will remember artists like Juno Reactor,Hallucinogen,Man With No Name,Koxbox,Astral Projection,Total Eclipse,Etnica,Pleiadians,X Dream,Electric Universe,Transwave,MFG,California Sunshine and some more SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY MADE TRUE CLASSIC TRACKS AND NOT JUST SOME NICE OR EVEN GOOD TUNES.

515861[/snapback]

while my opinion coincides with yours for the most part, i understand enough not to go around saying that my opinion IS the way

maybe for some, electric universe only made nice tracks, but not something they will remember in 20 years, whereas penta was for them one of the milestones of a turn in psytrance

The guy is asking about the classics and people are giving him names like Derango,Psykovski,Texas Faggot,Xenomorph,Bigwigs,Artifakt,Psysex and more,i even saw Menog somewhere if i am not mistaken....

People the word CLASSICS doesnt mean 'what are your favorite albums' but albums that are considered as milestones in psy trance and that people will remember even after 20 years from today.

With all the respect to the artists who the fuck is going to remember Penta and Kindzandza in 2026?

Absofuckinglutely noone.

515861[/snapback]

dude it doesn't make sense ....

basicly you are saying that only oldschool producers have made classics....

just as people remember hux flux so will they remember texas faggott and even kindzadza for bringing a new style .... Ofcourse they are not as well known as the acts you have mentioned but they will be given credit by those who know what they are talking about....I even think people will forget about californian sunshine and mwnn simply because for a lot of new listeners they sound way to dated and no different than other oldschool ....

Oh, radi, I'm disappointed. In the Mix was, is, and forever will be, awful. It was such a cash-in. I think you should go without any pudding for a few days and reflect on the error of your ways.

515843[/snapback]

I hate the In the mix album also, but the Unmixed LP is awesome, don´t you like the Free Tibet Remix or the Flying into a Star RMX or the Searching for UFOs RMX?

I hate the In the mix album also, but the Unmixed LP is awesome, don´t you like the Free Tibet Remix or the Flying into a Star RMX or the Searching for UFOs RMX?

516021[/snapback]

The unmixed CD is easily the best of the two but I prefer the originals to the remixes.

dude it doesn't make sense ....

basicly you are saying that only oldschool producers have made classics.... 

just as people remember hux flux so will they remember texas faggott and even kindzadza for bringing a new style .... Ofcourse they are not as well known as the acts you have mentioned but they will be given credit by those who know what they are talking about....I even think people will forget about californian sunshine and mwnn simply because for a lot of new listeners they sound way to dated and no different than other oldschool ....

515915[/snapback]

He is APSOLUTLY right, there are some newschool artists like Etheral and Ypsilon5 and they sound nice, but compared to the masters of the old time they are laughable amateurs or don´t want make good melodic trance but some trance similar to fucking fullon that isn´t psychedelic at all. In the oldschooltimes artists affort to top each other with melodies and atmospheres etc but today everyone makes the same shit again and again. You can´t call any new album classic, i even don´t know if you can call any new album good but ofcourse not classic. The todays "psytrance" isn´t psychedelic at all and sound really crappy, i get cramps on my whole body if i listen to that fullon bassline and kics, it´s not worth to talk about such a music IMO.

Edit: I will get cramps of fullon even if it will be with perfect melodies, the basslines and kicks áre the shittiest of every bassline i heard in any music, how can people use this monotonic roling bassline? The music can be as good as oldschool but with the fucking fullon bassline any music sound shit, even hallucinogens LSD or Astral Projections mahadeva would sound qwful with fullon basline and kics, maybe some fullon tracks would sound good with the classic basslines but it is hopeless with this fucking fullon basslines, i don´t want get cramps while ,listening to such music and i also don´t want destroy my stereo with this crap.

He is APSOLUTLY right, there are some newschool artists like Etheral and Ypsilon5 and they sound nice, but compared to the masters of the old time they are laughable amateurs or don´t want make good melodic trance but some trance similar to fucking fullon that isn´t psychedelic at all. In the oldschooltimes artists affort to top each other with melodies and atmospheres etc but today everyone makes the same shit again and again. You can´t call any new album classic, i even don´t know if you can call any new album good but ofcourse not classic. The todays "psytrance" isn´t psychedelic at all and sound really crappy, i get cramps on my whole body if i listen to that fullon bassline and kics, it´s not worth to talk about such a music IMO.

Edit: I will get cramps of fullon even if it will be with perfect melodies, the basslines and kicks áre the shittiest of every bassline i heard in any music, how can people use this monotonic roling bassline? The music can be as good as oldschool but with the fucking fullon bassline any music sound shit, even hallucinogens LSD or Astral Projections mahadeva would sound qwful with fullon basline and kics, maybe some fullon tracks would sound good with the classic basslines but it is hopeless with this fucking fullon basslines, i don´t want get cramps while ,listening to such music and i also don´t want destroy my stereo with this crap.

516077[/snapback]

Another classic post from radi. His distaste for full-on is legendary.

The guy is asking about the classics and people are giving him names like Derango,Psykovski,Texas Faggot,Xenomorph,Bigwigs,Artifakt,Psysex and more,i even saw Menog somewhere if i am not mistaken....

Just to let you know Texas Faggot has been around for ages and for many mr Tim is about as legendary as St Posford..

Sörkkä Sonic - Flipping Bixies (first Finnish pietrance album I believe) was released about the same time than Hallucinogen's Twisted.. and it started a whole new subgenre! Finnish pietrance.. I'd say it's pretty classic release ;)

I really just feel it is easier to name old school artists as classic because they have stood the test of time. IMO it is hard to say that something is a classic the same date it is released. You could but later you might change your opinion...

People still make great music in this scene but to me it just doesn´t stand out enough from the mass to be called a classic. Maybe if you ask the same question after 10 years we will have different answers :unsure:

But aren´t í right charlie? do you listen to fullon or what?

516124[/snapback]

There is no right or wrong in that question... just opinions <_<

Just to let you know Texas Faggot has been around for ages and for many mr Tim is about as legendary as St Posford..

Sörkkä Sonic - Flipping Bixies (first Finnish pietrance album I believe) was released about the same time than Hallucinogen's Twisted.. and it started a whole new subgenre! Finnish pietrance.. I'd say it's pretty classic release  ;)

516115[/snapback]

heh I was about to post the same when I read Detox's post. I mean those gays have been around for so long! And another thing, people still love Texas Faggott's early material to death. You can easily their stuff is klääässik. :)

heh I was about to post the same when I read Detox's post. I mean those gays have been around for so long! And another thing, people still love Texas Faggott's early material to death. You can easily their stuff is klääässik. :)

516143[/snapback]

I think only extremly well informed scene experts are aware of just how classic TF actually is ;)

but let's forgive these n00bs :P

edit. I bet there were some tape demos of what was to become finnish pietrance circling around as early as 1990 :)

Delirious answered for me preety nicely i think.Hallucinogen,Man With No Name,Koxbox,Transwave,Juno Reactor and the rest have passed the test of time with great success while most of the other names mentioned like Penta,Kindzandza,Menog and the rest are names no more than 4-5 years in the scene,i mean you cant consider as a classic the Pentafiles album by Penta that was released something like 2-3 years ago.Hope you get my point.

Also being in the scene for many years doesnt make you a classic producer either,i mean yes i do aggree that Texas Faggot are many many years in the scene but their music is known to few people (comparing to the classic producers mentioned earlier like Juno and Simon) and actually its a very controversial music even for the psy trance fans,i mean some people dont consider this music as psy trance therefore many of you name it finnish psytrance or suomi or whatever.Innovative and Original and Controversial yes but classic for sure no,only for its hardcore fans i guess.I mean Koxbox and Total Eclipse are respected and loved by the whole psy trance spectrum fans (or the biggest part of it) while Texas Faggott for sure are not.I mean i even dare to say that Texas Faggott case looks like Skazi case,i mean Skazi introduced something new to the scene with his hardcore trance sound and he even has thousands of hardcore fans around the world but can you really call him classic?For sure not since he isnt widely accepted in the trance scene,actually he has as many hardcore fans as sworn enemies hehe.

I also love Vibrasphere and Juvenile and i think that they both offered something new to the scene but i really cant call them classic artists.

Try to leave your personal preferences aside and dont think what is classic for you but what is classic for the majority of the listeners out there.

Delirious answered for me preety nicely i think.Hallucinogen,Man With No Name,Koxbox,Transwave,Juno Reactor and the rest have passed the test of time with great success while most of the other names mentioned like Penta,Kindzandza,Menog and the rest are names no more than 4-5 years in the scene,i mean you cant consider as a classic the Pentafiles album by Penta that was released something like 2-3 years ago.Hope you get my point.

Also being in the scene for many years doesnt make you a classic producer either,i mean yes i do aggree that Texas Faggot are many many years in the scene but their music is known to few people (comparing to the classic producers mentioned earlier like Juno and Simon) and actually its a very controversial music even for the psy trance fans,i mean some people dont consider this music as psy trance therefore many of you name it finnish psytrance or suomi or whatever.Innovative and Original and Controversial yes but classic for sure no,only for its hardcore fans i guess.I mean Koxbox and Total Eclipse are respected and loved by the whole psy trance spectrum fans (or the biggest part of it) while Texas Faggott for sure are not.I mean i even dare to say that Texas Faggott case looks like Skazi case,i mean Skazi introduced something new to the scene with his hardcore trance sound and he even has thousands of hardcore fans around the world but can you really call him classic?For sure not since he isnt widely accepted in the trance scene,actually he has as many hardcore fans as sworn enemies hehe.

I also love Vibrasphere and Juvenile and i think that they both offered something new to the scene but i really cant call them classic artists.

Try to leave your personal preferences aside and dont think what is classic for you but what is classic for the majority of the listeners out there.

516153[/snapback]

So it's down to the lowest common denominator then.

I really just feel it is easier to name old school artists as classic because they have stood the test of time. IMO it is hard to say that something is a classic the same date it is released. You could but later you might change your opinion...

People still make great music in this scene but to me it just doesn´t stand out enough from the mass to be called a classic. Maybe if you ask the same question after 10 years we will have different answers  :unsure:

516117[/snapback]

I agree totally. I must also say that I'm chuffed to bits that two people on this thread have seen fit to put the VoC album in their list of 'classics'... surely premature but very very flattering!

But aren´t í right charlie? do you listen to fullon or what?

516124[/snapback]

Well, I definately agree with you but as the often wise Delirious says, there really is no right and wrong when it comes to music. It's all subjective.

I havn´t listened before the name Texas Faggott. What did this artist produce, was it oldschool, if yes maybe i´ll check him out.

516285[/snapback]

It's just as old as old school.. co existed pretty much since the beginning. Perhaps the oldest sub genre eh?

516153[/snapback]

so... it should be a poll then?

I am not sure who should be qualified to speak for the majority....

I thought this forum was full of individuals...

Older:

Nocturne-V/A (Discovalley Recs)

Fungus Funk-Cyber Fungus -Album-

Azax syndrome vs Psychotic micro-Voices of madness (Parvati Recs)

Parasense-Avangaro (Acidance Recs)

Xenomorph-Qlippoth (Gnostic Recs)

Newer:

Derango-Tumult (Impsyde Media Recs)

Ghreg on earth-Sigil weaver (Wirikuta Recs)

Deep mental trauma-V/A (Nabi Recs)

Para halu-World of peace (Parvati Recs)

Refused-V/A (devils mind Recs)

I'v not heard much of the older goa trance stuff since i'v just been in the psytrance scene for 3 years now :)