the bids are on could be a record

technosomy

Yeah. I think the thing is that the people who are manic collectors now grew up with CDs; They didn't get into this type of music until like 99 or later, and then the vinyl was already disappearing. So they've never been big on vinyl, and hence to them CDs are "the real thing". For me it was the other way around; I've always been a vinyl person, since I started buying music in the mid 80's, before the CD format became mainstream.

513094[/snapback]

Interesting.

I have been becoming a vinyl person lately ... although I grew up with CDs and that. I also still love cassette tapes. Guess I'm an exception.

It's mainly because vinyl I can get cheap at record fairs you know ... and I love that digging through huge boxes of crap music vinyls, all smelling of basement and reeking and then suddenly you draw out a masterpiece ... it's not psy, but still good music, stuff that is not released anymore ... sometimes you even find old Tangerine Dream and such stuff ... for a really good price. I guess I could sell the stuff easily for the double amount or even more at any time :)

And it's not only the price. Vinyl indeed does have a soul. You can SEE the sound waves engraved on the record, you can feel it with your fingers, you see where are breaks and where there's much sound going on ... it's alive, that stuff ... you can hear the needle playing the melodies even when the speakers are off, just listen closely ... and the sound itself is richer, warmer, not synthetic, even if it eventually crackles a little bit sometimes, it's just cool stuff...

I also dragged two friends along with me into the vinyl frenzy, so I am not alone with all that either and can share tips and stuff :)

RTP, amen to that =) I am buying a lot of CDs lately, but look at my collection; I LOVE VINYL =) I even have a t-shirt that says that (a spoof of the classic I [heart] NY" design)

When I move to a new appartment this summer, I will have an entire wall of vinyl records. When full, it will hold 5000 records... If I ever have that many, it will be a pretty awesome sight =)

i always ask myself if the former owners of labels like symbiosis may still have a few copies of AO in a dusty cellar or smt. if they'd just know how much ppl for them, man, they could re-start their label company!

jea i'm a dreamer, :P

If the label owners have more of these CD's they would not be able to become rich either way you look at it.

Cosider these 2 scenarios:

1) The owner has 1, 2 or 3 CD's which he sells for a crazy high price since it's so rare but in the grand scheme of things it is nowhere near enough to be an invesment to re-start the label.

2) The owner has many CD's to sell, but the price will go down greatly if it's no longer rare so he will not get much money. Of course it would be great if he has 3000 CD's sitting in his basement he would sell for a regular CD price, but it's unlikely he has that many CD's available.

The only way it may realistically work is to re-release it, but do they want to take another chance?

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

colin get on the phone give them a call, tell them to get down to that basement

we will all go 3rds?

33.3333333333333333333333 each (first we will take a copy each for ourselves)

sell the rest on ebay!!

better give tony and kit a cut to

what do you say? :lol:  :lol:  :D

513049[/snapback]

Fuck that, Kit still owes us money for aLIVE.

Guest antic

basically there are two types of auctions on eBay:

regular - when you bid for item and at the auction's end the highest bidder wins

buy it now - with a fixed price; the first person to click the "Buy it now!" button gets the item for the asking price and the auction ends

how's this  for a record? :)

516134[/snapback]

Now there's some serious collectors. 8 grand!! Now I'd love to find that in some back street record store for a few hundred yen! Eyes Peeled!!! :ph34r:

Actually i am thinking to visit that friend of mine in that cd printing factory and have some copies from some really rare cds and sell them afterwards.

I mean it would cost me something like 300-400 euros to print any release on very few copies (like 50 copies each) but selling lets say each one of them for 30-50 euros could mean some serious money.

Damn i should never post these words online hehe.

Guest antic

Actually i am thinking to visit that friend of mine in that cd printing factory and have some copies from some really rare cds and sell them afterwards.

I mean it would cost me something like 300-400 euros to print any release on very few copies (like 50 copies each) but selling lets say each one of them for 30-50 euros could mean some serious money.

Damn i should never post these words online hehe.

516566[/snapback]

man, if you can make a factory-like looking Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh, then I'll pay 30EUR for it. Really :)

Guest antic

hold on a little longer and you can have the re-release for 10

516704[/snapback]

Yeah I know, but it will probably have some "extra" logos, with different artwork and / or remastered. I'd prefer to have it like it was released, even if it would not be exactly the FR's release... :)

• 1 month later...