the bids are on could be a record

technosomy

I don't understand why this is so sought after really.  I wouldn't mind owning it but there are a half dozen other compilations I can think of off the top of my head that are just as good or better in my opinion that I NEVER see people mention!

512446[/snapback]

Supply and demand

Supply and demand

512447[/snapback]

Yeah I know, and I don't begrudge anybody that pays what its worth to them. There's just better stuff out there that is completely ignored. Some of those don't have this mythical legendary status. Even 'transdimensional' is better IMO, far better. I do understand that its probably the pleiadians tracks effect that drives this thing through the roof, but still...

Yeah I know, and  I don't begrudge anybody that pays what its worth to them.  There's just better stuff out there that is completely ignored.  Some of those don't have this mythical legendary status.  Even 'transdimensional' is better IMO, far better.  I do understand that its probably the pleiadians tracks effect that drives this thing through the roof, but still...

512453[/snapback]

are those pleiadian tracks on any other c.d releases?

link not working?

i know it's etnica,but what release?

512547[/snapback]

yeah apparently its not working <_<

it was their first ep, on brainstorm records, and whats the worst - ukiro got it only for 5pounds, no one else made a bid, this sucks so much :rolleyes: .

Yeah I know, and  I don't begrudge anybody that pays what its worth to them.  There's just better stuff out there that is completely ignored.  Some of those don't have this mythical legendary status.  Even 'transdimensional' is better IMO, far better.  I do understand that its probably the pleiadians tracks effect that drives this thing through the roof, but still...

512453[/snapback]

This compilation is among the first and as such it's a valued collectors item and the fact that the tracklist and the actual tracks are great and the print is small makes the price so high.

Even though Transdimensional might be better (I don't think they can be compared), it's not as important as this compilation.

When I was new to Goa and to e-bay, I paid so much for Transwave - Helium that I'm ashamed to ever admit how much I spent. All I can say is that it was so insane that it can't ever be repeated. I didn't know how ebay worked and started bidding several days early and I'm guessing that the seller or seller's friend artifically jacked up the price by continually raising the bid. Either that or there was someone else as insane as I was.

Generally, when I want an album badly enough, money is not an issue.....but this blew even those limits....I still shudder to think about it because I see Transwave - Helium sell quite regularly for a tiny fraction of what I shelled out for it..

.....live and learn.

Guest antic

When I was new to Goa and to e-bay, I paid so much for Transwave - Helium that I'm ashamed to ever admit how much I spent.  All I can say is that it was so insane that it can't ever be repeated.  I didn't know how ebay worked and started bidding several days early and I'm guessing that the seller or seller's friend artifically jacked up the price by continually raising the bid.  Either that or there was someone else as insane as I was.

Generally, when I want an album badly enough, money is not an issue.....but this blew even those limits....I still shudder to think about it because I see Transwave - Helium sell quite regularly for a tiny fraction of what I shelled out for it..

.....live and learn.

512660[/snapback]

heh, don't be shy - tell us :)

shit, indeed, i cant fix it, it works from my bookmarks but not from here <_<, ok, try this way -

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Makina-ETNICA-GROUP...BRAINSTORM_W0QQ

itemZ4864826122QQcategoryZ98913QQssPageName

ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

put it together into you browser, see if it works.

512555[/snapback]

There are two kinds of URL formats for items on ebay right now, and both work on all the ebay.* servers. Here are the two versions for this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4864826122

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ4864826122

In your original URL, you can cut out everything between the slash and the first underscore, and then everything after the digits - it will still work.

About this record; I already have it, and this was with a plain sleeve instead of the printed one (which I have). But mine is in VG condition and this was NM, so I will replace my current disc with this one =) It's nowhere near their later releases in terms of musical qualities, but as a collector and huge etnica fan I want this in as good condition as possible, of course.

Accidental Occidentalism winning bid: US $280.00

Gothdamn, I could already make a few days trip to Budapest with that money!

You people are insane, I have shitloads of old Goavynil from 94 on, maybe Ill sell them if I fall on hard times, I never listen to them anyways. I didnt know there are so many crtazy people who are after these things...

512665[/snapback]

You can forget prices like that for vinyl. The demand is very very low these days.

Accidental Occidentalism winning bid: US $280.00

Gothdamn, I could already make a few days trip to Budapest with that money!

512955[/snapback]

Poor old Tony Symbiosis and Kit (ptui!) Cabbaged must be laughing like drains if they see this, considering that Symbiosis closed down cos of a tax bill... it's such a shame that the label won't see a penny of that sum - a few of these in the right places back then and who knows, the label might even have stayed in operation...

Poor old Tony Symbiosis and Kit (ptui!) Cabbaged must be laughing like drains if they see this, considering that Symbiosis closed down cos of a tax bill... it's such a shame that the label won't see a penny of that sum - a few of these in the right places back then and who knows, the label might even have stayed in operation...

513037[/snapback]

They might have a couple of copies long forgoten in the basement.....

:)

They might have a couple of copies long forgoten in the basement.....

:)

513038[/snapback]

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

colin get on the phone give them a call, tell them to get down to that basement

we will all go 3rds?

33.3333333333333333333333 each (first we will take a copy each for ourselves)

sell the rest on ebay!!

better give tony and kit a cut to

what do you say? :lol::lol::D

I dont get it, so Vynil isnt worth nothing, and a stupid easily reproducable and copyable CD goes for 280€?? :o  :lol:  :lol:

513068[/snapback]

Send me a list of you vinyls if you wanna get rid of them. But don't expect me to pay me 50 Euros each.... ;)

I dont get it, so Vynil isnt worth nothing, and a stupid easily reproducable and copyable CD goes for 280€?? :o  :lol:  :lol:

513068[/snapback]

Yeah. I think the thing is that the people who are manic collectors now grew up with CDs; They didn't get into this type of music until like 99 or later, and then the vinyl was already disappearing. So they've never been big on vinyl, and hence to them CDs are "the real thing". For me it was the other way around; I've always been a vinyl person, since I started buying music in the mid 80's, before the CD format became mainstream.

513037[/snapback]

so true

Yeah. I think the thing is that the people who are manic collectors now grew up with CDs; They didn't get into this type of music until like 99 or later, and then the vinyl was already disappearing. So they've never been big on vinyl, and hence to them CDs are "the real thing". For me it was the other way around; I've always been a vinyl person, since I started buying music in the mid 80's, before the CD format became mainstream.

513094[/snapback]

you are probably right. Im a Vynil person myself as well, a Cd is worth nothing to me, its just a piece of plastic. Vynil on the otrher hand has soul :wub: