Lotto Contest to thank 2006 reviewers

faze

I am in a crazy mood lately. I have been enjoying all of you crazy people's company here, along with all the fantastic reviews!

Thank you to all you reviewers. You make this site great fun and very useful.

As a way to sort of show thanks, I am having another little contest. I have 15 or so CDs below. All new, and still wrapped (if came wrapped from store).

Anyone who wants to enter the drawing, please do so below. All I ask is that you have reviewed a CD here on the boards in 2006. It does have be be an indepth review. If you need an example, see any of Profane, Death Posture, Further, or Rah's examples in the review sections. Everyone is welcome to enter, including Profane, Death Posture, Further, Rah, etc.

If you would like to enter, please reply below saying so, also including a link to one of your reviews posted in 2006. If you have not yet reviewed anything, there is still time, any new reviews will be eligible as well. You have almost two weeks to review something. Entries accepted until end of this month April. The review itself must be posted in 2006, but the CD being reviewed does not have to have been released in 2006.

Any silly reviews such as "Faze's Mom 1/10", although funny, will be ignored. :P

I will draw TWO names from a hat from all entries received. I am NOT JUDGING reviews, it will be totally random. Winners get to pick any ONE of the CDs below, shipped to them paid by me (slowest/cheapest shipping). I do not accept responsibility if the shipment doesn't make it to you. :(

I make no guarantees, as this is free, and fun.

If the turnout is HUGE (my call) or we get a lot of new, first time reviewers (my call again) I may draw a third name and give away a third CD.

Game ends at end of APRIL 2006.

I tried to offer an assortment of styles/types of music below.

The CDs (These are new, not used)

Etnica - Alien Protein (Reissue)

Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker

VA - Quality Relaxation

VA - Sanctuary

Vibrasphere - Archipelago

Mystery of the Yeti/Mystical Experiences (2CD REISSUE)

Ishvara - Magik Square of the Sun

Younger Brother - Flock of Bleeps

P.O.T.S - Creating Social Success

Tegma - Around the World in 80 Minutes

VA - Street Art

Perfect Stranger - Learning = Change

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Gardens

VA - Albedo

VA - Psy Stories

OTT - Blumenkraft

VA - Hibernation

Ultimate Dolly Parton

Hopefully this is a fun experience for all of us. Good Luck.

faze

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not a reviewer just wanted to say that someone [iMO] will be very satisfied by some of those cds [etnica, cbl, yeti/tip...] :) !

B)

way to go, now, only thing for you left to do to become a saint, holy men, is to start to share ultra rarities :D !

Count me in. I can do a review, but usually it's a time taker so haven't done many :)

511453[/snapback]

You've got time. Any new reviews posted up till end of April are eligible.

im not a reviewer just wanted to say that someone [iMO] will be very satisfied by some of those cds [etnica, cbl, yeti/tip...] :) !

B)

way to go, now, only thing for you left to do to become a saint, holy men, is to start to share ultra rarities :D !

511452[/snapback]

Now's your chance to BECOME a reviewer! GO GO GO!

Yeah, if I had any rarities I could offer em, but alas, I do not. :(

hot dang! that dolly parton is SO mine!!!

511456[/snapback]

:P:P:P

There may be a big fight for that one!

Actually, I hope nobody picks that one, because I would have to actually buy it then. :o

faze - you're the coolest!

What a great idea - and what a great way to spread some positivity on these boards! You rock!

Just wanted to say that... :)

Oh, and I think I have enough new CDs as it is, so I'll politely NOT enter this draw - and wait for some interesting reviews to roll in instead!

Get busy people... And good luck!

/DP

faze - you're the coolest!

What a great idea - and what a great way to spread some positivity on these boards! You rock!

Just wanted to say that...  :)

Oh, and I think I have enough new CDs as it is, so I'll politely NOT enter this draw - and wait for some interesting reviews to roll in instead!

Get busy people... And good luck!

/DP

511509[/snapback]

It's my pleasure.

You know, if you have plenty of CDs but still want to enter (hey, you did write plenty of reviews), and if you win, you are welcome to give your win to anyone else at psynews and let them pick a freebie.

Same goes for any of you other reviewers.

f

free cd?!

:blink:

I think I´ll write a review then :D

Ive just reviewed for the first time today, I chose "Hasta Las Patillas" on Discovalley. I guess you could call it in depth, I just basically explained my feelings while listening, and the imagery in my mind. DOes that qualify me for the drawing? This is a '05 release, reviewed just today the 17th of April 06...

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37137

Ive just reviewed for the first time today, I chose "Hasta Las Patillas" on Discovalley.  I guess you could call it in depth, I just basically explained my feelings while listening, and the imagery in my mind.  DOes that qualify me for the drawing?  This is a '05 release, reviewed just today the 17th of April 06...

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37137

511565[/snapback]

Very cool, alleycat. Yep, you are now officially entered. Good luck!

Thank you for the review. B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

You're genious & generous, man! Great initiative! :) I will do my best to write a decent review. It will be the first time I will do it. Is one review enough or should I make a few for being part of the contest?

Guest The Journey Man Project

I am in a crazy mood lately. I have been enjoying all of you crazy people's company here, along with all the fantastic reviews!

Thank you to all you reviewers. You make this site great fun and very useful.

As a way to sort of show thanks, I am having another little contest. I have 15 or so CDs below. All new, and still wrapped (if came wrapped from store).

Anyone who wants to enter the drawing, please do so below. All I ask is that you have reviewed a CD here on the boards in 2006. It does have be be an indepth review. If you need an example, see any of Profane, Death Posture, Further, or Rah's examples in the review sections. Everyone is welcome to enter, including Profane, Death Posture, Further, Rah, etc.

If you would like to enter, please reply below saying so, also including a link to one of your reviews posted in 2006. If you have not yet reviewed anything, there is still time, any new reviews will be eligible as well. You have almost two weeks to review something. Entries accepted until end of this month April. The review itself must be posted in 2006, but the CD being reviewed does not have to have been released in 2006.

Any silly reviews such as "Faze's Mom 1/10", although funny, will be ignored.  :P

I will draw ONE name from a hat from all entries received. I am not JUDGING reviews, it will be totally random. Winner gets to pick any ONE of the CDs below, shipped to them paid by me (slowest/cheapest shipping). I do not accept responsibility if the shipment doesn't make it to you.  :(

I make no guarantees, as this is free, and fun.

If the turnout is HUGE (my call) or we get a lot of new, first time reviewers (my call again) I may draw a second name and give away a second CD.

Game ends at end of APRIL 2006.

I tried to offer an assortment of styles/types of music below.

The CDs (These are new, not used)

Etnica - Alien Protein (Reissue)

Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker

VA - Quality Relaxation

VA - Sanctuary

Vibrasphere - Archipelago

Mystery of the Yeti/Mystical Experiences (2CD REISSUE)

Ishvara - Magik Square of the Sun

Younger Brother - Flock of Bleeps

P.O.T.S - Creating Social Success

Tegma - Around the World in 80 Minutes

VA - Street Art

Perfect Stranger - Learning = Change

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Gardens

VA - Albedo

VA - Psy Stories

OTT - Blumenkraft

VA - Hibernation

Ultimate Dolly Parton

Hopefully this is a fun experience for all of us. Good Luck.

faze

511445[/snapback]

Woul;d be interested in reviewing the P.O.T.S or Vibrasphere album... have done some reviews awhile ago but not recently, am currently conducting and interview with Makyop of Dakinig Records and have a large long time collectionof psy and goa and dub/ambient as well as have been into the scene for around 10-12 years...