There is no need to worry

Stalker

Nuclear Ramjet relesead his album

This topic is to discuss about this being the most awaited album of this semester

Do you think you can beat it?

Discuss

510306[/snapback]

Sorry, my brother, but I strongly believe that Ka-Sol is just a bit more most awaited. At least in my little Ka-Sol-obsessed world. :D

Sorry, my brother, but I strongly believe that Ka-Sol is just a bit more most awaited. At least in my little Ka-Sol-obsessed world.  :D

510330[/snapback]

Comparing those two does not do justice to either of them. Ka sol is a true mind blowing psychedelia while Nuclear Ramjet's "Mission To Sedna" is a very mature piece of electronic music fusing Trance, Techno, Progressive and Ambient with some futuristic/SF/Cinematic elements. The album opens with a different version of their famous Folding Time track. This one is even longer (13 and 1/2 min.) and very different from the one released on Refresh comp. The album is souitable for both home listening and dancefloor making it very likely to stand the test of time. Production and mastering are superb. Expect clean and punchy low end bass frequencies coupled with clean mid and highs therefore resulting in a highly enjoyable noise free listening experience at high volumes unlike many amateurish muddy productions where layers get lost in blurriness. Mission to Sedna is not minimal, yet not cluttered with sounds between the beats. If you're looking to fry your brain with some serious psychedelia get Ka Sol. If you want some mature clever electronic music that will most likely sound fresh and great many years from now get Nuclear Ramjet. I'm peronnally going for both.

Comparing those two does not do justice to either of them. Ka sol is a true mind blowing psychedelia while Nuclear Ramjet's "Mission To Sedna" is a very mature piece of electronic  music fusing Trance, Techno, Progressive and Ambient with some futuristic/SF/Cinematic elements. The album opens with a different version of their famous Folding Time track. This one is even longer (13 and 1/2 min.) and very different from the one released on Refresh comp. The album is souitable for both home listening and dancefloor making it very likely to stand the test of time. Production and mastering are superb. Expect clean and punchy low end bass frequencies coupled with clean mid and highs therefore resulting in a highly enjoyable noise free listening experience at high volumes unlike many amateurish muddy productions where layers get lost in blurriness. Mission to Sedna is not minimal, yet not cluttered with sounds between the beats. If you're looking to fry your brain with some serious psychedelia get Ka Sol. If you want some mature clever electronic music that will most likely sound fresh and great many years from now get Nuclear Ramjet. I'm peronnally going for both.

510333[/snapback]

Point very well taken. For the record, I wasn't trying to dis Nuclear Ramjet. But you make the album sound compelling.

Point very well taken. For the record, I wasn't trying to dis Nuclear Ramjet. But you make the album sound compelling.

510408[/snapback]

I didn't think you were trying to diss'em :)

I think one needs to really listen to this album entirely in order to appreciate it. 3-4 minute low quality samples simply don't do it justice because the production is very detailed and it becomes transparent when you liten to it louder on a nice system, besides tracks continue to subtly evolve so you need to hear it entirely. I thought it was very cool to discover new elements and semi hidden samples while listnening to it for the third or fourth time, and I had no idea that stuff was there before :) It's one of those CD's you keep discovering over time.

It's probably more likely to appeal to those who don't pigeonhole themselves to one sub-genre of electronic music. Mission To Sedna CD combines the smoothnes of progressive, punch of Techno and dreamy textures of Trance in one delicious package.

I've never really been a huge fan of Nuclear Ramjet before although they made a few nice tracks here and there...They surely got my attention now after releasing Mission to Sedna CD :)

Nuclear Ramjet are great, they're not generic psytrance, but their music is certainly very psychedelic, deep and moving, and the production is excellent. If you're feed up with the overpolished and emotionless progressive trance then Nuclear Ramjet might be what you're looking for.

Some of you might be familiar with one of their other projects: Aeon. Back in 1996 they released a great and sadly overlooked album called Transe Modularie on german label Ninetysix Sounds. If you're a goa junkie, it's a must have album. The new Nuclear Ramjet album actually includes a new version of their classic track Osho.

Canadian record labels:

Boshke Beats / Cold Groove / Jester

Canadian artists of note:

Nuclear Ramjet / Axiomata / Metalogic

Going back a bit we could dredge up Data Entry, PTK, ISMS, etc...

Actually the thing to keep in mind is that almost all of these projects hail from Eastern Canada... if we look to B.C. we find Interchill, Adham Shaikh, etc. That's definatly the "West Coast flavour"... but it's rather techy here in the East.

folding time is simply amazing

the best trance track i have heard in a long long time

there are some other very good pieces on the album, and some not so good pieces

but just foldingtime alone is more than worth the money

a couple of nights ago, i sat mesmerized listening to foldingtime maybe 15 or so times n a row, just kept getting better and better

dont remember myself doing that with anything since led zeppelin iv