• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antic

never ever post again, you are at your GOA post state -_-

509714[/snapback]

I must be stupid or something, because I don't understand this either :huh::o

wear and tear aside i preffer a good digi pack like is the case with the kill fuckin bill compi. Double sided carton, looks neat. the albedo cd from ultimae is another example they're all really gorgeous packages from ultimae... cd cases are starting to look too... 1990's for me :P in the end i don't really care, i don't keep the box for longer than year before i chuck it in a cd slip-mat...thing...

wear and tear aside i preffer a good digi pack like is the case with the kill fuckin bill compi. Double sided carton, looks neat.  the albedo cd from ultimae is another example they're all really gorgeous packages from ultimae...

509719[/snapback]

Yeah, the Solar Fields case is fantastic. I also liked the Global Psychedelic Trance comps double digipaks.

Are there any other labels that tend to release great packaging other than Ultimae?

Yes, I know the music is the important part, but great packaging is a fun bonus too.

Guest antic

you had 604 posts, 604... 604...

see?

509724[/snapback]

antic is SO not leet enuff!

509726[/snapback]

Damn I'm ashamed I haven't noticed it! I'd bake some cake or something for the occasion :D

Damn I'm ashamed I haven't noticed it! I'd bake some cake or something for the occasion :D

509757[/snapback]

well, the next one worth the cake is 1337, dont miss it, i missed that one, but prio alea captured that moment :

B)

edit : i found better pic :

Posted Image

Guest antic

well, the next one worth the cake is 1337, dont miss it, i missed that one, but prio alea captured that moment :

B)

edit : i found better pic :

Posted Image

509760[/snapback]

well, you forgot about 666, but that's for Skazi fans :o:lol:

They are, but jewel cases are more functional.

509884[/snapback]

yup. i like the way digi packs look, they also take less space, yet jewel cases are indeed more functional and reliable-long lasting and keeping inlays safe

Downsides of jewel cases:

1. You need two hands to use them, or one hand awkwardly.

2. They break more often than they should. It's either the hinges, or the tabs that hold the insert, or that star-like thing the CD sits in, or the entire front side. (Yeah, jewel cases can be replaced, but I've never seen replacement parts for Digipaks - I wonder why.)

3. It's sometimes hard as hell to get the goddamn insert out.

4. And sometimes when the insert is just a card it slides in and out and gets all bent out of shape.

5. Sometimes when you put the insert back in you miss a tab, and the tab ends up leaving an indentation on your insert.

6. The front and back get scuffed to hell over time.

7. They're just advanced cassette cases, and I think we should move on. It's not 1990 anymore.

8. And perhaps the worst thing of all is that they stick that impossible tape across the top of new jewel cases that you'd sometimes rather kill yourself than continue to pick at with your thumbnail only to get a tiny sliver of tape off.

Upsides of jewel cases:

1. Sometimes they don't break.

2. They fit in CD racks designed for jewel cases.

Downsides of jewel cases:

1. You need two hands to use them, or one hand awkwardly.

2. They break more often than they should. It's either the hinges, or the tabs that hold the insert, or that star-like thing the CD sits in, or the entire front side. (Yeah, jewel cases can be replaced, but I've never seen replacement parts for Digipaks - I wonder why.)

3. It's sometimes hard as hell to get the goddamn insert out.

4. And sometimes when the insert is just a card it slides in and out and gets all bent out of shape.

5. Sometimes when you put the insert back in you miss a tab, and the tab ends up leaving an indentation on your insert.

6. The front and back get scuffed to hell over time.

7. They're just advanced cassette cases, and I think we should move on. It's not 1990 anymore.

8. And perhaps the worst thing of all is that they stick that impossible tape across the top of new jewel cases that you'd sometimes rather kill yourself than continue to pick at with your thumbnail only to get a tiny sliver of tape off.

509937[/snapback]

oh cmon posford man! :lol:

1. maybe you shouldn't listen to music at all if you're in such hurry that you can't use both hands?

2. like you said yourself conserning digipacks (or I apologise if it wasn't you): If you keep good care of the item, it won't break.

3-5. yeah true =/

6. so digipack won't? It's all about how you care take of the item (again). :)

7. :D people are conservatives!

8. this is what caught my attention! the lamest excuse of a bad player; blame the equipment. the tape opens from the narrow side, there where the supporting pillar is. :)