Digipak or Jewel Case?

faze

Just received a small order from Saikosounds today, and all 3 were Digipak.

The Solar Fields - Leaving Home packaging in particular is absolutely gorgeous!

Which do you prefer?

Edit: I found a similar topic from 3+ years ago. I hope I don't annoy people with a repeat 3 years later. Sorry

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you call those cds that spiritzone released - digipack?

well, i prefer jewel over digi since after some time it gets damaged etc  :unsure:

509122[/snapback]

Yeah, the Global Psychedelic Trance 2CD sets were Digi I belive.

absolutely jewel cases!

they last longer in use (often you can see wearing in digipaks after a while) and they also look more... masculine :)

you can also change jewel case if it gets broken. not a chance doing that with digipaks..

Love Digipaks. It's like having a good ol' record sleeve again, only smaller.

509166[/snapback]

That's a very nice way of seeing digipacks. Never thought of it that way.

I don't know what I prefere to be hones. I like both but jewelcases fit better in my shelves, so I guess I'll vote for them.

Guest antic

I like the look of Digipacks but I prefer jewel cases because you can replace them, if your digipack gets broken and generally messed up, that's it....

509155[/snapback]

Jewel cases for me, they're replaceable and sit comfortably in my lovely mahogany CD rack. I do like the look and feel of digipacks though.

509188[/snapback]

Digipaks look nice, but I can't lend them to my friends or take them with me because after that they look really worn out, so jewel case it is :)

509267[/snapback]

100% agree - digipacks look cool, but they wear much quicker (even if you're extra careful with them) and are non-replaceable :)

Love them both, but like every1 has said digipaks do get warn out after a while, if you dont look at after them or you use them all the time, personaly when I get a new CD, I put them into my Case logic, so all my jewel Cases and digipaks are in storage and never get touched

What the hell are you all doing to your digipaks to wreck 'em? Even my first digipaks are still in great shape, with that wear that gives them character. It's not like you have to present them to your mother for inspection.

What the hell are you all doing to your digipaks to wreck 'em? Even my first digipaks are still in great shape, with that wear that gives them character. It's not like you have to present them to your mother for inspection.

509358[/snapback]

I do, she's very strict is my mother.

I like 'em both - Ultimae is a great example of beautiful music in a gorgeous digipack... Though I prefer jewel cases over digipacks as digipacks tend to get damaged easily, and you can replace jewel cases.

Wow, Jewel cases kicking ass right now. :D

Digipak just feels/looks special to me. They can do much more creative stuff with the covers when using digipak. Almost feels like vinyl again, like the poster way above pointed out (good call on that).

Easy, if you have a digipack that you play a lot, and I mean a lot, then all that opening and closing slowly but surely causes the cardboard to weaken and eventually tear. It's simple physics really.

Do you wear special gloves when removing the disc like museum workers do when handling antiquities?

I'm pretty careful with all my CD's yet many of the digipaks are falling to pieces.