Vocals/Lyrics BAD

faze

"violet vision - fresh ground" is a great example too!

510852[/snapback]

Violet Vision's first CD was absolutly amazing. I can't say the same about the second CD. "Your Voice" was the only song that was decent on that album.

Guest The Journey Man Project

Vocals rock when done properly

Michele Adamson is just awesome,very nice and (hehe) sexy... but most of the others suck... X-Dream did some nice but slightly over the top sci fi style on their last album... a bit to early sci fi for my taste ehehe... samples can be done really well, but IMHO 98% of the time sampling ruins a tracks... especially with sounds of tortue and screaming in dark psy... it's such a bad joke and often ruins what would be and ok to good track...

Depends.

In general I rather dislike vocals (SUNG vocals, vocal samples are mostly very cool). But there are exceptions. For example the vocals in Banco De Gaia - Obsidian ... I love them ... in fact that song is nothing without vocals! And arabian vocals I generally like very much :)

But in many cases vocals (sung vocals) are rather an element that reminds me of cheesy commercial stuff and that's not good.

No dude, it was something else... not sure of the title - but I didn't bother trying to find it out.

http://www.dailymotion.com/ASHER/video/58810

512521[/snapback]

OH MY GOD!

That was from the converting vegetarians album CD2. I didn't think it sounded that bad on the album but that guy should not be allowed to open his mouth in public if that rectal garbage pours out! He shouldn't even be allowed to sing in the shower.

I'll have my psy without lyrics floating around. I mean in the samples and such, if they have something interesting to say, thats fine. But other than that it generally seems pretty cheesy to me. Language puts borders and limits, I dont like that. Theres of course exceptions and some nice distorted vocals out there but yeah, just a couple.

I don't mind lyrics. There are nice ones and very bad ones, as with nearly everything in music... It's all about personal taste.

I agree with The Journeyman Project, I really like Michelle Adams' voice. Fits perfect in the songs I've heard so far.