"old" ambient

crazyboris

I'm totally addicted to Indigo Egg's Ixland. It has those kewl aaaahhhh voices in it and it doesn't sound 'electronic' at all, rather warm and 'analogue' (I'm not trying to start a digital synths vs analogue synths thread ;)) which makes the whole track sound 'full and thick'. I'd really like to hear some other similar ambient but I don't know where to start. Maybe that some of you can help me out? Oh yes, I already know TIP's Mystical Experiences :)

Thanks in advance.

Guest Astro Cortex

I'm not familiar with Indigo Egg, but for some stunning oldschool ambient, you should check:

The Orb

Pete Namlook & Co

Aphex Twin (ambient works)

Atom Heart (ambient works)

Global Communication

Deep Space Network

The Higher Intelligence Agency

Spacetime Continuum

Tetsu Inoue

Instinct Ambient series

Warp Artificial Intelligence series

Delerium/Synaesthesia

Delysid (DLS)

Children of the Bong

Knights of the Occasional Table

Planet Dog compilations (Feed Your Head etc.)

for starters.... ;)

Guest Astro Cortex

Yes, I know it's Ishq, but.....duh!, now that you mention it I remember I have a track called Sea of Tranquility by Alien Mutation vs Indigo Egg, so it's not that unknown to me after all, hehe :rolleyes:

EDIT: just checked discogs and learned that it's even on the same album as the track you mentioned ;)

FSOL

THE ORB

DELERIUM

SYNAESTHESIA

BIOSPHERE

PLASTIKMAN

BANCO DE GAIA

PETE NAMLOOK

TETSU INNOUE

SUSUMU YOKOTA

KLAUS SCHULZE

BILL LASWELL

ROBERT RICH

BRIAN LUSTMORD

• 3 months later...

sorry, I'm not allowed to post mp3's :(

569798[/snapback]

haha, poor you :lol:

its not mp3 that you are not allowed to post here, its illegal music sharing what is forbiden here! samples are allowed as long as you are not violating that rule, check "lost tracks" forum for example, no thread has been locked because of it :)! prove that your acid thread was about legal downloads and not for illegal music sharing and it will be opened again ;)!

read this short "discussion" -

NOW WHAT THE F*** IS THIS?!

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39336

id like to see some explanations since in cb's text i see no text about illegal mp3 sharing, only that he is looking for some tracks, could it be that he was talking about legal downloads or?

569159[/snapback]

Hmmm I think this was a free album over the net. I found some tracks still available after googling :)

569303[/snapback]

nice, but topic was locked tho :D

569306[/snapback]

then if it turns out to be totally legal to download, it should be unlocked :D

569308[/snapback]

exactly my point, i tried to search those two projects at discogs and find those tracks - but only one of projects was on discogs, but none of the tracks. here we see very bad moderation, it was closed just because someone was looking for certain mp3 over the www, not even p2p :rolleyes:

and what the hell is this - "no MP3 sharing" - well then go and close music making&music promotion forums then ;)  no illegal mp3 sharing, that i would understand :lol:

anyway, that sucks bigtime and its obvious that topic was locked with no reason IMO.

anyway, it doesnt looks like crazyboris is looking for some pirate/illegal stuff, at least it seems so to me :D

569315[/snapback]

As I said, after googling it, it looks like legal stuff, but I can not be sure :D

569325[/snapback]

bla bla bla

protest protest protest

i didn't DELETE that thread because the guy was asking for info. so people can still PM him or use email or something.

as far as i am concerned, i saw no proof that that rapidshare link led to a legal download. prove me that it's legal.

subject closed.

569338[/snapback]

prove that its ILLEGAL and then subject will be closed ;)

569385[/snapback]

Between us two, for now i'm the moderator here. So my judgement will do fine for the time being.

569827[/snapback]

so there you have your chance to prove that it wasnt illegal :D

@ reger: :)

Well, I can't proove it's illegal. I know I downloaded it from a netlabel or something like that but I can say whatever I want to say right? I understand why moni locked the topic. I'll just have to do some research :)

edit: there was a thread opened about the closure of the other thread? :blink:

@ reger: :)

Well, I can't proove it's illegal. I know I downloaded it from a netlabel or something like that but I can say whatever I want to say right? I understand why moni locked the topic. I'll just have to do some research :)

edit: there was a thread opened about the closure of the other thread?  :blink:

569974[/snapback]

no, those are quotes that i took from "what are you doing right now?" thread in offtopic [thats a forum where we discuss various things that are not neccesary related to psy :P]

oh well, your info should be enough to open that topic tho.

It's all been said here... I'll recommend some albums..

Stevie Be Zet - Archaic Modulation (1993)

Robert Rich - A Troubled Resting Place (1996)

Robert Rich & Alio Die - Fissures {1997}

Vidna Obmana - The River Of Appearance (1996)

Vidna Obmana - Shadowing In Sorrow (1992)

Steve Roach - Kiva {1995}

many have been mentioned before but heres' my favs from the old ones

tangerine dream - zeit

tangerine dream - atem

tangerine dream - phaedra

klaus schulze - irrllicht

klaus schulze - cyborg

klaus schulze - mirage

klaus schulze - body love