Penta Help!

Guest The Journey Man Project

Penta is doing an outdoor gig in my town in Japan in may... now theproblem is I don't finish work until 9pm that night and have to work again at 1:20pm the next day... so before I commit myself to spending a day at work feeling like absolute crap I want to know if you think it is really worth it? I kow very little about Penta muic wise, even ore so live act wise... I guess it'll be a good run for the Nabie t-shirt I'm buying later this week hehe.... so any info or lif you have seen Penta live at all and can inform me on it would be much-o appreciated...

Cheers,

TjM ;)

Edited by The Journey Man

Penta is doing an outdoor gig in my town in Japan in may... now theproblem is I don't finish work until 9pm that night and have to work again at 1:20pm the next day... so before I commit myself to spending a day at work feeling like absolute crap I want to know if you think it is really worth it?  I kow very little about Penta muic wise, even ore so live act wise... I guess it'll be a good run for the Nabie t-shirt I'm buying later this week hehe....  so any info or lif you have seen Penta live at all and can inform me on it would be much-o appreciated...

Cheers,

TjM ;)

506888[/snapback]

I've seen Penta play a live and/or dj set 3 times in the past 3 or 4 years and I can say for sure that it is well worth it. Every time I have seen him play, his sets have been amazing...and the live set I saw last August...wowww...

If you enjoyed his last album, you will for sure not want to miss him in japan...especially since the party is outdoors...

I'm sure there are others on here who will vouch for this being a not-to-miss show...ahem...

Penta is a must-see in your case friend. There's a lot more to gain by seeing him perform than feeling tired for one day at your job.

p.s. Haven't seen him perform but have listened to pretty much of his work. His music is not Nabi style, a lot milder but intence psychedelic night-time music nevertheless.

p.s.1 Living in Corfu at the moment I envy you :) .

Penta is doing an outdoor gig in my town in Japan in may... now theproblem is I don't finish work until 9pm that night and have to work again at 1:20pm the next day... so before I commit myself to spending a day at work feeling like absolute crap I want to know if you think it is really worth it?  I kow very little about Penta muic wise, even ore so live act wise... I guess it'll be a good run for the Nabie t-shirt I'm buying later this week hehe....  so any info or lif you have seen Penta live at all and can inform me on it would be much-o appreciated...

Cheers,

TjM ;)

506888[/snapback]

If u like more agresive sounds, i think it worth it

If it isn't until my I think you should be able to find someone to swap off with for the next day. Even if not, its a good way to make contacts for other future parties later in the summer and all so I'd probably go. Not sure how far it is from the location back to your place, but I've done a number of all nighters followed by a 1:20 and I find if I can get about four hours of sleep or so its usually no problem. BTW, I'll be playing down in Kagoshima on July 1st too... :P

yep am there for sure, so not Nabi style? Hmmm will still be awesome... and for sure at your gig on July 1st ;)

In Japan, I've taken the 1st train home (5am) and got to work at noon no problem. Is your job easy enough to do it tired and fucked? I know mine is :)

If it's not Genki drinks are your friend :rolleyes:

haha for sure am there and will do a review with foto's and all... yeah my job is not that difficult... so should be ok... am so excited the only thing that could stop me is death itself!

• 3 weeks later...

haha for sure am there and will do a review with foto's and all... yeah my job is not that difficult... so should be ok... am so excited the only thing that could stop me is death itself!

507432[/snapback]

Sooooooo how was it??? what did you think???? Did you end up going???

I'm seeing penta in a little more than a months time... :) :) :) :)

Well things have been completely fucked up and due to 2 of my coworkers quitting wit no warning at the same time, I have to work until 9pm the night of the party, and be at work now at 10am the next morning... having had both my shift swaps cancelled grrrrr!!! So this party is now a no go for me...

Oh man, this sucks bigtime! :( But I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to go to another interesting party during your stay in Japan.

Well things have been completely fucked up and due to 2 of my coworkers quitting wit no warning at the same time, I have to work until 9pm the night of the party, and be at work now at 10am the next morning... having had both my shift swaps cancelled grrrrr!!!  So this party is now a no go for me...

518893[/snapback]

Go on! 10am isn't that bad. I've done 9am shifts on no sleep at all and it still just ticks by (slowly) but if you think the party is worth it, I'm sure you can zombie it through the day.

Genki Drinks - They give you amazing bursts of energy, have enough of these and you'll be golden mate!

Well things have been completely fucked up and due to 2 of my coworkers quitting wit no warning at the same time, I have to work until 9pm the night of the party, and be at work now at 10am the next morning... having had both my shift swaps cancelled grrrrr!!!  So this party is now a no go for me...

518893[/snapback]

You big pussy. :P

Go on! 10am isn't that bad. I've done 9am shifts on no sleep at all and it still just ticks by (slowly) but if you think the party is worth it, I'm sure you can zombie it through the day.

Genki Drinks - They give you amazing bursts of energy, have enough of these and you'll be golden mate!

519093[/snapback]

Absolutely.

10am is not a real problem. Two Espresso and you're up.

I did that as I went to see Magnetrixx & Morganixx on a Sunday night. Monday I had school at 8:45 ... well, I came there at ten (come on, I don't wanna get up at half past seven, I was so deaf anyway that I didn't hear the alarm). Just the time you have to be there too. No problem at all.

I guess if I were you I'd have gone there and on the next day I'd have showed all my colleagues the finger ... like "ha, ha, I was there and you not, you boring wet sandbag" :D

you have to like fast and aggressive sounds.. like, 155bpm or smt haha

I dont like it, so I really really reaaaaaaally disliked the few mins I heard once... but some ppl love him, so.....

you have to like fast and aggressive sounds.. like, 155bpm or smt haha

I dont like it, so I really really reaaaaaaally disliked the few mins I heard once...  but some ppl love him, so.....

520021[/snapback]

awwwww penta is more like 145....now cosmo on the other hand....