Derango :)

Guest goa-head

There's no "climax", so-to-speak, a point where everything "unfolds".

514220[/snapback]

that is also what i like in that kind of music - its constantly changing and being without so called tipical climax it allows you to travel with it, just go on etc :)

not that other music doesnt do it simply that derango takes it little bit different way, at first you might find it boring but give it some few listens and perhaps youll like it and "dig" it :)

im not talking about you fosku, im talking in general :).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I'm not saying there is no patterns in Derango's music. It just sounds somewhat random IMO. Could be like Daze said, it's constantly changing, but there's something I just don't like about it.

And the sounds he is using, I find them irritating in some ways. The sounds themselves are not new or fresh, IMO again.

And what makes it boring for me is that it's changing, evolving, but with no purpose or direction. There's no "climax", so-to-speak, a point where everything "unfolds". If there is no such thing, then it's somewhat pointless. Let's compare his music with something that came to my mind when thinking about climaxes. Planet BEN's Ant Invasion and even more Trippy Future Garden. The first one is extremely psychedelic, years ahead of it's time. It's constantly evolving towards the insane climax where the distorted melody comes in. Same goes with Trippy Future Garden. Over 15 minutes it builds itself towards the sonic psychedelic mayhem, still not getting boring at any point.

Well I really can't make myself clear... I just want to say that Derango is somewhat pointless, in my opinion

But still I haven't listened all of his tracks so I can't say for sure. Maybe after a few listens my opinions change. Maybe.

514220[/snapback]

Yes, I understood it's your opinion and I respect that :) It changes without a clear direction, but that is something that I actually enjoy in this type of music, I have to listen to the tracks several times before I get hang of it. It's the element of surpirise :D

The sounds they use might not be new, but they use them in a totally new way, you can always spot their tracks from miles away ;)

edit: And the thing I love the most is the atmosphere they create, it's just so....foresty B)

edit: And the thing I love the most is the atmosphere they create, it's just so....foresty B)

514253[/snapback]

:D

I agree dude!

It just very comlpex music no doubt about it, and for me it sounds like a lot of hours spend infront of the computers making it!!! It's almost crazy how many layers they can put in their deliciously forested cake :rolleyes:

;)

514253[/snapback]

I quite like the sound of that. Might have to get myself a Derango CD and see what it's all about.

Tumult was the first darkpsy/fullon album that I liked. They execute the stuff of the genres well and they have enough layers in their tracks to keep me interested. It'll probably be the only album of those genres I'll ever buy. That type of music is too quirky to form any large part of my daily musical diet anyway.

At first I'm not saying there is no patterns in Derango's music. It just sounds somewhat random IMO. Could be like Daze said, it's constantly changing, but there's something I just don't like about it.

And the sounds he is using, I find them irritating in some ways. The sounds themselves are not new or fresh, IMO again.

And what makes it boring for me is that it's changing, evolving, but with no purpose or direction. There's no "climax", so-to-speak, a point where everything "unfolds". If there is no such thing, then it's somewhat pointless. Let's compare his music with something that came to my mind when thinking about climaxes. Planet BEN's Ant Invasion and even more Trippy Future Garden. The first one is extremely psychedelic, years ahead of it's time. It's constantly evolving towards the insane climax where the distorted melody comes in. Same goes with Trippy Future Garden. Over 15 minutes it builds itself towards the sonic psychedelic mayhem, still not getting boring at any point.

Well I really can't make myself clear... I just want to say that Derango is somewhat pointless, in my opinion

But still I haven't listened all of his tracks so I can't say for sure. Maybe after a few listens my opinions change. Maybe.

514220[/snapback]

that's perhaps because derango does not built towards a climatic moment in the traditional sence of track structuring like it has turned oh so prevalent. Intro-climax-outro... derango is about a trip in every track and you can get lost for 8 or the 9 minutes they competly forgeting strucutre and hanging out for the ride.

you can find some very clear climaxes in several tracks like Boomorgon. As for the samples and effects, i beg to differ their stuff is pretty damn fresh i could even cite examples of artists who have started copying different sounds and specific samples... but i don't think we need to go that far. my point is, it's a different kind of psychedelic, if you are expecting or even comparing them to classic planet ben, well is clear you are not going to get it. as thinking outside the box is required :)

that's perhaps because derango does not built towards a climatic moment in the traditional sence of track structuring like it has turned oh so prevalent. Intro-climax-outro... derango is about a trip in every track and you can get lost for 8 or the 9 minutes they competly forgeting strucutre and hanging out for the ride.

you can find some very clear climaxes in several tracks like Boomorgon. As for the samples and effects, i beg to differ their stuff is pretty damn fresh i could even cite examples of artists who have started copying different sounds and specific samples... but i don't think we need to go that far. my point is, it's a different kind of psychedelic, if you are expecting or even comparing them to classic planet ben, well is clear you are not going to get it. as thinking outside the box is required :)

517795[/snapback]

very well said :)

517795[/snapback]

Boomorgon was one track that I liked...

As for the Planet Ben, it was a bad example (and I'm not comparing them as such) but it was the first one that came to my mind.

About climaxes, they are not necessary because I like jazz, psychedelic rock and other improvised music that just wander around without climax. But I just somehow don't like Derango. May be that I haven't listened to it enough...

I digged Derango for a while... But after listening for a while I'd say I really only like 2 tracks from them + one Puro track. Although there are really nice moments in some other tracks, there is just too much random noise shit all over for me.

Boomorgon was one track that I liked...

As for the Planet Ben, it was a bad example (and I'm not comparing them as such) but it was the first one that came to my mind.

About climaxes, they are not necessary because I like jazz, psychedelic rock and other improvised music that just wander around without climax. But I just somehow don't like Derango. May be that I haven't listened to it enough...

518086[/snapback]

well is about taste, you either like or you don't :D

Random noise

505218[/snapback]

agree!

Derango is so random that i cant even dance to their music. I think he says its about sounds from the jungle. My guess is that its all hallucinations from a strange mind. Lacks groove and inspiration for me.

agree!

Derango is so random that i cant even dance to their music. I think he says its about sounds from the jungle. My guess is that its all hallucinations from a strange mind. Lacks groove and inspiration for me.

518257[/snapback]

TSK TSK TSK

agree!

518257[/snapback]

Try to focus on the music and find the structure, if you put Derango playing on the background you will never understand it ;) Or perhaps it's not just your kind of music?

agree!

518257[/snapback]

AH AH AH

Try to focus on the music and find the structure, if you put Derango playing on the background you will never understand it ;) Or perhaps it's not just your kind of music?

518544[/snapback]

perhaps yes, it isnt

just listen to the poisonous square or stfu!

;)

518391[/snapback]

I took that comment quite literally and listent to the song. I thought it was awful! Now, I don't want to go bashing an artist after hearing just one track, but this definately isn't my kind of thing. This topic made me curious, because I thought I would like dark and twisted stuff, but this sounds more like agressive to me. Well, like I said, it just isn't my thing. I'm more into the funky stuff.