Derango :)

Guest goa-head

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is mr goa-head suddenly unregistered?

goa-head was cinos

513642[/snapback]

haha really? what a sneaky way... praising derango haha.. nice action

I don't understand what's so good about Derango. Its psychedelic, and indeed good party music but it's just unlistenable at home. Like all forest-trance or suomi-trance.

And I find nothing new in it. Nothing that Hux Flux hasn't done before.

But this opinion is only based on what I've heard, and I've not heard all of his tracks...

Actually I find it quite boring. Just those meaningless random splish-splash-squeek-scratch noises.

Well, some IDM I listen to is quite random but still I find more structure and what's more important more meaning in those sounds...

Yeah I totally don't see how Derango is random :o

As a result of their music constantly changing their tracks often feel pretty unstructured at first listens... but there are always clear patterns playing, and most songs even have pure melodic moments!

At first I'm not saying there is no patterns in Derango's music. It just sounds somewhat random IMO. Could be like Daze said, it's constantly changing, but there's something I just don't like about it.

And the sounds he is using, I find them irritating in some ways. The sounds themselves are not new or fresh, IMO again.

And what makes it boring for me is that it's changing, evolving, but with no purpose or direction. There's no "climax", so-to-speak, a point where everything "unfolds". If there is no such thing, then it's somewhat pointless. Let's compare his music with something that came to my mind when thinking about climaxes. Planet BEN's Ant Invasion and even more Trippy Future Garden. The first one is extremely psychedelic, years ahead of it's time. It's constantly evolving towards the insane climax where the distorted melody comes in. Same goes with Trippy Future Garden. Over 15 minutes it builds itself towards the sonic psychedelic mayhem, still not getting boring at any point.

Well I really can't make myself clear... I just want to say that Derango is somewhat pointless, in my opinion

But still I haven't listened all of his tracks so I can't say for sure. Maybe after a few listens my opinions change. Maybe.