The "Good Full-On" Thread

Riton

Hey people,

I was mixing last night for my friends and i realized that in comparison to all the dark, proggy and oldschool stuff, i have comparatively much less fullon in my CD case.

So I decided to make this thread so you guys can post examples of what you think is good full on, or rather the kind of full on that you guys would use to mix, and not the regular ultracrap israclubby fullon please.

Ill start, i loved using "Slum - Make rainbow in your slum" last night mixing for my friends... but then i was stuck with something like Space Cat (which i think is in the top 10% of israfullon)...

Post awaaaaaay!

Dav

Well, "good" full-on is depending on your taste, but some stuff I really like:

Space Cat latest album

Sub 6 album

Burn In Noise - Broken MP3

Ion - Ionized

Electro Sun - Pure Blue

last Electric Universe album

Talamasca - Zodiac Sign

Mh there are tons more but I don't know if you will appreciate them...

I forgot:

Lamat - Master Control

the Psycomex compilations from AP records.

Voice Of Cod of course!

Silicon Sound

Protoculture

Jaïa

Sub6

Wrecked Machines (although not his late cheesy hands-in-the-air Spun style)

Pixel

Mr Peculiar

Hydrophonic

Panick

Allaby

Astrix in his "Eye To Eye" days

Check out labels Neurobiotic, Nano, Exposure Productions.

V/A - Mindcontrollers 2 (Mind Control Recors)

V/A - Summer Session (MP Records)

Wizzy Noise - Sabotage Pt 1 (Exposure Productions and Harmonia Records)

Rinkadink - Pirate Signal (Alchemy Records)

V/A - Grey Area (Exposure Productions)

V/A - Unusual Suspects Vol. 2 (Twisted Records)

V/A - Lo Land High Tech (Sonic Dragon Records)

Uni - La Movin (Throb Records)

V/A - The French Connection (Mind Control Recors)

V/A - X-Mode Vol.8 (Tokyo X-Ray)

Aphid Moon - Global Culture (Nano Records)

V/A - Sirius Blasting (Sirius Records)

V/A - Gran Turismo Kicks 4 (Solstice Music)

These are some of the cd's I use when I mix psychedelic/full on for friends. Would file them under psychedelic and not full on for most of the part though.

i think rinkadink is decent full-on.

im not too keen on anything else though.

there's some i enjoy just because it's so god damn wellmixed and mastered, like psycraft - computech album. although it's a bit loud on the high frequencies for my taste, but i know it sounds terrific in well, normal speakers and PA systems... it's just not for my monitors. :) i bet it was cooler before mastering.

i don't know any full-on artist whose every track is consistently good. some have a few good tracks out there - hux flux, logic bomb and artax, rinkadink, hujaboy, some dynamic and bizzare contact, nomad, cosmosis, orion, some eskimo collabs, psysex, random, tikal, error corrective, kybalion, evp, hydraglyph and u-recken (with the exception of those godawful albums).. there are plenty more - and again, i am talking about occasional good tracks and/or albums, not the whole body of work.

I think v/a Assasi-Nations from TIP World is a good indicator of how good the genre CAN be, though it rarely if ever reaches those heights anymore.

a good full-on is a dead full-on... :angry:

j/k :P

i have heard some really good,quality full-on,but i dont know any artists!

i spend my energy trying to find all the goa that i missed!but its getting quite expensive lately... :unsure:

Hey people,

I was mixing last night for my friends and i realized that in comparison to all the dark, proggy and oldschool stuff, i have comparatively much less fullon in my CD case.

So I decided to make this thread so you guys can post examples of what you think is good full on, or rather the kind of full on that you guys would use to mix, and not the regular ultracrap israclubby fullon please.

Ill start, i loved using "Slum - Make rainbow in your slum" last night mixing for my friends... but then i was stuck with something like Space Cat (which i think is in the top 10% of israfullon)...

Post awaaaaaay!

Dav

504596[/snapback]

There isn´t any good fullon outthere, even if everything would be well the fullon rolling bassline would kill any song, so there isn´t any god fullon out there. :P

There isn´t any good fullon outthere, even if everything would be well the fullon rolling bassline would kill any song, so there isn´t any god fullon out there.  :P

506140[/snapback]

How can you make such a blanket statement? Have you listened to all of the stuff people are listing above in this thread?

And you wonder why we never have any good discussions on psytrance here?

E-Jekt

Hujaboy

Broken Toy

Rinkadink

Mr. Peculiar

Hydraglyph

Pitch Hikers

Z-Man

Tranan

Lamat

Logic Bomb

Scorb

504803[/snapback]

You and I seem to have quite a same taste in Psy dude! :D also the S.A Style passions ;) I like most of the acts you've posted there!

E-Jekt made a great full on debut album last year indeed fpr the israeli department.. i'm not very keen on most Israeli full on acts but E-jekt and Xerox & illumination really stand out for me in that crowd! (also Dynamic is nice going at times).

Also would like to add.. Try some Shift/Twisted System/Phyx/Brethren stuff if you're going for harder full on with a more "twisted/freaky" sound!

And VA - Vibrasphere 23.11 & VA - Pump Fiction (2006) had some decent full on tracks on it! ;)

A couple of good ones of recent

Concept-Experimental (sounds a lot like Audialize-very nice production and super slick!) 10/10 every track a winner

Cosmo-Gravity (super psychedelic and fullon and groovy!)

Electropnyse-great acidic noises and a masterpiece!

Lyserg lessons-at last some Kindzaza I can get my head around

Violent reaction-Aciddance wicked comp shame about the volume levels though!

Double rel-cereal killers-straight fullon madness

Amoeba-interceptor good south african

Dessert encounters-Mass abductions nice phat rolling fullon!

Brethern-legend of cane (nice fullon morning )

These are the best ones from about 50 I have bought in the past 3 months