DARKNESS FALLS!

be_psychedelic

yerr nice avatar.........................................some1's been on my profile on the psy-forum :huh:

nice avatar  :P

503749[/snapback]

Indeed nice Avatar..

Well judging by the fact that there are normally at least 2-3 resent Dark Psy topics open at anyone time.. I would say that there are quite a few people here that like it..

I my self LOVE it..

Im hoping to go and see Xerox & Illumination.. They have a few really nice dark Psy tracks..

http://www.antidote909.com/hsbc/details.cf...em_code=ANT0075

People in this Forum can list Dark Psy tracks till the cows come home……

This guy has a nice open mix on his site…

http://adamwiggins.com/

Indeed nice Avatar..

Well judging by the fact that there are normally at least 2-3 resent Dark Psy topics open at anyone time..  I would say that there are quite a few people here that like it..

I my self LOVE it.. 

Im hoping to go and see Xerox & Illumination.. They have a few really nice dark Psy tracks..

503901[/snapback]

I wouldnt say Xerox & Illumination is Dark Psy at all. Thats full on. Dark Psy is stuff like Paranoize, Cosmo, Psykovsky, Highcosmos, etc. "mostly" russian stuff.

I wouldnt say Xerox & Illumination is Dark Psy at all. Thats full on.

I consider several tracks off of their latest album XI to be really dark-flavored full on.

Dark Psy is stuff like Paranoize, Cosmo, Psykovsky, Highcosmos, etc. "mostly" russian stuff.

503909[/snapback]

Strange - for me, none of that stuff is really dark. Twisted & chaotic, yes, but it doesn't inspire any feelings of darkness in me. Heavy, dark melodies are what do the trick for me.

Now Tim Schuldt....that man was the dark master. :)

There is lots of stuff that's completely random but not dark at all (and the other way around)! :) Actually I think most psy that's random is usually quite happy :P

Like V/A - Schizm for example.

ya first time i was confused couz ppl say that there is no dark psy its like some ppl call it

just dark, but now i can say Neuromotor, N3XU5, Naked Tourist, ocelot etc etc

really nice

"mostly" russian stuff.

agreee with you

why is that so and why there is so few ppl lovin it :rolleyes:

nice avatar tongue.gif

tnx pplz :P

check out:

Ghreg On Earth - Sigilweaver

reviews are located here:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29468

i think its korny teen angst music you listen loud in your room to show your parents how cool you are  :lol:

504527[/snapback]

:lol: Damn, Towelie never fails to get a laugh out of me. How can reality be drunk and sober at the same time? :lol:

Guest The Journey Man Project

hmmm dark psy is really nice thought the name doesn't really suit it... maybe night time trance is better... to be honest, alike most releaes in this genre, there is a lot of rubbishy stuff to sort throug to get any goodies, and then of course there is personaly taste... I find some artists awesome because they manage to do an excellent cross over with oher heavy styles such as industrial, dark twisted drum n bass and noise (tho not a huge noise fan)... and some of it brings back memories of some really experimental early goa trance, just pused a lot harder... some of the sampling is what gets to me in this genre, people screaming and talking about demons and stuff is pretty laughable, but it is better than the cheesie Hollywood samples found in full on etc. All in all it is a fun style but only four labls ever really grabbed me, and have most their releases:

Nabi Records

Mistress of Evil Records

Disco Valley Records

Trishula Records

the rest to me sound quiet generic in a lot of ways... and it is quiet good to see some experimental fun still exists, in a scene thatseems to have started taking itself waaaaay to seriously compared to th early days....

i can say Neuromotor, N3XU5, Naked Tourist, ocelot etc etc

really nice

agreee with you

504337[/snapback]

n3xu5 new album "Body Beats" will hopefully be released this June! I for one, can't wait to hear it! :D

His sound will be darker and more Hi-Tech than his last release "Psycho Therapy", which I still play.... a lot!

Ocelot & Naked Tourist...... muahahaha....... wicked!! B)

the delta-scizoeffective

504617[/snapback]

**Drools on keyboard** :P

I love The Delta!

Faack!!! :blink:

Gotta put Scizoeffective on now!

Thanks Maxx!

• 1 month later...

I can afford dark atmosphere, but most dark tracks have no atmosphere, but random noise. (My opinion).

Favourite: Ghreg on Earth.

507221[/snapback]

dig deeper and ye shall find <<<< clicky >>>> that's from v/a - play way.

here's another clicky >>> that's from v/a - Gnothi Seauton

both very atmospheric and melodic in my opinion, are they dark? ehmm... if you want to compare with some things yah, you compare you other, no, but they do make more sense than your average 'random noise' :)

What I'm missing is something new that scratches the Cydonia itch... why is almost all of the darkpsy stuff about torrential noise and wobble-headed bass line games? It just starts to sound like background music from video games - not dark at all.

No worries though... this is why I dusted off King of New York, April Fools, and In Fear of a Red Planet just recently... one gets bored of waiting for thing to grow up a bit.

Ok ok, bitchy post... so in fairness I gotta say Penta rocks my socks and knows how to keep it truly dark and psychedelic.

check futuristic dark psy like Horror Place, Jellyheadz, Quasar, Penta, Polyphonia, etc.

real psychedelic, fun music..

Paranoize and Nexus are pounding and minimal, more industrial than psychedelic, imo.