Reason Question

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting another midi controller keyboard for my setup. What I want to be able to do is play notes on my existing keyboard and record those, but at the same time I want to be able to record from the new keyboard on another channel/instrument. Is this possible in Reason 3?

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting another midi controller keyboard for my setup. What I want to be able to do is play notes on my existing keyboard and record those, but at the same time I want to be able to record from the new keyboard on another channel/instrument. Is this possible in Reason 3?

503666[/snapback]

Do you mean collaborating with someone, like two of you playing at the same time, and recording it? :huh: dont really understand your question?

If you already want to record something, like lay it down in the sequencer, then you can obviously play something else over it, in a different track or the same one?

Maybe i misunderstood your question :rolleyes:

What I mean is:

At the moment, I have one midi controller keyboard. I can record that in Reason, fine.

Now, I want to add ANOTHER midi controller keyboard to my setup. I'm just wondering whether Reason will allow me to do this AND let me record on TWO different tracks at once. Say like I had a piano on one track and a bass guitar on another - I'd want one of my keyboards controlling the piano, and the other controlling the bass guitar. What I wouldn't want would be Reason screwing up and thinking I wanted either the piano OR the bass on BOTH controllers. You see?

Maybe what you could do is record both control surfaces at the same time to the same track (same midi channel, I assume), and when you're done recording you could cut and paste one melody to a new track. I suppose it would help if you set them to different octaves.

I asked at Propellerheads users forum, they said I can do it. It doesn't really matter THAT MUCH because I need a new keyboard controller anyway - but it would just look cool if you could have say 3 or 4 keyboards in front of you and play a different instrument on each (especially with live performance)

I suppose I'll have to buy another one and see what happens :)