Looking at Ambient/Chill Comps, which do you like?

faze

Any preferences on which series for ambient or chill complilations? I don't own any yet.

Floating Point series (Iboga)

Fahrenheit series (Ultimae)

any other good recs?

Thanky,

f

Fahrenheit 3 is perfect IMO, the rest are good, but that's my favourite (aka the only onw i own). Last year Ultimae released, Albedo which is quite good too.

the first mountain high from candyflip was monumental as well.

i haven't heard floating point series, but the chillosophy series (esp #3) from Digital structures is worth acquiring...

check out the ones on LSD (dragonfly), and interchill

503258[/snapback]

im more with you...

preffer interchill and LSD than those ultimae and iboga comps..

(with few tracks as exceptions, but mostly interchill and LSD are better)

Guest The Journey Man Project

if you want world music and dub influence check out www.dakinirecords.com , liquid sound design or interchill

if you want twisted psy dub check out Shulman, Shpongle, Ottm Hallucinogen in dub and Shponlge, Androcell and Bluetech... as well as ajana records.

if you want very floaty synthetic sounds, that sound a bit glitchy and sometime have a beat, but done at a softer floaty level,check out Databloem records (saikosounds) or for pure ambient Ishq or www.v-i-r-t-u-a-l-w-o-r-l-d.com

My favourite chilled compilations are

Butterfly Dawn

Youth in Dub 2 - The secret language of ordinary objects

Liquid dub 7

All on Liquid Sound Design. I'd check out Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker and Abakus - That much closer to the sun, on the same label.

Dissolving Clouds & 13th Moon, on Interchill

The Sky Dancing compilations on Dakini Records.

Quality Relaxation on Chill Tribe records

Natural Born Chillers on Aleph Zero

Oh and Mystery of the Yeti 1 & 2

Are these both compilations? The 1st one seems to have all the artists for each track but the 2nd one has one artist one track, either way both CDs feel like artist albums. Very nice atmospheres.

WOW! Lots of responses.

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. I have a lot of sorting and hunting to do now. :D

Very cool.

I really am so addicted to this now. If I place another order at Psyshop now my wife is going to full out kick me in the balls when she sees the credit card bill. :huh::o

Thanks again,

f

Oh and Mystery of the Yeti 1 & 2

Are these both compilations? The 1st one seems to have all the artists for each track but the 2nd one has one artist one track, either way both CDs feel like artist albums. Very nice atmospheres.

503560[/snapback]

Is this the first part? Seems to be some combo/reissue...

Yeti 1?

f

out of the 2 choices we are given, i prefer folating point hands down

i say get 1 of the fahrenheit series and you've got enough, unless you absolutely love it and think there is variation in it

otherwise, my favourite series is earth octave lounge from interchill

Is this the first part? Seems to be some combo/reissue...

Yeti 1?

f

503582[/snapback]

Yeah! That's it. and you get the infinty project - mystical experiences album with it which is absolutely AMAZING!!!.

That is an incredible buy. Both albums are woth the price alone but to get both. I'd say buy it. If you are buying to much though, I would recommend that over the fahrenheit series and flotation. Both good but I much prefer Yeti and Mystical experiences. :rolleyes:

ALL of FAHRENHEIT series are GREAT ! GET THEM ALL !

I also recommend CHILL OUT series and of course MYSTERY OF THE YETI ( The best of them all ) and INFINITE EXCURSIONS and RETURN TO THE SOURCE, fantastic ambient sides discs...

Yeah, also listen to recommendation for LSD label, very chilled out....

Artists : CARBON BASED LIFEFORMS, SOLAR FILEDS, MAKYO, ISHQ, ASURA, AES DANA, H.U.W.A. NETWORK, TOIRES, ENTHEOGENIC, PHUTUREPRIMITIVE, SHULMAN, SHPONGLE, OTT, CELL, YOUTH and rest of the crowd...;)