Dark Nebula

Drosophila

Yep, I've got it. I gave it a quick listen the other day. I didn't listen to the whole album, though. I found one or two tracks that sounded decent (to my ears). But that's just me, maybe you'll like it. Overall, not quite my cup of tea, unfortunately. ;)

Yep, I've got it. I gave it a quick listen the other day. I didn't listen to the whole album, though. I found one or two tracks that sounded decent (to my ears). But that's just me, maybe you'll like it. Overall, not quite my cup of tea, unfortunately. ;)

501674[/snapback]

out soon on a p2p network near you :rolleyes:

you are the famous MYCEL:P  ;)

501832[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but I actually don't know what MYCEL-organization people are referring to here.

The one I refer to is a piracy-group, whose *activities* I decide not to discuss in public, and of which I'm not a member (although not too un-related). And no, this is not my regular nick. "Seph" is my common nick (without the quotes of course). You may call me that if you like, further on. However, that nick was already in use here, so I had to come up with a new one. Oce again I'm sorry if I created some sort of confusion. ^_^

The one I refer to is a piracy-group, whose *activities* I decide not to discuss in public, and of which I'm not a member (although not too un-related). ^

502056[/snapback]

Ehh ... If you indeed were affiliated with them, I don't think you would have said so on a public forum.

Ehh ... If you indeed were affiliated with them, I don't think you would have said so on a public forum.

502061[/snapback]

Of course I wouldn't, and, as was written, I'm not a member. The "not too un-related"-part does not mean that I'm close to being a member, either. I might have been a bit indistinct. However...that's as far as I go.

Of course I wouldn't, and, as was written, I'm not a member. The "not too un-related"-part does not mean that I'm close to being a member, either. I might have been a bit indistinct. However...that's as far as I go.

502071[/snapback]

OK then mr. Secrets :)

coming back to topic: i bought it recently and have to say it is all in all pretty good. some great tunes, very good basslines and top notch production (artifakt mastering). but there also a bunch of decent tracks with annoying samples destroying a lot.

would recommend it anyway, one of the better releases this year.

I have to say I am totally disappointed. I had high expectations into this album since the awesome track "Melding Plague".. The album isnt bad per se, but I was expecting something fresher from Dark Nebula, this one is rather formulaic full-on. I wouldnt be able to tell that this album is by Dark Nebula... compared to the excellent previous albums, this one is really a disappointment to me. One or two tracks are still pretty solid, "Kraftworld" is my fave track.

I listened to all the saiko sounds samples... 4 minutes per track...

I rather liked it!

The beats have moved a bit more fullon then they used to be though... thats my initial

opinion... I do plan on getting it still though...

• 11 months later...

I like a lot of Dark Nebula's work but I could'nt really get a feel of his new album "Dream Fuel" when I listened to the clips... So I wondered if anybody had heard the full album?

Peace :)

BUY THIS ALBUM! DO IT NOW!

I am of the opinion that this group consistently makes some of the most abhorrent crap ever conceived, Cows In Mongolia being the most recent example of the sheer ugliness of their music. Admittedly it is the choice of samples (as in The Hiss) that really grates on my nerves; the music itself is just whatever.

Heheh... well, this is why I take detailed notes and publish reviews I guess. I had to look back on my site to find out what I thought of it, and don't think I liked it any more than the rest. Cleopatra Cannonball almost had me going but I think that if it's not the sheer stupidity of the samples and presentation it's the adolescent "I'm in ur base killin ur d00dz" sort of feel that nukes any possibility of me really enjoying this stuff...

Dark Nebula has some moments, but never really gripped my brainstem. The vs or join or whatever on Psionic Earth (digital psionics) with Scatterbrain is pretty good. The sample choices in that one were pretty good IMO. Scatterbrain, however... :)