Soulclipse

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great picture Pavel :)

Amazing festival by the way, will post a long review later.

502598[/snapback]

Yeah, please do... I'm very curious... Were your DJ sets cancelled because of the collapsed stage and movement of live acts to the DJ stage? Did you take any pictures? How was the travelling? Who did you meet? What was the biggest dissapointment/biggest thrill? Tell us EVERYTHING! :)

There is so much I want to say, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible...

The organisers had all odds against them. Before the party there where numerous reports about the lineup being a big hoax, and the party certainly got a very rough start. I arrived in Antalya airport Sunday afternoon, and got on one of the many busses to the festival - and here the trouble started. There was a checkpoint where people had to buy tickets, and it was somewhat a mess, which resulted in two of my friends (who bought tickets from others beforehand), had to buy new tickets for 180 euro a piece - I heard others had the same problems.

From the checkpoint we had to get on to the festival in some old open trucks provided by the locals, and it was quite a ride on wet, slippery gravel roads, and we had to stop a few times because the roads where blocked because of the rain. But we got there anyways, and set up our tents in the dark.

The first day of the festival started promising - in the daylight we could see that the location was absolutely amazing, and the weather was warm and sunny up till in the middle of the afternoon where we experienced the infamous thunderstorm. It started a few minutes before the opening-ceremony, the entire site got flooded and the main-stage collapsed - I guess you've all seen the pictures. A few hours later the alternative stage started though - I don't know who played, but everyone had huge smiles on their faces and went completely mad in the mud - a marvellous sight.

After that the festival went great, with warm weather and only a little bit of rain, and continued to get better and better. All 3 soundsystems where very powerful, and the lineup was insanely good, so I missed a lot of good acts, but heard great music by acts like Beckers, FREq, Ticon, Atmos, Protoculture (cool move with the special Soulclipse intro), Andromeda, Liquid Soul (even though Andromeda and Liquid Soul would have been better in the morning or daytime) and of course Hallucinogen - even though we where sitting in the mountains to witness the eclipse, we could hear the music, and especially the roar of the crowd. I don't think I've ever heard such loud bursts of screaming and shouting at a trance-festival ever in my life, as I did during his set. Even though I missed the experience of Hallucinogen on the dancefloor, the spot we found on the mountain was amazing though - at the eclipse we had a clear view over the river and mountains, and it will forever be printed in my mind as one of the best experiences of my life.

In my opinion my last day on the festival was musically the best - I got up pretty early to catch the last part of Deedrah's set, followed by a liveset by Son Kite (which started just as the sun came started to shine over the hills) starting with some dirty minimal Minilogue-sounds, and slowly getting more and more intense. Son Kite was followed by Vibrasphere, Phony Orphants, DJ Emok, Pixel and DJ Nate (Protoculture), and I had a great time on the dancefloor before I had to leave early in the night to catch a flight home.

It was really impressive that they managed to get the main stage back up and running after 3 days, and even though the organisation encountered some huge problems, they worked really hard and where very friendly towards me - especially big thanks to Ozzy and Götzhlich who both helped me out a lot. Despite being short of one stage for half the festival, almost all DJ's and artists got to play - I played my 3 hour chillout set on schedule, and I was supposed to play a 2 hour set at the alternative trance-stage, but ended up playing a 1 hour set for an almost empty dance floor, due to Star Sounds Orchestra opening the main stage at the same time. Oh well, no reason to complain - it was a great honour to play at the festival, and I had a great time anyways :-)

There was definitely bad stuff to be said about the festival - I have already mentioned a few things, and it's already worth mentioning that prices where very expensive, the lineup was for most part a big mess and the toilets where horrible - but all things considered it was an amazing experience, mostly because of the eclipse, the great music, the beautiful location, the international crowd and the very uplifting vibe that surrounded this festival.

Hello to everyone I met in Turkey, and to everyone I would have liked to meet, but where I didn't get the chance: see you in Japan in 2009!

Nice review Profane..! Too bad I didn't meet you...

Anyway, there are a lot to say about this experience. Maybe I will come up with a review later...

Here are some thoughts:

First of all, Turkish people seems to be the most unfriendly people I have met of all people I have met during my travels around the world! I'm sure there are nice people in this country too, but I sure didn't meet any of them...

I really admire the Indigo Kids who managed to organise such a great festival in a country like Turkey. Turkey has the most slow, greedy, unfriendly people I have met in my life, so I have huge respect for the Indigo Kids who managed to pull this off. Indigo Kids are mostly Israeli people, and has nothing to do with the French sect by the way...

I had a great time on the festival, and it was an honour to play at such an event. What ruined some of my time, was:

-I got arrested in Istanbul, because I didn't have cash for visa. They didn't accept cards for christ sake!! It was a real struggle...

-The banks didn't accept my visa card, so I was in Turkey without luggage and money.

-My luggage was lost by the airplane company. These slow bastards didn't give me my luggage before four days had past, even though they had it all the way. Can you imagine how my socks were smelling? I had to pay 150 EUR for taxi to pick it up, at I time would rather be on the dance floor...

Anyway, I managed to get there, and the festival was beutiful. The nature, river, mountains, trees was so beautiful! I met so many nice people there, both artists and trippers on the dancefloor. The sound systems were excellent, the deco was amazing and the music were fantastic, within everything from progressive, chill out, full on and dark stuff. And the best part was offcourse the beautiful eclipse. It was amazing!!!! The hours before, with Total Eclipse live, playing classic old goa trance tracks and the beautiful Hallucinogen live set, was the perfect loading up for the eclipse.

It was a scary, but also fantastic experince.