1. Propaganda rmx

2. Beloochi rmx

3. Wishful sinful

4. Indigo child

5. Compos mentis

6. Erlkoenig

7. Kuklusklan rmx

8. Pump the spam

This album is DA BOMB!!! Just when I thought I heard every dark trance album worth of a listen released in 2005 I stumbled on this one... and it totally took my by surprise!!! Although I should probably mention that I've never heard a single track by Psykovsky before so I can't really compare the remixes on this album with the originals.

The album starts "slowly" with Propaganda Rmx and already you can heard that this album will be quite a stormer... A darkish and mechanical atmosphere is hovering all around you through the track which only only starts to fully unleash its power around minute 10:00...

and then we go on to track no. 2 Beloochi Rmx . Again, it starts a little slowly... for about 40 seconds and then the killer bassline hits you in the face like a bullet train! Along with the sound of a dog barking and some distorted astronaut voices... and then another killer melody around 1:55 and then the track just builds up and up. First time I heard this track my heartbeat rose and I could sit down! Just one more word about the bassline: this is the FASTEST droning bassline I have ever heard in a dark trance track. I don't think it's physically possible to make that droning sound any faster than this. Of course you need a good 200W system at minimum to fully enjoy it :)

then comes Wishful Sinful which starts darkish with some samples from Master Yoda himself The darkside clouds everything... Impossible to see the future is... but then turns into morning trance with a well-known tune (although I forget exactly which one... I think it's the one from the classic russian game Tetris?) The end result is pretty nice and most of all, he manages to use a sample from a well-known tune WITHOUT sounding cheezy :)

And then comes THE best track on this album IMO Indigo Child . First a "calm" bassline making you think that we're on for a stroll in the park... then the bassline becomes louder and louder and then BOOM at 0:40 it just hits you. Then some wierd electronic bleeps come in a little afterwards, makes me think of R2D2 singing lol. Seriously though, the first thing that hit me when I listened to this track is that if Pleidadians made IFO in a period when dark trance was the norm, the tracks would probably have sounded like this. Don't expect to find IFO style melodies or anything, I'm just saying that this track gives me the same "hurricane of sound thats ready to make your roof explode" feeling as IFO. It makes you wanna pull your hair out of your head with your bear hands, that's how intense and crazy this feels. Of course, don't expect much if you don't have a powerful system turned to the max...

Corpus Mentis starts a little dull but again it builds up around 4:50 with an oldschoolish melody... don't expect much oldschool though, but again the way this dude manages buildups is simply insane. And the way the climax sometimes misses a beat (like in 5:35), it just ads to the madness :)

Erlkoeing (WTF is that for a track name??) is one of the weaker tracks here IMO. BUT it has one surprise up its sleeve: around 2:50 I heard what seems to be a little melody in the background... then when I paid more attention I realized it was a sample from a 90s pop song Chris Isaac - Wicked Game (you know, the track that got you all horny when a teen cause the video featured Helena Christiansen half naked ;) ). This must be the most intelligent use of a sample EVER!!! hehe hope he won't get in trouble copyright stuff :)

Then we move into more morning territory with Kuklusklan Rmx again, the buildup starts around 4:30 and pushes up and up, making you go totally insane :)

The album closer Pump the Spam is pretty weak in comparison with the rest here...

Conclusion WOAH man this one's a KILLER!!! 6 out of 8 tracks are total stormers!!! It's been a while since I haven't been so crazy about a release. I've been listening to this one CONSTANTLY (at LEAST 15 times a day) for a week and it just gets better and better!!! AND, unlike most dark trance releases, every track here has it's own identity, it's not just interchangeable stuff, they're all mad tracks, but each is mad in it's own way. Unless I have any more surprises I proclaim this to be THE best dark psy release of 2005 :) 10/10

faves: 1 (!!), 2 (!!!), 3, 4 (!!!), 5 (!!), 7 (!!!)

498553[/snapback]

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

this album is a psychedelic MINDPHUCK!!1

the arrangement derangement of all elements is just totally at another level

neuro trance to the core .. one needs to be of a different bent of mind to appreciate this thats for sure

doesnt get better than this

longlive psykovsky

boom

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is a good dark album with 1 great track- indigo child very psychedelic...but compared to darkpsy- fear this album is average, it lacks consistent melodies and sometimes it gets too confused and lacking rythm

That pim prlim pim pim mixed with that agressive dark ambience on indigo child is perfect, top notch psychedelia :D

lol I was just listening to this track then what do you know, I councidentilly saw you had posted a comment on this thread. AND what do you know again.. I was listening to Indigo Child :D

..cosmic..

I must state that this is the most genius "dark"/core/psychedelic/3D album i've ever heard. It's perfect, it's disturbing, it's beautiful, it's complex (3 dimentional layers on layers on layers on layers)and it's wicked. Amazing album! .. I'm blown away. People who cant like this album and see the intense complexity.. Shame on you. !

10/10 album. This album could have been released in 97, 99, 00 or 06. Doesnt matter. It's pure inteligence. This is what 3d psychedelic music is about.

Dark? No. Psychedelic moods.

Wishful sendt me to a deep meditation trance without drugs. I've never been as close to "god" as I was at that moment. Long strange story. (includes shaking and feeling every cell, volume rising with each breath ect)

Psykovsky :insane:

imo the album is best viewd (with psy in your body) when you play the album from A to Z. It's one hell of an adventure! :D .. mmm.. It's so tasty I just wanna die on my self =)

Are you insane!? Are you insane!? .. ko-ko

:D Gotto love track 5 & 6 :D

I'm so in love with this album. My neighbours most be going crazy. Mind blowing and perfect. Thats what this album is.

:D

=) .. I have been in psilocybin land with this album (not LSD-land), and LSA-land. Track one is HUGE! When the beat gathers at the end in a more "dance" friendly beat, the whole track explodes. Admiration admiration admiration. Some producers just know what "psychedelic" is. Psykovsky is defiantly one of those.

Again, there exist non other album with such psychedelic depth and emotion. There are so many layers of amazement. Still THE best album which is dedicated 100% to a psychedelic experience!!

I'm in bliss each time I listen or think of this album :ya:

Oh all people with eXtremly good hearing.

http://forum.isratrance.com/psykovsky-debut-russian-samples/

Track one - Fungus Funk Metropolis (Robot Empire), (Propoganda Remix) at 10:10 right after the "Acid" sample, there is a voice screaming something. What is the man saying, and could it be in Russian?

Oh, for all the Russian Psykovsky fans out there. If there are other samples hidden inside the tracks in Russian. It would be fun if you could translate it and post it for all of us to see. Let's help each other unveil the darkness of Psykovsky!

On 2006-12-01 05:41, kazuku wrote:

In the comic world, Obelix gained his legendary super human Roman-bashing powers from falling into the cauldron of magic potion.

I was just wondering if Psykovsky gained his super-human Psychedelic madness inducing powers by falling into a cauldron of "magic potion" in a similar manner......

Any info or speculation on this? ;)

:lol:

... Inside his mind, I see a huge universe.- I bet he has a lot more to give when he one day realizes how to put it down on a tracker. We're talking Psykovsky here. psytonesky's personal musical hero. boing boing. oggabogga. *look* HUMmmmmmmm... So special. All my respect and more. ..

psykovsky properly farts acid fumes out of his rare end. :happy:

Just a comment.

I see that several people here "complain" about the overall quality in sound and mastering. I really disagree on this. Sure I'm not a expert on the area. But I can not see your point of view. I think the sound is superb and very strong. The first track is the only track that might seem "muddy". But that’s mainly because of the boom boom beats that comes and goes. It's supposed to sound like this people. This is not about plastic quality. It should be a little dirty and trippy. Everything in this album has a reason. It's intense. It's psychedelic. It's genius. It's trippy and it's magical. .. Point is. There is nothing wrong with the mastering or sound quality. Check your ears :-) .. If Ott or any other engineers comments on this and proves me wrong. Then I guess I'm wrong. But I don’t think so. Thank you PSYkovsky. Thank you for the most trippylishes album in a time where tripper music is a rare thing.

Still: 10/10 .. ko-ko :insane6:

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/82380/forum/1

I can see that you dont understand and like psychedelic music with floor, walls and roof. I know perfectly well what you are talking about and which tracks/parts your referaing to. But no, you are so wrong. There is NOTHING wrong with the mastering, you just dont seem to understand, or like his vision. Do I have to elebarate? Do I have to convince you? =)

as I wrote, it's more about putting a floor, walls and roof to your tripping experience. You wrote that the baseline wasn’t to good ect (some places). But this is just it. It's supposed to be like that. It creates a world with a purpose.

On 2006-05-10 13:15, PsYcH0naUT wrote:

sorry but the bassline and kick being shadowed by the rest is exactly how its supposed to be. its genius, it creates a very strong tryptamine feeling, and if you know which feeling i mean, than you would never ever doubt in the mastering quality and you would KNOW that this is IT

On 2006-05-11 16:27, volvox box 2 wrote:

great sound great feeling lovely release, why do you always wank for baby ass , hairy male assez are essential part of the ass society!

Mental orgasm

On 2006-05-20 02:22, Pavel wrote:

On 2006-05-19 22:24, Demezriel wrote:

On 2006-05-19 20:57, Pavel wrote:

Random noise

You just don't get it :-)

No, i don't.

:lol:

On 2006-09-02 23:24, KINO OKO wrote:

mastering can changes some of things like balance in the track, loudness, brightness etc, adjust ever track to fit on one CD. but you cant make a deep sound if the source is not deep, you can not make it bright if its not bright at the begining enough. otherwise you will receive tragic attempts of good sound only and it will doesnt sound good. it is a specific porduction, thats all. bad or good, you judge yourself.

it's the "hiding/shadowing" of the kick and baseline that I adore!. Taste is taste I guess, but believe me, on a trip, it sounds perfect when you shadow down the kick and baseline a little bit. It creates a very unique atmosphere (floor, walls and roof to your trip) Besides, once again. The kick and baseline is the least important factor while tripping’. Everything else counts. =)

+ The kick and baseline "volume/intensity" is raised where it's needed. – God damn this album is genius. 1, 5 & 6 are my absolute favourites. What I also digg about this album is the Lastus Madrus factors spread all over the album. Psykovsky must have known that people would "bitch" (call it what you want) that he didn't release yet another Lastus Madrus track, so instead, he chopped Lastus Madrus up in pieces, and scattered it around the album in the sweetest way :-) Ah, genius .. Like track 5, listen how the track sums up until it gets “whole”. – and the way he ends the whole album with the famous aaahhooahh sample from Lastus Madrus. - ko-ko

On 2006-09-06 05:21, Nobita wrote:

I agree with psytones, the cd's mastering is great, I really dig how the kickbass is not in the forefront of the mix and is instead buried under various layers of sounds. Sip on some fungus tea, pop this cd in and you might finally understand mr tones when he talks of 'floor, walls and roof' hehe

Beloochi rmx and Compos Mentis never fail to turn my mind into happy goo.

On 2006-09-07 20:17, Dark_Dork wrote:

Ok i havent wrote a word about this album yet, and its time i should.

What can i say. I always loved Psykovsky's sound and ideaz, and its been a pleasure listening to how his sound only got deeper and deeper throughout the yearz. Then - the debut... What can i say.

Truely a beautiful album, hard but deep, scratching but harmonious, and above all, mad mad mad mad mad mad.

Mental music for the brain as well as the feet, although i havent had the chance to dance this album on a decent sound system.

Lots of fresh ideas, awasome compositions and structures, and +1 on the madness amount of how mad psytrance can be. At least.

This i believe will be rememberd long time after its release. I will at least always love to play it.

http://forum.isratrance.com/psykovsky-debut-vertigo/

sorry for the copy/paste spam :rolleyes:

previous 2 pictures are my reviews of the album.

;the small guy in the first pic symbolizes me being totally blown over to the sight of 8 psykovksy giants

:lol: nice save mon :P .. 7 giants and one man.

e. rumours has it that psyflyingcowinthesky is going to release a new album sooner or later :ph34r::wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This album just stays one masterpiece

this is really psychedelic!!

two weeks ago there was a party with Psykovsky, Kindzadza and Osom in Belgium and that just was 6 hours of psychedelic perfect music on a funktion One soundsystem!!!

first psykovsky with uptempo supercrazy tracks, then Osom with their powerful and complex sound and then some kindzadza morning dark, very intelligent :)

This album just stays one masterpiece

this is really psychedelic!!

two weeks ago there was a party with Psykovsky, Kindzadza and Osom in Belgium and that just was 6 hours of psychedelic perfect music on a funktion One soundsystem!!!

first psykovsky with uptempo supercrazy tracks, then Osom with their powerful and complex sound and then some kindzadza morning dark, very intelligent :)

there was an exact same lineup party here too (greece,salonica though, not athens) i bet it was a blast