Shpongle CD signed...guess how much..

visine

but that is surely very illegal?

btw I'm meeting Jim Morrison tomorrow (yeah he never died..) if some1 is interested in signed copy of say "l.a woman" pm me.. 1000€

:)

496997[/snapback]

remind jim for me he still owes me $50 bucks and a can of hair spray

in todays monetary thats about a 1000 so just give me that signed copy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey come on -- if you were posford, having a spliff and a drink and a laugh with a couple of mates, and one of them said, "hey i wonder how much you could make on ebay just selling something you've signed?"

cue LOL, ROFL and perhaps a LMAO

i think this is what it's about.

if i could make £75 out of some daft ebay numnut then i think it's a fairly safe bet that i'd do through with it to see what happened -- he is just having a laugh here, i don't think it's profiteering.

I've never understood the whole autogragh thingy. Just seems silly to me.

496971[/snapback]

i second that

I don´t know if i can believe it´s posford or no, is it a option to check this out?

496988[/snapback]

yeah, sure check this thread on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

i'm currently selling my used boxers on ebay... they are signed with permanent marker... the bid starts in 100 dolleros... only serious offers please...

497083[/snapback]

PM sent

So this thing is for real? Simon Posford was selling a Shpongle CD signed by himself? He was SELLING it?

Excuse moi, but I find that pretty lame, making money of your own "status" if I may say so (he obviously made quite a nice amount of money, the CD itself wouldn't have been worth 20 pounds). Just because he signed the damn thing he made it worth a lot and then he sold it to get money for himself? Is that dude really so desperate to get some money or what?

If I were an artist, no matter how famous, I'd sign everything for free - either everything or I'd not sign anything at all ... come on, making money with my signature if I was an artist would just be a lame move.

I'd not pay any money for any artist sigs ... a sig of an artist is what a fan normally gets for free (from the artist himself), always, I thought that's some kind of unwritten law. That is the spirit, encountering the artist you love and kindly asking him shyly and with a ponding heart to sign something for you! I'd never support artists signing their own stuff and then selling it for much money. That's really not what it is about.

If that really was Simon's own thing and not some hippie kid arsing everybody then he just lost a lot of respect from me.

497148[/snapback]

well, not allways artist is the one who blame ;)

hey come on -- if you were posford, having a spliff and a drink and a laugh with a couple of mates, and one of them said, "hey i wonder how much you could make on ebay just selling something you've signed?"

cue LOL, ROFL and perhaps a LMAO

i think this is what it's about.

if i could make £75 out of some daft ebay numnut then i think it's a fairly safe bet that i'd do through with it to see what happened -- he is just having a laugh here, i don't think it's profiteering.

497231[/snapback]

:lol:

as for my opinion - i dont know whats the reason why buyer paid so much money for that record.

but that is pretty lame wankerish with flavour of wannabee'ism IMO.

unless there is a good reason for that.

It's sad to say but yes, I do think it's the reflection of where Twisted is. It's not as alive as it was. They're not nearly as much *in business* as they were. In fact, it's not really so much what damion says, but the truth is Twisted is on the brink of folding.

I don't know where I found this out from, but it was about 3 months ago I heard something from someone important who *would know*

And for the record, yes, that really was Simon hawking his own wares. It's not his fault someone is LAME ENOUGH TO BUY A SIGNED CD VIA EBAY. He's not the idiot, the buyer's the idiot. I give him credit. I'd do it too if I could pull in 12x more than the CD sells for in the store. No overhead costs, nothing, Just plain cash for me ;> as an artist...or in his case, for a label he wants to save, but probably will not succeed in. The future looks dim for Twisted

Aaron

It's sad to say but yes, I do think it's the reflection of where Twisted is.  It's not as alive as it was.  They're not nearly as much *in business* as they were.  In fact, it's not really so much what damion says, but the truth is Twisted is on the brink of folding.

I don't know where I found this out from, but it was about 3 months ago I heard something from someone important who *would know*

And for the record, yes, that really was Simon hawking his own wares.  It's not his fault someone is LAME ENOUGH TO BUY A SIGNED CD VIA EBAY.  He's not the idiot, the buyer's the idiot.  I give him credit.  I'd do it too if I could pull in 12x more than the CD sells for in the store.  No overhead costs, nothing,  Just plain cash for me ;> as an artist...or in his case, for a label he wants to save, but probably will not succeed in.  The future looks dim for Twisted

Aaron

497282[/snapback]

exactly my thoughts ;)!

When are some of you going to learn that your god is a false prophet? :D

The other day I ordered a CD straight from an artist I admire (Nyles Lannon) and asked him to sign it for me. Now that's one seriously talented mofo. So I felt it would be nice to have his extra personal touch on my copy of the CD.

When are some of you going to learn that your god is a false prophet?  :D

The other day I ordered a CD straight from an artist I admire (Nyles Lannon) and asked him to sign it for me. Now that's one seriously talented mofo. So I felt it would be nice to have his extra personal touch on my copy of the CD.

497550[/snapback]

so youre arrogant elitist :P?

he is just having a laugh here, i don't think it's profiteering.

497231[/snapback]

That in itself is the point.

By having a laugh with that he's arsing his fans. Kinda.

I find it very arrogant and elitist of him to say like "well, if you want a signed copy, then show me what you would pay for it" in this way. The ones who have the money get signed copies ... and those who have nothing don't get anything.

I don't matter if it was out of fun or if he was just experimenting or if he needed the money, I think this was a lame move and he deserves no respect at all for this one.

oh poor guy, he's "100% Positive"... I'd buy it off to support his hospital bills  :(

497078[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

It's sad to say but yes, I do think it's the reflection of where Twisted is.  It's not as alive as it was.  They're not nearly as much *in business* as they were.  In fact, it's not really so much what damion says, but the truth is Twisted is on the brink of folding.

And for the record, yes, that really was Simon hawking his own wares.  It's not his fault someone is LAME ENOUGH TO BUY A SIGNED CD VIA EBAY.  He's not the idiot, the buyer's the idiot.  I give him credit.  I'd do it too if I could pull in 12x more than the CD sells for in the store.  No overhead costs, nothing,  Just plain cash for me ;> as an artist...or in his case, for a label he wants to save, but probably will not succeed in.  The future looks dim for Twisted

Aaron

497282[/snapback]

well well well it can only be aaron to tell it how it is, good on ya mate

hey everyone technomsomy c.d signed by me buy it now for $200

i'm currently selling my used boxers on ebay... they are signed with permanent marker... the bid starts in 100 dolleros... only serious offers please...

497083[/snapback]

heyhey

i have claimed the right years ago to sell my undies! :angry: stay on your own territory!

I don't think many (any?) of you have heard about the net show Pure Pwnage, but here's an auction where they sell the protagonist's hair:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7601131682

just for price comparison.

497740[/snapback]

hehe, some crazy scientists bought it to create a monster who will control the world!

I find it very arrogant and elitist of him to say like "well, if you want a signed copy, then show me what you would pay for it" in this way. The ones who have the money get signed copies ... and those who have nothing don't get anything.

497594[/snapback]

Bullshit. You're totally putting words in his mouth there. He's not saying "well, if you want a signed copy, then show me what you would pay for it". All he's saying there is "if you want to buy a signed copy of the album from my own collection, you can do so here". I bet if you wrote him a nice letter and sent him your own copy of the album he'd sign it no problem. Or if you asked him politely at a party.

You're just looking for a reason to get pissed off with him.

Oh, and Twisted already very nearly folded 18 months ago when they had big problems with their distribution, and at least one of their artists lost a lot of money in unpaid royalties. I don't know how they're doing at the moment though.