Shpongle CD signed...guess how much..

visine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a thought about the singed CD:

everybody can claim to be Simon and sign the CD's themself.

496993[/snapback]

but that is surely very illegal?

btw I'm meeting Jim Morrison tomorrow (yeah he never died..) if some1 is interested in signed copy of say "l.a woman" pm me.. 1000€

:)

I don´t know if i can believe it´s posford or no, is it a option to check this out?

496988[/snapback]

It is his signature.

If you check the For Sale/Trade Section there's a thread about this auction (found here) that pretty much validates the authenticity.

but that is surely very illegal?

btw I'm meeting Jim Morrison tomorrow (yeah he never died..) if some1 is interested in signed copy of say "l.a woman" pm me.. 1000€

:)

496997[/snapback]

Nobody would buy that crap anyway :P

I always considered showing up at shows with a vinyl for an artist to sign, years ago... I think a lot of artists would take a dim view of this however.

Nonetheless, I do have one signed vinyl in my collection, from Kerry Palmer of Dimension 5. It's the Ganymede EP, with a nice message in silver ink. I am glad to own it :)

i do have chapora ep signed by andrea rizzo! i will ask franco rossi and filippo scrimizzi to sign me the lighthouse ep now! but i never tought an autoggraph could reach such a price! Simon go go go :) easy money! Well I suppose now Simon won't sign anything at live pa or people would make a business out of it :D

It is his signature.

If you check the For Sale/Trade Section there's a thread about this auction (found here) that pretty much validates the authenticity.

497005[/snapback]

So this thing is for real? Simon Posford was selling a Shpongle CD signed by himself? He was SELLING it?

Excuse moi, but I find that pretty lame, making money of your own "status" if I may say so (he obviously made quite a nice amount of money, the CD itself wouldn't have been worth 20 pounds). Just because he signed the damn thing he made it worth a lot and then he sold it to get money for himself? Is that dude really so desperate to get some money or what?

If I were an artist, no matter how famous, I'd sign everything for free - either everything or I'd not sign anything at all ... come on, making money with my signature if I was an artist would just be a lame move.

I'd not pay any money for any artist sigs ... a sig of an artist is what a fan normally gets for free (from the artist himself), always, I thought that's some kind of unwritten law. That is the spirit, encountering the artist you love and kindly asking him shyly and with a ponding heart to sign something for you! I'd never support artists signing their own stuff and then selling it for much money. That's really not what it is about.

If that really was Simon's own thing and not some hippie kid arsing everybody then he just lost a lot of respect from me.

So this thing is for real? Simon Posford was selling a Shpongle CD signed by himself? He was SELLING it?

Excuse moi, but I find that pretty lame, making money of your own "status" if I may say so (he obviously made quite a nice amount of money, the CD itself wouldn't have been worth 20 pounds). Just because he signed the damn thing he made it worth a lot and then he sold it to get money for himself? Is that dude really so desperate to get some money or what?

If I were an artist, no matter how famous, I'd sign everything for free - either everything or I'd not sign anything at all ... come on, making money with my signature if I was an artist would just be a lame move.

I'd not pay any money for any artist sigs ... a sig of an artist is what a fan normally gets for free (from the artist himself), always, I thought that's some kind of unwritten law. That is the spirit, encountering the artist you love and kindly asking him shyly and with a ponding heart to sign something for you! I'd never support artists signing their own stuff and then selling it for much money. That's really not what it is about.

If that really was Simon's own thing and not some hippie kid arsing everybody then he just lost a lot of respect from me.

497148[/snapback]

maybee this is a true sign of how twisted is at the momet ;)