my new pumping goa trance...

afgin

hey pepole,

after almost 2 months, i returned with my new track, the style is pumping goa trance, with a classic tb 303 melody... the tune of the track will remind some of u the old goa tune... the name of the track is RETURN TO THE SOURCE... so all the pepole who wants to remember those old times and RETURN TO THE SOURCE...

u can listen and download the track in:

http://art.o-zen.com/goahead

and i would like to know what do u pepole think about the track...

hey pepole,

after almost 2 months, i returned with my new track, the style is pumping goa trance, with a classic tb 303 melody... the tune of the track will remind some of u the old goa tune... the name of the track is RETURN TO THE SOURCE... so all the pepole who wants to remember those old times and RETURN TO THE SOURCE...

u can listen and download the track in:

http://art.o-zen.com/goahead

and i would like to know what do u pepole think about the track...

496910[/snapback]

So elad

you have really succeded in capturing the goa sound on this track and its very colourfull.

I sitting and hering it write now and if i should critisise anything it would be your rythmic side.

Its maybe cause im scandinavian but i really enjoy when the rythmic side of track ways as mouch as the Tonal side, but maybe its just me . Maybe you had a idea of an totally floating and dreamy track and you succeded very well .

You say you make progressive scandinavian style , where can i download it ..

If youre interested check out my page www.soundlift.com/solarsequence

I mostly produce Psytrance <not goa trance , aint got that ethnic sound> , but also what you would call scandinavian progressive , thoug my style is more Dry and psychedelic then most danish Progressive acts.

So if you visit my page check out Brannigans law, Bite my golden glorious ass and Sonic Bliss .

Those are my most wellproduced tracks

sharni...

in the last year i produced only goa style...but before it i have 3 tracks i have

made, progressive style,like atmos...i realy like the old atmos style...todays progressive is nice and good, but it is a little bit sounds like house/deep house,i like it, but i miss to the old sound of progressive from 2000/2001 if u remember...

but for now i am making goa trance beacause it is in my blood...i grow on that goa tune since 1995...but i have big respect for the scandinavian tune...and soon i will visit in your site,and will listening to your music...

thanks...

and big respect to u, and all scandinavian producers...

thanks filteria...

i have to say that your last album is beautifull,i enjoyed every track from your last album...espacialy the last track,the ambient track...it is so beautifull...

continue with your great music...and the goa spirit...let's turn on...and RETURN TO THE SOURCE...

Elad afgin

• 2 months later...

WAY TO GO AFGIN!

lovely lovely music!

I just started to hear your full promo and so far return to the source is promising!

we never have enough producers making oldschool with moder technichs! the revolution has begun! filteria opened up the ways to everyone :)! thumbs up!

OHH COME ON REGER!

please let's not make this a thread about Filteria! I mean he was the first one or about the first one to release oldschool sonorities with new equipments and after him a lot took courage and/or got their chances to make this kind of material!

In my opinion thanks to him many people discovered the "old school sound" as all the kids couldn't be exposed to true goa warriors and epic old tunes just because they were TOO young and nowadays they were only discovering the FULL ON standard sound!

back on topic: the album is MARVELLOUS! my compliments and best wishes for the future!

Guest Cosmogenesis

I agree with you! Afgin is a true spirit & artist! He's on of the few hereditors of the goa cultures! His music is authentic israeli psytrance music! :)

Good luck for you upcoming projects, Elad! :)

I agree with you! Afgin is a true spirit & artist! He's on of the few hereditors of the goa cultures! His music is authentic israeli psytrance music!  :)

Good luck for you upcoming projects, Elad!  :)

538205[/snapback]

This is pure old school at its finest! I thought I was listening to MFG.

Great work!

• 11 months later...

AFGIN - DIMENSIONAL

Twist Dreams compilation

I reviewed this track in the Twist Dreams review thread. I wanted to elabote and give further insight here.

This song starts good. Part of me feels it begins beautiful. At around 2:07 I think it's great, building up these euphoric notes and rhythms. It's very catchy. It's at 3:39 that something happens. I'm still intrigued but I wonder what will follow after the transition. Sure this part/concept sounds generally similar to some transition in a mainstream clubtrance song before a huge climax.... by in Afgins sound.

The transition ends and the beat kicks in again at around 4:42. It's at 5:00 and especially 5:15 where it starts to lose me. And 5:31 confirms this. Regardless of what the artist is or was attempting here, the track becomes or sounds like an extension of its transition. When it picks up again at 4:42 the second half should be stronger than the first. We're developing and moving forward. But the song gets bogged down in it's puddles of sound. It lacks a fresh spark to generate a second wave as the first three minutes so lavishly built up to and upon. The beat returns after this second transtion at around 5:46 but the song isn't so strong. It's lost much of it's allure because nothing seems to be collecting more shiney than intially. The part from 6:37 to sounds nice but by the seventh minute I know there isn't anything more interesting that will take place here. The song got so caught up in where to go around the 5:00 to 5:15 that it never returned to such fresh heights since. The sound from 6:37 continues to 8:46 without anything really rich or great build into it and ends.

I hope this gives the artist some insight. I've been listening to Goa for at least 10 years. There are elements and sounds that are wonderful with Afgins work, moments and parts in the songs that really engage in a new way as the great old-school songs once did. I'd love to see this expressed and accomplished to great degree from start, middle, and finish...where the song continuously gets stronger and more engaging as it moves along. Due to the first half of this song I enjoyed it more than the fairly good and floating closing song on 2006's underrated Pyramidal Trancendence compilation.

B- / B

nice, but I can't find the track :(

Me too. Where is it??

It's on Afgin fresh 'n' amazing promo MP3 album... I can PM you guys the track after the soccer game is over!!! Not before though...

Go Go Go Croatia!!! :clapping: :clapping:

i listened the track. this is waht i love, really. i'm also like the old style of goa trance.

i'm happy that are people what compose this style at this time, when the full on,dark style try to eat us :-)

back to tune....

very melodic, sweet piece. great work afgin. keep work :-)