Sonica 2006

Thanks! Very informative article. I was there last year. Weird to see the place again ... Judging from the pictures looks like the crowd is the same size. But, off coure, it is hard to judge  B)

575456[/snapback]

you were???

me too!!!

maybe i caught you with my camcorder?!! :)

Monday was the last day for me - and unfortunately I had to leave pretty early so I missed Panick and Hallucinogen on the mainstage

575204[/snapback]

i am not entirely sure because i was tripping on a shiva & the line-up was a bit delayed & we came just back from the lake, when suddenly - i think around 7pm - a huge storm broke lose :ph34r:

fullmoon 2005 -styl :huh:

lots of lightning, thunder, sandstorm , tents flew away... it was quite hallucinant

they stopped the music early at the mainstage because of the storm...

so no hallucinogen...

(at least that's what i think cause i was tripping & not sure of the time & music that was playing, but it sure didn't sound like hallucinogen)

pics will follow later

I friend of mine took these:

http://tinyurl.com/poz7b

575243[/snapback]

Indeed..it seems there weren't as many people attending the festie as last year.

The main stage's area looks much nicer this year! Look at how much shade there is... wow! That's fantastic.. I can imagine staying there for quite some time.. last year there was little shade..

Did you meet Tash and sherlockalien? They were there :)

575236[/snapback]

Yes, I did & w0p too. Very weird too meet ppl you only know as icons on a little screen for the first time in real life while heavily peaking on acid. But it was all good... :) See you guys at the VooV!

Didn't get to meet Heva though, maybe one day... ;)

Musicwise the best progressive came from FREq (the màster!) & D-Nox & Beckers, while the best psychedelic trance for me was without a shadow of a doubt: Tristan.

It came pretty close to a perfect festival if it hadn't been for the stormy anticlimax at hte very end. To those like us, who were going crazy on the dancefloor until they stopped the music: Thank You, for the most intense feeling I had àll year!

Our extensive picture Gallery is on psygarden.be, with extra attention for nightshots & body-art:

http://www.psygarden.be/e107_plugins/galle...?g2_itemId=6979

ooh theres quite a few pics of my friends on the psygarden site, which is wunderbarrr since i managed to take no pictures at all......thank you for sharing! :D

Tox - I was quite useless with meeting up with people at sonica...I'm gonna try my best to be at the VooV meet-up. We keep sharing the same dance floor and never actually meet up!! Looking forward to meeting you too :)

actually whilst i'm thinking about it i shall write some thoughts on the party :D

Before the party we spent a few days camping by the lake in capodimonte. Such a beautiful lake, I could actually have happily stayed there for a few weeks and been very happy. However, as I knew there was sonica just up the road I managed to drag mysefl away :)

After getting to the party and setting up camp (luckily managed to blag a spot in the olive grove) I wandered down to the main stage to have a looksie and was very impressed. There was shade, and lots of it! I had heard there was going to be an 'underwater' theme, and that it was. Lots of stretchy lycra goodness :D

My first real stomping was a nice early set by peter didjital at 9am ish, followied by some lovely proggy by d-nox (always wicked) and ticon. The afternoon was rounded off by the most wonderful set by Atmos. I've seen him play a few times before, but this set was something special. He pulled out loads of old classics and this was probably one of the best sets of the weekend for me. Big grins all round.

Had quite a chilled evening (I'm all for sensible partying nowadays; sleep at night party in the day). The next day I went down to the lake and chilled there for the morning. It was such a nice break from the party and a welcome opportunity to cool down. Managed to get back up to the party in time for Tristan who played another top notch psychedelic blinder of a set :wub: followed by Allaby and Gino and then Freq. Freq was once again wicked, and provided a perfect set full of oldies and newies. I loved his set and managed to have a shuffle with Alien and Tash. I nearly wet my pants with excitement when Jaia played next...also wicked. Stomped along to Beckers and was also mightily impressed with a dj set by Rafael Dahan (who I had never even heard of before the party).

The final day I kind of wandered back and forth to the main stage. I didn't pay too much attention to who was playing as I was quite tired from my adventurous day the day before. We watched a storm come in, and it hit the main stage as eduardo was playing ( i think). The storm bought with it lots of amazing energy, the dust was blowing, rain was pouring and lightening flashing and people were going bonkers on the dancefloor....it was great :D It's a shame that it was quite an abrupt end to the party, but despite the rain everyone was still smiling :D

Overall I had a wicked party, just the right amount of people, amazing proggy tunes all day (what more could I ask for).

Next time I shall be more 'on it' with meeting other psynewsers. Looking forward to the next one :)

• 4 weeks later...