Unknown, less famous Psy-trance artists.

Ormion

• 6 months later...

Nasha!!!

I have only _one_ track, Chai Machine from White Rhino, but I looooove this, there are these deeeppp sarangis & stuff all over... This is still one of the few "eastern style" goa tracks that I like, usually the faux eastern scales just sound like shit :P

This was very similar to Cyborganik - Centre Of The Cyclone released on Transient, same eastern style.. I now wonder if Mad Sher Khan could posibly be an alias of Ott.. that are 2 oneshot massive tracks..

speaking of unknown projects / old stuff i can name: MushroomMan, Old Aeon (the one on NinetySix), Akasha (the one of Beings From Another World), North Central Positronics (aka of Simon P), Amtinaoüs, Analogue Silence (one killer goa track on trigger), Anopheles (one underrated ep only), Ax-Om, but it would take me some time to browse more my collection/my memory to find others :)

• 1 year later...

He was an mp3.com -artist, and you could download most of the songs free at www.mp3.com/crossingmind/, but however as the old mp3.com died, he's project seems totally lost. Behind Crossing Mind was a single person, a Frenchman. I dont remember anything more really. Good stuff, nontheless.

Yesh, that's where I got the mp3s. Too bad nobody knows who he was, where he went, and more importantly, does he still produce music under a different alias.

Awesome musix.

• 3 months later...

Yesh, that's where I got the mp3s. Too bad nobody knows who he was, where he went, and more importantly, does he still produce music under a different alias.

Awesome musix.

snif, crossing mind is sooooooo great!!!! :)

if just someone would be able to tell us who this guy is...

Apart from the old 4-man era of Etnica / Pleiadians, my all-time favourite goa trance act is Underhead. They just released 7 tracks (well, 8 with the one released as EA 1729 in 1995) but they're all AWESOME!

Other obscure favourites:

Space Dimension (Also "Space Demon" and "Invaders")

Totally fucking awesome acid darkness

Section X

More hardtrance really, but still way trippier than most goa acts

Universal Island

Dark and hypnotic project on the POF label... "Dark Moon" is an all-time favourite

Deflo

Cool production and with a unique "riot" feel to it... punky!

Factor

Ololiuqui side project that released two very nice Tunnel 12"s

...and regarding Encens, the best track by far is Infinite Image =)

I've searched for Underhead tracks periodically.. Whirlrain of Fire is all I have.. Hard to find. Space Dimension too LP only. Wish I could find samples, I'm highly interested in some of these.

• 1 year later...

has anyone any informations on Crossing Mind? i would really love to get in touch with them. it's impossible nobody knows them :S

Someone here named: NEUM

makes you wonder why everything is so polished in this scene today.

anyway, I would like to hear more stuff like that, but dont want to plow through all the 140bpm+ Goa that is most likely named in this thread. Or am i wrong?

Someone here named: NEUM

makes you wonder why everything is so polished in this scene today.

anyway, I would like to hear more stuff like that, but dont want to plow through all the 140bpm+ Goa that is most likely named in this thread. Or am i wrong?

I like that alot, a simple yet effective buildup with some very nice atmosphere. And some drums as well. Also enough variation to keep my attention.

MakadaM

discogs entry

Lately I have been listening more and more to his tracks (no album yet :( ) and he is slowly becoming one of my favourite forest trance acts, quirky, deep, original and fun! Pure "organic" forest music!

So now I'm just waiting for a debut album :)

he has quite a few tracks on free compilations (Sanaton Records and Mental Sauce)... enjoy :)

• 2 years later...

Hmm, where is this world going to when Slinky Wizard, Snake Thing & the rest are classified as "unknown"???

Hmm then again, maybe if I listened to trance that was less than 8 years old, I might have perspective Posted Image

But Underhead, yes, definitely underrated, and for some reason didn't appear so often on CD comps either. I just have one EP + a few tracks on CD but they're mostly very very good.

I suppose there would be a lot of great stuff with much cross-over potential to psy territory on Tunnel... Should really try to get my hands on some of those old Tunnel comps. Too bad I've never seen them in mp3 circulation or any used record shops either :/

Slinky wizard appears quite often on old goa Trance compilations, I like him a lot.

there is some great music from Hunab Ku, it sounded really unique and I did not have such goa Trance from any other artist. Unlike other artists the Hunak Ku tracks are light to hear but still very emotional, so I like them a lot. Anyone knows similar stuff?

Slinky wizard appears quite often on old goa Trance compilations, I like him a lot.

there is some great music from Hunab Ku, it sounded really unique and I did not have such goa Trance from any other artist. Unlike other artists the Hunak Ku tracks are light to hear but still very emotional, so I like them a lot. Anyone knows similar stuff?

Hunab Ku was the same group as Dimension 5, and imo you can hear it, very melodic work, like Blue Planet Corporation, Jaia etc, only these are much more so.

My picks:

Gangnia is a little known group who released two albums, both absolute stormers, really fast paced '97 style, similar to Darshan's album Awakening only a little less dark, but with the same atmospheric breaks and intros followed by driving rythmic trance.

Imago is another artist who I think deserves a mention, the album "The Spirit Dance" isn't phenomenal, but it is good, with nice light melody work and good quality sound production.

I don't know how many people have heard of Colorbox, but undoubtedly it's not enough, amazing concept album, quick and driving.

And lastly Proton, he released a track called Brainfusion pt.1, which is a very long epic voyage that i've valued highly since hearing it as an unkown and underrated gem of Goa trance.

Hunab Ku was the same group as Dimension 5, and imo you can hear it, very melodic work, like Blue Planet Corporation, Jaia etc, only these are much more so.

My picks:

Gangnia is a little known group who released two albums, both absolute stormers, really fast paced '97 style, similar to Darshan's album Awakening only a little less dark, but with the same atmospheric breaks and intros followed by driving rythmic trance.

Imago is another artist who I think deserves a mention, the album "The Spirit Dance" isn't phenomenal, but it is good, with nice light melody work and good quality sound production.

I don't know how many people have heard of Colorbox, but undoubtedly it's not enough, amazing concept album, quick and driving.

And lastly Proton, he released a track called Brainfusion pt.1, which is a very long epic voyage that i've valued highly since hearing it as an unkown and underrated gem of Goa trance.

Interesting post, I'll have to take a look at these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYZ2mGZwco

Not all Hunab Ku Tracks sound similar to dimension 5. Most of them don't sound similar to dimension 5 in my opinion. They use different synthlines and sometimes supersaw like sounds. dimension 5 does not, also Hunab Ku does not use the floating sound so much as Dimension 5.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYZ2mGZwco

Not all Hunab Ku Tracks sound similar to dimension 5. Most of them don't sound similar to dimension 5 in my opinion. They use different synthlines and sometimes supersaw like sounds. dimension 5 does not, also Hunab Ku does not use the floating sound so much as Dimension 5.

Listen to the melody on that Hunab Ku track from 3:26, then the one from Purple Om at 2:00 :

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARnZpGGe6-4

Tell me you can't hear the similarity.