Do you listen Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren?

Guest Cosmogenesis

JackCheese, exactly where did you hear that Tiesto's music is done by other producers? That is so strong a claim that you'd better a have credible source.

531968[/snapback]

Well they don't exactly admit it, but pretty much everyone knows he doesn't make his own tracks...

For instance his track Magik Journey is made by Geert Huinink (from Photon Project/Dawnseekers), as well as Forever Today and A Tear in The Open to mention just a few, and so are his remixes of ROC Project - Never and Svenson & Gielen - We Know What You did, which all carry the Geert Huinink sound.

Pretty much everyone knows he has others working for him as well, one of them is some guy called Dennis Waakop Reyers, who's also listed as co-producer on his latest album, but it's more like the other way round.

If you've ever heard this release you'll hear the resemblance with the old tiesto tracks

I just can't really prove it with hard evidence unfortunately, you'll just have to believe me. Or not if you don't believe it.

I wouldn't say it if it weren't true though, there's no reason for me to spread lies :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well personally i hear many styles of electronic music but the biggest percentage is sure ambient - chill and psytrance music!

Sure i like a lot the trance music. This music give me some verry good feelings, make me happy or melancholic this depents from the disposal of track!

I like to hear sometimes other style of music cause escape from the standarts...each music gives you also something different! :)

Heres some artists that i like:

Ferry Corsten

Airwave

Markus Schulz

Armin Van Buuren (especially the "a state of trance" series, i love it)

Ronski Speed

Tiesto (the old releases and some sets and comps)

and many more...

Hello my psycho-brothers! I'm curious to know if, among us, there are many persons who are listening some eurotrance stuffs from Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren for example?

I prefer by far goa and psytrance, but, sometimes, I don't know why, I want to make a pause with my fav music, and it happens to me to listen a State of Trance mix from AMVB or "In my memory" from Tiesto. Am I the only who happens a such phenomenon?  :blink:  :blink: Am I crazy?  :ph34r:

495306[/snapback]

Yes, some Tiesto, Push, Ian Van Dahl, DJ Jean, Darude, Kaylab, ATB, Vector Mode, Brooklyn Bounce and other. But Tiesto and Armin Van Buren have many unpleasant and unsatisfactory stuff, the most is just boring and standart :rolleyes:

hah, it's in no way progressive trance. more like degressive trance.

i think he does play some tracks in his sets that could be called progressive trance, but not his own music.. oh no, more like cheesy euro trance :)

I sometimes enjoy listening to Markus Schulz global dj broadcast.

More progressive than the stuff played by armin.

495959[/snapback]

Phonokol label was my favourite label but now is eurotrance! :(

I WAS a trancehead once.

I WAS.

Now I hate it ... I am so happy I've found psytrance ... I was a real trancehead back then with gel hair and sports shoes and only listening to trance music ... Tiesto (Urban Train), AvB, Talla 2XLC, Mauro Picotto ... yeah, I loved it. Back then. Now I hate it. I am off it. 99% of that trance stuff I was into sounds now very shallow and boring and monotonous and cheesy after I was converted to a psyhead. You can't make me listen to trance again, never.

I was never such a euro trance listener...

I like some PLATIPUS releases, some Armin van Buuren, but beside that, it is not my style...

I dont like it in general...

but I do like some names such as andy moor, flash brothers and luke fair .. (dont know if you can consider it in the same genre)

Not since my past life :ph34r: ... so NO, not my style.

used to listen to a lot of that stuff in 2000-2003 but it got so bad I stopped.. the shit-ratio even exceed that of fullon :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Manu, you forgot to mention the melodic "Chronoscale" double cd album from Mirco de Govia in your big list! :P:)

It's one of my favorite eurotrance stuff :D

Manu, you forgot to mention the melodic "Chronoscale" double cd album from Mirco de Govia in your big list!  :P  :)

It's one of my favorite eurotrance stuff  :D

535488[/snapback]

Merci du conseil..! I'll check it out.

Id rather stab myself in the throat than listen to this stuff. With all honestly, I'd rather be attacked and left for dead in a gutter than be forced to listen to cheesy eurotrance.

533717[/snapback]

I'd rather perform cunnilingus on tubgirl while she performs her infamous vomit + diarrhea bit and while Skazi plays his extended 3 hours live with Lordi as a backup band, followed by a special 48 hours set of Goa Gil during which i'll be injected with a mix of Heroine, Crack Cocaine, Meth and a whole paper sheet of LSD. All that i prefer to a set of Tiesto.

I'd rather perform cunnilingus on tubgirl while she performs her infamous vomit + diarrhea bit and while Skazi plays his extended 3 hours live with Lordi as a backup band, followed by a special 48 hours set of Goa Gil during which i'll be injected with a mix of Heroine, Crack Cocaine, Meth and a whole paper sheet of LSD. All that i prefer to a set of Tiesto.

535705[/snapback]

I cant top that dude. But I feel the same way.

I disagree with the part of "rather listening to Lordi" though. Id rather listen to Tiesto than Lordi. The only thing worse then Eurodance, is actual European Music.

535705[/snapback]

Nice!

Have you guys ever been at a party/event where you went to stay all night (because there was no train to take you home earlier, for instance) and there was only 1 DJ who played for about 8 hours, and that certain DJ also played pretty much the most pathetic dull set he ever played, supposedly being called the best DJ in the world but not being able to mix a tune properly and also having the worst track selection in years? And the party taking place in a football stadium with way too much sweaty hey-look-at-me-im-the-man people present?

Ahhhh that pretty much sums up my experience 3 years ago when I was 17 and went to my first event which happened to be a "concert" by dj Tiesto. There's a first time for everything though :lol::lol:

paying over 50 euros to "experience" one DJ = bollocks, by the way

Euro Trance is not as good and emotional as it used to be some years ago,too many people involved plus some super star attitude from some of the people that created the whole thing 10-15 years ago,same shitty situation like psy trance i guess.The big names of the scene like Tiesto and Oakenfold for example are so busy touring the world that have other people making music for them and all they do is just giving them so advices when they get some time to go into the studio,thats not something secret,just open the booklets of the cds and you will see in each track Tiesto's name along 2-3 other names that are actually the people that make the music for them.Same applies FOR A LOT of people in the euro trance scene today.

I really miss the old days when Tiesto,PVD,AVB,BT,Sasha,Digweed,Chicane,Oakenfold and more would spend more time on the studio than touring the globe and making money on ultra super duper commercial events sponsored by big companies.

There is still some good music around but the scene got so big that you cant keep track of whats going on anymore,exactly same situation like psy trance.

Now playing Airscape-L'Esperanza (Armin Van Buuren's Rising Star Remix)

Nice!

Have you guys ever been at a party/event where you went to stay all night (because there was no train to take you home earlier, for instance) and there was only 1 DJ  who played for about 8 hours, and that certain DJ also played pretty much the most pathetic dull set he ever played, supposedly being called the best DJ in the world but not being able to mix a tune properly and also having the worst track selection in years? And the party taking place in a football stadium with way too much sweaty hey-look-at-me-im-the-man people present?

Ahhhh that pretty much sums up my experience 3 years ago when I was 17 and went to my first event which happened to be a "concert" by dj Tiesto. There's a first time for everything though  :lol:  :lol:

paying over 50 euros to "experience" one DJ = bollocks, by the way

535710[/snapback]

been there ,done that.never again.Never!

and when those half naked sweating ape-dudes dance like maniacs and shower you with their stinky intoxicated sweat,you know something has gone terribly wrong.