In 'R' Voice - "The Scent of Russian Dreams"

freak51

In 'R' Voice - The Scent of Russian Dreams

Somewhere between Metalogic and Kopfuss Resonator ... is In 'R' Voice. Not that it's derivative in any way, because for my money there is plenty of space to explore in this realm. In 'R' Voice doesn't produce much, but has been around for a long long time. I had a comp with an In 'R' Voice track on it, that also had a Boris Blenn track on it, from about 1995, so there you go.

1 - Inner Vision Jet

Sighing, mournful guitar-driven 4/4 psy-tech with a rolling wobbly baseline, a nice busy high end, plus some tricky melodic and lysergic traces.

2 - In'R'Reality

Stomping percussive hard driver with cinematic effects and subtle scratchy washboardy mids. Echoed guitar licks make a trippy melody.

3 - Fequency [sic]

Fast whizzy psychedelic stormer, cold distorted robotic vocals. Just enough melodic variation in bass line to provide lift. Effective use of (long lag) reverb. I like it when they use sleigh bells for high hats. Guitars figure prominently.

4 - Synth Ethics

More of the same, slightly more foggy and crooning lead melody. Breaks into game show-like theme and back again, but somehow this does not detract.

5 - Killahertz

Clearer rendition of same elements: busy high hats, thick percussion, acidic rolling bassline, reverb. What else could one possibly want?

6 - Infused with the Spiral

The guitar licks on this track are limpid and shivery. Oh yes, oh yes. And the beat goes on and on, occasionally skipping "seven - eight" to inhale. Towards the end, pads wash over the whole works. An achievement.

7 - Heartbreak Cafe

Ponderous but precise percussion drive a 303-inspired midrange with relaxed dreamy dubby timing. A melody runs through it, too overtly European for my taste, but he comes by it honestly. What would Russians be without pathos? Canadians like me. :lol:

8 - Atomic Medicine

Eager acidic stabs and relaxed pads frolic over a field of crenellated techy textures.

9 - My Mind Exists

Acid touches and warm kick drum bleed into a housey understanding of rhythm.

10 - The Scent of Russian Dreams

Acidic icicles melt and trickle to incoming warmer atmosphere, all over a lightly playful, syncopated percussion section.

Not so much variation as perturbations on a theme. Still, this is Secret DJ Business. 9/10.

• 1 month later...

its out of stock for some months .. .. . . . i wanted !!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i just buy in r voice new album , Great album ! all tracks rocks !