Hallucinogen not for me?

Bvan

You have a point here. There is the "real" Rap, and possibly the worst music at all - the most contemporary r&b. With the last one, the sounds are poor, the melodies are often cheap, some of the vocals are just roaring, sometimes everything is impossibly artificial and horrible. I suppose they are wannabe-s and this should not be the Rap culture,, but even some artists like Cypress Hill have their topics gangstering and violence, even though the songs are of better quality and such .. here comes the issue, that I do not know it so well,, e.g 2 Pac is supposed to have more than gangstas and violence in his works .. but this reaches a few people I suppose.

There is a lot of abuse to the generic Rap culture, which I somehow believe exists .. Certainly should one be a lot deep into it to interpret it maturely.

494861[/snapback]

Tupac touched a lot of people with his constant struggle for the rights of black people. He wrote great lyrics imo but also made much pretty violent gangsta stuff. But songs like Changes, Unconditional Love, I aint mad at cha.... beautiful stuff. Really. Tupac at his best...

But olschool rap like Run DMC and similar. There´s hardly much violence in it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tupac touched a lot of people with his constant struggle for the rights of black people. He wrote great lyrics imo but also made much pretty violent gangsta stuff. But songs like Changes,  Unconditional Love, I aint mad at cha.... beautiful stuff. Really. Tupac at his best...

But olschool rap like Run DMC and similar. There´s hardly much violence in it.

494892[/snapback]

dont forget "Dear mama" his best work imo,and a tribute to all the mothers out there :) and all the shit they put up with us.

dont forget "Dear mama" his best work imo,and a tribute to all the mothers out there :) and all the shit they put up with us.

494906[/snapback]

thsi is a hallucinogen topic not a 2pac topic, it is allowed to bash hiphop but it isn´t allowed to talk about the best track of a hiphop artist :P:P:P JOKE

vibrasphere´s manzanilla is not prog.. duhhh..  its chill.... and yes, it rocks very much, just like all their other chill tracks

as for prog vs other genres...  good prog (as opposed to psy prog bullshit that ppl call prog) is the killa..  but you have to be super enlightened to understand it  :lol:

494671[/snapback]

it's chill? It says "prog" in discogs. "prog" is such a wide and misused name dontcha think?

there's melodic trance that's "prog". then psy-prog that's "prog" and I guess other stuff too that's "prog". But hardly I come across a track in that "genre" that really progresses much, absurd kind of when you think the naming. :)

I've tried the "lime structure" so many times but it just feels empty and has no content for me. But I still respect every sort of music when you know lots of people get happy about it. So there's no reason to say a bad word about prog, is there? =)

(what was this thread about again? :D )

took me many years before I started liking the Hallucinogen albums :)

492223[/snapback]

Took me about a year. Then I still didn't like some tracks that I now think are awesome :D

But ofcourse some people don't like Hallucinogen. In fact many don't there's nothing exceptional about it ;)

what is this prog that you have to be so enlightened to understand sherlock?

i didnt know there was psyprog and "real prog" shit all these subgenres are so confusing some times :D

494710[/snapback]

I was kidding of course :D

Everybody has their own taste and all that...

but yeah in my taste, I am very sick of normal psyprog like xibalba, symphonix, vaishyias, etc etc.... sounds very generic, made to ´please greeks and troyans´...

I prefer a more ´real´ prog (in the sense of not being in between prog and psy), like antix, beckers, chable, motion, etc...

I find it amuzing how you atvocate Rap, but okey now another question, tell me a musicgenre with the same or more violence than rap, i don´t talk about violence in the scene but violence where rappers or listeneers to other msuicscenes fight people that have ntohing to do with the music, i´am looking for your reply.

494863[/snapback]

Some rap music is about violence. SOME! Stop talking about stuff you have no idea about! 99% of the hip hop I listen to is not violent.

You think most rap music is violent because of the very little hip hop you have heard. 50 cent and eminem might be the most popular and most played on the radio, but they do not represent the rest of hip hop music out there.

You want more violent music? Id say there would be SOME death metal or hardcore/gabba that is more violent. But I dont know enough about those genres to say.

I've been to lots of trance, hip hop, house, breaks, drum n bass and techno parties. There has been just as much violence at a hip hop party as any other party.

Personally, I also dont wet my pents when I hear Hallucinogen.. far from it.

Imo, the Shpongle albums are way way way better then halluc.. its kind of wierd though.

and I could never understand why LSD is so overrated, its an average track.

Imo, the Shpongle albums are way way way better then halluc.. its kind of wierd though.

496386[/snapback]

probably because so many tripped to it,and that whole album is very trip friendly.

496386[/snapback]

You're trying to understand something that doesn't exist.

I can't understand why fieldmice push heroin onto shrews because in actual fact they don't. Similarly you can't understand why LSD is so overrated because in actual fact it isn't.

You're trying to understand something that doesn't exist.

I can't understand why fieldmice push heroin onto shrews because in actual fact they don't. Similarly you can't understand why LSD is so overrated because in actual fact it isn't.

496913[/snapback]

exactly ;).

yet little bitchin is allways fun :D!

ok so conclusion of the thread was that simon p sucks, right? :P

For the topic opener, Hallucinogen is not supposed to be for everybody in any case...;)

sherlock, stop dissing Simon, it's ok to have an opinion, but to actually cheer for h8 is useless...:P

sherlock, stop dissing Simon, it's ok to have an opinion, but to actually cheer for h8 is useless...:P

497230[/snapback]

hahaha dont worry I dont hate him.. I just like to be annoying sometimes :D

You're getting as bad as Otto.

Really, you should be bloody ashamed of yourself.

497487[/snapback]

:lol:

I don't think Simon Posford sucks. I just find his music mostly superficial. He clearly has talent, but not enough to make his music worth my while.

I'm convinced that one's joy of certain music comes down to one's initial experiences with it, and what it was in his/her environment at the time that contributed synergetically to that joy. I must have been in the wrong moods during my first Hallucinogen experiences. I think at the time I was craving very different stuff (Colorbox was blowing me away at the time) and was disappointed that Hallucinogen didn't have what I wanted.

Then Shpongle came along and I liked it initially but it had no staying power. Then when the albums continued to get worse I decided Posford was a slacker. Younger Brother brought me back slightly, but not much.