Hallucinogen not for me?

Bvan

Hallucinogen is fantastic... if you don't get it, I'm sorry for you. You're missing out!

Interesting corollory: I never liked Etnica for the first two years of listening to trance... I disliked their style intensely. Then it opened up! I grew to really appreciate them. Same goes for minimal and techtrance when it came out - I downright hated the stuff for the first couple years, with a few exceptions I used to post up all the time (P.Cok's Liquid Lunch and some late-period Slinky Wizard)... so who knows, perhaps you will change your mind later - or maybe never?

Enjoy what you like and forget the rest.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don´t know why but simon posford in his Hallucinogen project is the onliest music that give me that feelings that i´am on a jorney, i mean on a real journey not virtual or drugs or something real journey, i don´t know if i connect hallucinogens tracks with memories of mine but i don´t think so, hallucinogen has the best atmosphere of all psytrance artists, that´s maybe because he always use things that others don´t use, for example at the beginning of astral pancakes, or the whole angelic particles, or the remix of Shamanix IMO the best track of hallucinogen, i like that in old Infinity project tracks you feel the posford touch very well, examples for this are Stimuli or the track with the sample "get a hanting in a 3 stage rocket" this music is a whole different thing, i miss this feeling on some Lone Deranger tracks, okay most of them have the feelings i like but for example Deranger hasn´t that feelings at all and it isn´t a good hallucinogen track at all IMO, Horrorgrammtrancespotter and gama goblins 2 are very well and have these feelings i like and never got from other artists, simon psofrd makes things so well that even people who don´t like trance like listening him like my fermale cousin who listens pop but when i play it hallucinogen she enjoys very much, IMO simon Posford is really the psychedelic Trance artist, like for example there are some who are the best at their sports and almost always win, so is Simon in psychedelic trance, Simon you rock big time and made/make me really great days when i had really bad times, thanks Simon GODFORD.

I don´t know why but simon posford in his Hallucinogen project is the onliest music that give me that feelings that i´am on a jorney, i mean on a real journey not virtual or drugs or something real journey, i don´t know if i connect hallucinogens tracks with memories of mine but i don´t think so, hallucinogen has the best atmosphere of all psytrance artists, that´s maybe because he always use things that others don´t use, for example at the beginning of astral pancakes, or the whole angelic particles, or the remix of Shamanix IMO the best track of hallucinogen, i like that in old Infinity project tracks you feel the posford touch very well, examples for this are Stimuli or the track with the sample "get a hanting in a 3 stage rocket" this music is a whole different thing, i miss this feeling on some Lone Deranger tracks, okay most of them have the feelings i like but for example Deranger hasn´t that feelings at all and it isn´t a good hallucinogen track at all IMO, Horrorgrammtrancespotter and gama goblins 2 are very well and have these feelings i like and never got from other artists, simon psofrd makes things so well that even people who don´t like trance like listening him like my fermale cousin who listens pop but when i play it hallucinogen she enjoys very much, IMO simon Posford is really the psychedelic Trance artist, like for example there are some who are the best at their sports and almost always win, so is Simon in psychedelic trance, Simon you rock big time and made/make me really great days when i had really bad times, thanks Simon GODFORD.

493701[/snapback]

use

paragraphs

radi

its

very

hard

to

read

the

cement

blocks

you

write

thank

you

:)

thanks for the replies.

its given me a bit more insentive to perservere with both albums. i always find it helpfull and interesting to read what other people see in any particular album or song or even movie. reading reviews seems to let me see the work from a perspective that might otherwise have escaped my attention. i also find that expecting great things from a track or album that youve read lots of good things about helps, not so much because it sways opinion, but because you tend to then enter into the listning experience with more attention, and because of this this music will always move you more. if you know what i mean.

and it does bother me if i feel i'm missing something, like i think it should if one couldnt access beethoven or pink floyd. not that every popular or critically aclaimed band needs neccessarily to be concidered 'good'. popular approval and artistic greatness are often mutually exclusive as we all know. and everyone being different, everyone should have different favourites. never the less, if one cant appreciate a particular artist, or particulary a genre of music, its seldom the case that its because there is no artistic merit in that genre, but more often and almost always the case that it is because of some childish stigma that we have against it. i mean childish in the sence that it is often resultant from a particular experience in early life that we no longer have a conscious awareness of. for example, i didnt eat brockolli till i was 18 years old, not because it was inherently unpleasent or that my constitution fundamantally changed on reaching majority, but rather that not enjoying it was a reaction against being forced to eat it when i was young. luckilly i grew out of that.

my point in all this is just that i dont think any of us should stop at the relitively few artists or genres we think we like. not being able to expand our fields of interests is selling ourselves short of a lot in this life. while i will always dismiss some 'artists' out of hand, i'll persevere with hallucinogen and encourage others to persevere with beethoven.

cheers

b.

492276[/snapback]

one can "miss something" when they listen to a certain music, while their mood asks for another.

here's how it goes with me:

Hallucinogen - Twisted <-- don't like it, except for LSD

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger <-- like it all

Shpongle - Tales Of The Inexpressible <-- nice, i like it all

Shpongle - Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost <-- can't stand to listen to it more than 15 minutes

i usually enjoy listening to The Lone Deranger in the morning, with headphones. i find it uplifting and it gives me good mood and energy.

i tried listening to Shpongle - Nothing Lasts quite few times ... morning, afternoon, evening .. i never managed to listen to it all, it just couldn't make it!

also, you cannot compare Hallucinogen music with Shpongle music. so don't ask yourself "what am i missing?" if you like one, but not the other too. they're different.

well, happy listening. :P

hats the whole point - i listen to oldschool, but hallucinogen sounds dated and silly

another lame Posford thread.  look - people who don't understand, at least

on an intellectual level why his material is consistently the best Trance

(goa or whatever you are supposed to call it) are 'special'

His material is from my arrogant viewpoint, THE finest electronica work

available.  It is a pity that you all can't appreciate it.

493650[/snapback]

well, ive said it many times in this thread/forum - IMO. ive said why. "intellectual level" - are you supposing that his music is intellectually higher than everyones else?

as for me - i dont care if someone likes him or not, as long as this person is not spamming this place till the point when there is hallucinogen thread everyday with childish whorship posts just like with skazi and full-on [it happens tho].

well, ive said it many times in this thread/forum - IMO. ive said why. "intellectual level" - are you supposing that his music is intellectually higher than everyones else?

as for me - i dont care if someone likes him or not, as long as this person is not spamming this place till the point when there is hallucinogen thread everyday with childish whorship posts just like with skazi and full-on [it happens tho].

493911[/snapback]

the people just react so because they like the music that much and it´s nothing wrong with that, if Simon Posford is so popular do you not think he makes better music than some other, and the music is IMO more intelligent, too because he always use better intros, very well chooses sounds and everything else.

the people just react so because they like the music that much and it´s nothing wrong with that, if Simon Posford is so popular do you not think he makes better music than some other, and the music is IMO more intelligent, too because he always use better intros, very well chooses sounds and everything else.

493967[/snapback]

no, i dont think so ;)

just because one is popular doesnt make him better :rolleyes: .

493911[/snapback]

I too feel his music is on a higher intellectual level but I am open to the possibility this might not actually be the case and that maybe I'm looking at it through rose-tinted spectacles. Love, afterall, is blind.

What I will say about Hallucinogen (and this in my opinion is one of the main characteristics that seperates him from the crowd) is that the music always feels as if it's leading somewhere, that it's telling a story, an emotional story. Too often have I listened to psy-trance (particularly modern psy-trance) and felt the music is going nowhere, that it's not telling a story, it's just a string of sounds with no purpose. Pointless and dull.

Guest Astro Cortex

Simon Posford....

He's very talented, I've never ever questioned that, but nonetheless I can't enjoy most of his music nowadays. Simon used to be like a "God of psytrance" for me too, The Lone Deranger was like, "the best psy album ever made" and blah blah...

I guess it's not for me anymore :rolleyes: .

I still like Twisted for the most part though. I used to prefer the Lone Deranger, but now I think if there's a classic Posford album, it has to be Twisted. Orphic Thrench, Dark Magus, Snarling Black Mabel, and Solstice (my favourite :wub: ) are still very good acid-driven pieces. Shamanix on the other hand has turned to embarrassing cheese for me. The Lone Deranger I've probably listened way too much back in the days, so much that I can't stand most of it anymore.

As for Shpongle, it has lost most of its magic for me as well. Too much of a cheesy hippy LSD-doo-DMT-doo-dee-doo-dee-doo vibe in both AYS and TOTI (no flamewar intended Godford-worshippers :ph34r: ).

Sometimes I wish I could discover Simon's music again, I'd probably like it more than I do now after having been overdosed on it in the past. As I said, I still think the guy has an amazing talent, he should use it differently IMO. Why not collaborate more with artists from different electronic scenes? A Simon Posford/Pete Namlook collaboration could turn out really awesome for instance, but who am I to say, I'm the Namlook whore after all ;) .

I too feel his music is on a higher intellectual level but I am open to the possibility this might not actually be the case and that maybe I'm looking at it through rose-tinted spectacles. Love, afterall, is blind.

What I will say about Hallucinogen (and this in my opinion is one of the main characteristics that seperates him from the crowd) is that the music always feels as if it's leading somewhere, that it's telling a story, an emotional story. Too often have I listened to psy-trance (particularly modern psy-trance) and felt the music is going nowhere, that it's not telling a story, it's just a string of sounds with no purpose. Pointless and dull.

494079[/snapback]

as much as i know simon dont have storry telling stuff released nowadays as hallucinogen, but if we talk about oldschool - story telling is not only his trademark - many projects had that ;).

as much as i know simon dont have storry telling stuff released nowadays as hallucinogen, but if we talk about oldschool - story telling is not only his trademark - many projects had that ;).

494135[/snapback]

Word...

494135[/snapback]

Ahh, but few can tell them as well. :)

simon p sucks

most overrated name in the scene, for sure :P

simon p sucks

most overrated name in the scene, for sure  :P

494453[/snapback]

than better listen to the automated created kullargh fullon shit or whatever else, it´s a musician that at least effort for his music and every song sounds high quality, IMO fullon sucks big time and not to talk abou your progressive trance, Tiesto

If you use that logic, that means all Psy music SUCKS, since it's not popular at all in comparison to other forms of music

494472[/snapback]

the music is not popular at all because most people don´t have any idea what it is and tha´ts because noone spreads psytrance out, i played psytrance music so much people and they all liked it, i must say in eastern countries lot more people have and listen psytrance like in western european Hiphop dominated countries, in Bulgaria everyone who i now has at least 2 tracks of astral projection and some other and they listen to it, everyone has psytrance on it´s computer so aktually psytrance is popular in some parts of the world, but for example in Germny at my school noone knows about psytrance at all but most kids there just know about the turkishgerman rapartists and their fights, nothing more and that´s poor. Gysatanichippey if you see this you must agree with me this time, 90% of the kids there just listen Rap.

the music is not popular at all because most people don´t have any idea what it is and tha´ts because noone spreads psytrance out, i played psytrance music so much people and they all liked it, i must say in eastern countries lot more people have and listen psytrance like in western european Hiphop dominated countries, in Bulgaria everyone who i now has at least 2 tracks of astral projection and some other and they listen to it, everyone has psytrance on it´s computer so aktually psytrance is popular in some parts of the world, but for example in Germny at my school noone knows about psytrance at all but most kids there just know about the turkishgerman rapartists and their fights, nothing more and that´s poor. Gysatanichippey if you see this you must agree with me this time, 90% of the kids there just listen Rap.

494477[/snapback]

where do you haul your facts mate? :)

where's the prove of 90% of german kids listening to hip hop?

where's the prove hip hop is worse than psytrance?

where's the prove popularity has anything to do with quality of music? (and how can you make absolute statements about music quality anyways?)

not only that your posts burst with closed-eyeness, they're also quite unlogical.

where do you haul your facts mate? :)

where's the prove of 90% of german kids listening to hip hop?

where's the prove hip hop is worse than psytrance?

where's the prove popularity has anything to do with quality of music? (and how can you make absolute statements about music quality anyways?)

not only that your posts burst with closed-eyeness, they're also quite unlogical.

494481[/snapback]

If their unlogical don´t trust them, i garantate you that in Germany almost all children listen Rap, i swear it and yes for me Rap is the worst music out there but not only for but for many other people i know, i´am too lacy to explain why but you can read it because i explained it many time here, it makes me sick when i come to school and from every crap cellphone speaker the children play Rap and look and think they´re the best, isn´t that poor?

If their unlogical don´t trust them, i garantate you that in Germany almost all children listen Rap, i swear it and yes for me Rap is the worst music out there but not only for but for many other people i know, i´am too lacy to explain why but you can read it because i explained it many time here, it makes me sick when i come to school and from every crap cellphone speaker the children play Rap and look and think they´re the best, isn´t that poor?

494486[/snapback]

Radi, I don't like hip hop either. But that's only a personal reference, that's it. No more can I say about hip hop. The judgmental attitude of yours will lead nowhere, buddy.

why don't you start making the world a better place by making your own morals respectable instead of judging people who differ from you?

When you think about it, if you judge others, are you any better than anybody else then eh?