MURCOF

seraph

So, I have been listening a lot lately this incredible mexican electronic artist and I can strongly recommend this artist for everyone that like very musical electronic arrangements, this guy makes perfect neo classical electronica stuff with deep beats, gentle classical melodies, loads of spacey effects, mellow atmospheres and overall cold feel, but with so much emotions and soundscapes.

He only made two albums, MARTES and REMEMBRANZA and no matter cause he is not hyperproductive, these two albums are both brilliant and I take them as one of the best crossovers albums between classical and modern electronic music. If you like what I described, go and get these two perfections as soon as possible.;):)

So, I have been listening a lot lately this incredible mexican electronic artist and I can strongly recommend this artist for everyone that like very musical electronic arrangements, this guy makes perfect neo classical electronica stuff with deep beats, gentle classical melodies, loads of spacey effects, mellow atmospheres and overall cold feel, but with so much emotions and soundscapes.

He only made two albums, MARTES and REMEBERANZA and no matter cause he is not hyperproductive, these two albums are both brilliant and I take them as one of the best crossovers albums between classical and modern electronic music. If you like what I described, go and get these two perfections as soon as possible.;):)

491642[/snapback]

Looks interesting, thanks for the recommendation seraph : )

Murcof - Memoria (Sutekh Trisagion rmx) is one of the best electronic tracks ever made, imo. It's on the Utopia CD, worth getting just for this one track.

Murcof - Memoria (Sutekh Trisagion rmx) is one of the best electronic tracks ever made, imo. It's on the Utopia CD, worth getting just for this one track.

492193[/snapback]

Yeah, I've heard that track and it's great, there is also remix of Ulysses ( Fax Rmx ) that is very good. I have also heard his Ulysses and Urano singles and they are somewhat different than rest of his production, very deep, even trancey at some stages...

Murcof is excellent music, and Remembranza certainly was one of last years best albums.

If you like Murcof you might want to look up Terrestre, it's another project of his.

492199[/snapback]

I have heard both Murcof and Terrestre projects on last electronic festival that happend here but have no Terrestre albums. He really makes such delicate, precise minimal music with many influences... :D

I'm also a big fan of Murcof. Really fascinating and original stuff. I thought Martes was better than Remembranza, but there are also some really good tracks on Utopia. His Terrestre project is in my opinion not as interesting.

492193[/snapback]

yes i agree....Murcof is definately one of my new favorites...and now I know exactly who i got the recommendation from ;)