03 The Tunnel (7:50)

04 Epicycle (6:24)

05 Space Flights (7:47)

06 Function Of Color (7:03)

07 Energy Transport (8:16)

08 Stimulated (7:25)

09 Serotonia (7:26)

10 The Ecstasy Of Revelation (8:27)

Question: What do you do when your favourite full-on artist, Astrix, stops making the type of full-on you like after his debut album? Answer: Start looking around for other quality full-on artists! Altöm showed up some time ago, Rinkadink recently, and now Quadra! Like full-on with a dark twist? The rolling bass and the energy, but not the cheesy elements so often accompanying? Then you wanna check out Quadra's Serotonia.

Yep, I've said so before in my reviews of full-on albums: When these starts challenging you with some dark influences, this music is so rewarding. Forget about difficult patterns and psychedelic sounds you have to decipher. Forget about funky, progressive basses, you have to appreciate. When full-on takes me on, it always has to do so full handed. You can't be almost pregnant, and I can't be ALMOST on the full-on wagon. I have to go all in. Well, Quadra is selling, and I'm buying the full ticket here. Full on at its most exquisite, insisting, formula true, mind consuming self. And with a force here and there so freakingly strong it knocks me over. Check out for instance Epicycle at 4:53. If it needs to be done any more difficult than this, don't tell me when I'm tripping ;o).

Rating this 4 or 5 stars is all a matter of how you rate. This album contains 9 full-on megablasters, but if you wanna be really picky, you might say there's not much new here. But who fucking cares when it's so well carried out and so freaking pleasant to listen to!?

• 1 year later...

Posted Image

Label: Solstice Music Europe

Catalog#: SOLM-CD011

Released: 2004

Tracklisting:

01 Become Aware (8:20)

02 External Pleasure (7:29)

03 The Tunnel (7:50)

04 Epicycle (6:24)

05 Space Flights (7:47)

06 Function Of Color (7:03)

07 Energy Transport (8:16)

08 Stimulated (7:25)

09 Serotonia (7:26)

10 The Ecstasy Of Revelation (8:27)

Question: What do you do when your favourite full-on artist, Astrix, stops making the type of full-on you like after his debut album? Answer: Start looking around for other quality full-on artists! Altöm showed up some time ago, Rinkadink recently, and now Quadra! Like full-on with a dark twist? The rolling bass and the energy, but not the cheesy elements so often accompanying? Then you wanna check out Quadra's Serotonia.

Yep, I've said so before in my reviews of full-on albums: When these starts challenging you with some dark influences, this music is so rewarding. Forget about difficult patterns and psychedelic sounds you have to decipher. Forget about funky, progressive basses, you have to appreciate. When full-on takes me on, it always has to do so full handed. You can't be almost pregnant, and I can't be ALMOST on the full-on wagon. I have to go all in. Well, Quadra is selling, and I'm buying the full ticket here. Full on at its most exquisite, insisting, formula true, mind consuming self. And with a force here and there so freakingly strong it knocks me over. Check out for instance Epicycle at 4:53. If it needs to be done any more difficult than this, don't tell me when I'm tripping ;o).

Rating this 4 or 5 stars is all a matter of how you rate. This album contains 9 full-on megablasters, but if you wanna be really picky, you might say there's not much new here. But who fucking cares when it's so well carried out and so freaking pleasant to listen to!?

I agree 100% with what your saying here. I have been wanting this one for years now and I just picked it up yesterday. One of my close friends has it so I have heard it alot. This was was on my essential purchases list as it should be on everyones to get list imo(if they dont already have it). I finally found it in Tokyo. Only one store carried it out of the four I looked in. The sound that Quadra brings to the plate here is quite tasty and delicious. With the juiciest formulas and hints of dark atmosphere, this has already established itself as a classic in my book. To bad his newer album didnt sound anything like this one. This is light years ahead of his one nation under trance album. He should have stuck to this sound. Or at least not gone down the same boring fullon path that everyone uses constantly.

Nice to hear I'm not the only fan. Yup, great album.

I got hold of his first album some time ago. linky. You should check that too. More goa inspired, less full on but nice as well. I think I saw him at Boom in 2004 and he's just a freaking blast.

Or was at least ... B)

Nice to hear I'm not the only fan. Yup, great album.

I got hold of his first album some time ago. linky. You should check that too. More goa inspired, less full on but nice as well. I think I saw him at Boom in 2004 and he's just a freaking blast.

Or was at least ... B)

I was unaware of this one. It will be interesting to hear his older stuff, I will check this one out. Thanks for the heads up. B)

• 1 year later...

+1 for this one. I discovered Quadra on the otherwise-forgettable Delicious compilation. Mostly it's ho-hum stuff but then I noticed that all the tracks I liked were either by Quadra or remixed by him. So I took a chance on this disk and it's more of the same: energetic full-on with good sounds, tight production and minimal cheese.

Recommended for full-on lovers.

+1 for this one. I discovered Quadra on the otherwise-forgettable Delicious compilation. Mostly it's ho-hum stuff but then I noticed that all the tracks I liked were either by Quadra or remixed by him. So I took a chance on this disk and it's more of the same: energetic full-on with good sounds, tight production and minimal cheese.

Recommended for full-on lovers.

Yesss, pretty full on.

His newer stuff although is way too cheesy. Sad :(