Did you first hear psytrance on mp3 or on a cd?

cangrejo

People used to like dj using vinyl once upon a time you know....it wasn't always fancy cd decks *phnaaaaaaaarf*

538014[/snapback]

These days, it is more fancy and cool if you play from vinyls, especially among techno headz, I am constantly sick hearing their elitistic attitudes towards playing music, saying that being a DJ consists only playing vinyls and that CD DJing is for fools and non creative DJ's, what a bollocks, so I gather that CD decks are out these days and people more and more move back to vinyls, which is not something I mind, but I do mind hearing perpetual WORSHIPPING of vinyls and how none other musical performance doesn't make any sense. :huh:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's mp3. I stumbled on Infected Mushroom when I heard about goa music. I immediately fell in love with Bust a Move and downloaded all Infected Mushroom tracks. :o

I still own only 5 psytrance albums, the rest is all mp3. I just can't afford ordering everything I like on cd, so I order the ones I like best when I have the money. I still don't have Classical Mushroom, though. :rolleyes:

These days, it is more fancy and cool if you play from vinyls, especially among techno headz, I am constantly sick hearing their elitistic attitudes towards playing music, saying that being a DJ consists only playing vinyls and that CD DJing is for fools and non creative DJ's, what a bollocks, so I gather that CD decks are out these days and people more and more move back to vinyls, which is not something I mind, but I do mind hearing perpetual WORSHIPPING of vinyls and how none other musical performance doesn't make any sense.  :huh:

538316[/snapback]

I'm not arsed what format the dj chooses to use - as long as he can mix and play decent tunes. Besides the fact that most psytrance nowadays isn't even released on vinyl, sometimes it just isn't practical to dj with it. I went to an outdoor party in Aus once where it was so hot the records actually melted (and no it wasn't due to me tripping, I checked with other people and it really was happening). Mwah.

when i first heard psy trance it was just called trance(funny how things change) and it was "doof lets turn on" just loved it and to be honest have found it hard to find stuff in australia on cd thats the same but im getting there

I'm not arsed what format the dj chooses to use - as long as he can mix and play decent tunes.  Besides the fact that most psytrance nowadays isn't even released on vinyl, sometimes it just isn't practical to dj with it.  I went to an outdoor party in Aus once where it was so hot the records actually melted (and no it wasn't due to me tripping, I checked with other people and it really was happening). Mwah.

538633[/snapback]

MWAH!!! :D

• 2 months later...

I first heard goa on TV, the video for Prana's Voyager III on MTVs old show AMP.

psytrance I first heard at a party around Jan 2000.