Did you first hear psytrance on mp3 or on a cd?

cangrejo

i first heard:

X-Dream - Irritant

The Delta - Scizoeffective

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

Wizzy Noise - Cyclotron

Wizzy Noise - Cybermancy

all on mp3 burnt to CD format.

which option do I choose?

496124[/snapback]

I guess you choose mp3. Isn't this about whether you first listened to a pirate copy of a trance album or a legitimate one?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a cd, I ordered Bypass Unit - Green Dreams back in '98 because I liked the Bypass Unit tracks on Bonzai Records very much... on that cd there was that magical cheap sticker "100% Goa Trance", since that moment my favourite music had a name, héhé :)

CD - my brother had given me some tapes of industrial detroit kind of music in the biginning of the 90's which I liked a lot, and bought a Vinyl "Evil AD - Destruction EP" but I mostly listened to heavy metal! And one day I just thought I wanted to know what happend to electronic dance music in those years, so I bought a psychedelic comp. what was it... yeah Pulse 4 and this was 1997, and after that I wanted more :D and I guess heavy metal died for me there ;) almost :P

Well, technically, I first heard some decent goa tunes in the form of MODs from hobby music producers over the past four years.

But I never really knew what it was called and looked into it further until I heard some tunes, probably some full-on being played by Grandaddy DJ, being played of Digitally Imported's online radio, around early September of 2004. So I vote mp3, because an m3u is technically just a streaming mp3 file.

Got a cd with dance mp3s around 2000. Had mahadeva in it, which was my favourite of them all but never bothered looking for more astral tracks.

Then I went to uni and I met some people at a trance party, they invited me to travel with them the week after in London for a Reefer Decree Live. I was blown away by the whole experience and got hooked since then. Strangely, although they are all for minimal/progressice and that's what I listened most then, now I'm all for melodic stuff.

So its MP3s!

• 1 month later...

on cd, it was goa head 5 (compiled by alexander vandenbroek & ron torpedo, leguan records, 1998). I heard this cd at a friends home about 5.5 years ago and was sold for this sound from the first moment.

CD1

01 The Delta - As a Child I Could Walk on the Ceiling

02 Der Stern Von Afrika - Downhill v2 (Remix)

03 The Muses Rapt - Spirtual Healing

04 Oforia - Maximiser

05 Conspiracy Theory - Project Oblivion

06 Super Skunk - Planet Bliss

07 Infernal Machine - The Loin Sleeps Tonight

08 Slide - Alien Hitmen

09 Aeon - Osho

10 Alien Mutation vs Indigo Egg - Cloudhopping

CD2

01 Quietman - The Sleeper (Man With No Name Remix)

02 Shiva Shidapu - Power of Celtic

03 Astral Projection - Soundform

04 Cosmosis - Moonshine

05 Green Nuns of the Revolution - Klunk

06 Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins Part 2

07 Juan & Domi & Jorg - Spiritual Healing (Remix)

08 S.U.N. Project - Spaceships & Spacepeople

09 Chi-A.D. - Astral Warrior

It was in 1996 when i was listening to some radio stations in a small town in Greece where i grew up.The second thing was to order the albums that the guys from the radio were playing.My first albums were 'Moment Of Truth','The Promised Land' and 'Helium' (vinyls).My first cd i think it was (without be so sure) Goa Trance 2 (Rumour Records).So i vote cd!

CD!

... the only mp3's I have were sent by the artist, or on their site for download...

which means I have about 4... (thats because I don't have a burner to get them off my harddrive right now...)

on cd, it was goa head 5 (compiled by alexander vandenbroek & ron torpedo, leguan records, 1998). I heard this cd at a friends home about 5.5 years ago and was sold for this sound from the first moment.

CD1

01 The Delta - As a Child I Could Walk on the Ceiling

02 Der Stern Von Afrika - Downhill v2 (Remix)

03 The Muses Rapt - Spirtual Healing

04 Oforia - Maximiser

05 Conspiracy Theory - Project Oblivion

06 Super Skunk - Planet Bliss

07 Infernal Machine - The Loin Sleeps Tonight

08 Slide - Alien Hitmen

09 Aeon - Osho

10 Alien Mutation vs Indigo Egg - Cloudhopping

CD2

01 Quietman - The Sleeper (Man With No Name Remix)

02 Shiva Shidapu - Power of Celtic

03 Astral Projection - Soundform

04 Cosmosis - Moonshine

05 Green Nuns of the Revolution - Klunk

06 Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins Part 2

07 Juan & Domi & Jorg - Spiritual Healing (Remix)

08 S.U.N. Project - Spaceships & Spacepeople

09 Chi-A.D. - Astral Warrior

533624[/snapback]

I find tracklisting good considering the tracks, but order in which they are put is hillarious ! Power Of Celtic/Soundform :lol: , Gamma Goblins/Spiritual Healing :huh: As A Child I Could Walk On The Ceiling and one song after that Spiritual Healing :blink: ...but all the tracks are great... :D

it's difficult to tell but first sound i would recall as psytrance was experimental stuff by labworks or delirium records on vinyl.

but there was a certain mp3 floating arround the web. i can't recall the name properly ... something with lyserg and trip ... mhhh lemme think again. it reminds me of Silicon Trip by Shakta ;)

I used to have loads of eat static and peeps like that on tapes when I was younger....then it was vinyl mostly owned by mates (choas laboratory/rock bitch mafia/radio etc) then I had a bout of having my tunes on minidisc before my MD player met an unfortunate demise and then it was cd and then it was mp3....mwah!

People used to like dj using vinyl once upon a time you know....it wasn't always fancy cd decks *phnaaaaaaaarf*