April Fools

skyrise

Yollo people

I need a bit of advice (as normal) me and my new girlfriend are exchanging music Views. As such she took me to a punk night.. Which I haven’t done for about 12 years and that was scary but not too bad..

In Return I was thinking of taking her to the Infected mushroom gig in Brixton https://www.antidote909.com/hsbc/details.cf...em_code=ANT0044.. I have never been the biggest fan of I.M but when I saw them at the Stratford Rex, They did put on a very good show.. But im not sure how much of the goodness was thanks to the bean things… please note 1st April will be bean free.

They are doing a album launch of “Vicious Delicious”.. I have looked on http://www.saikosounds.com/ and a few others but I cant find anything to hint as to what the new CD could be like. And yes I know it’s not released yet….. I would love some of your input if you know more than me.. (Which shouldn’t be hard).. If the worse come to pass then at least there are many other rooms to run off to.. and there is always Kristian and Simo to pick things up…

I would like to know more to stop this turning into one mother of a April fools joke…

Thanks..

Yollo people

I need a bit of advice (as normal) me and my new girlfriend are exchanging music Views.  As such she took me to a punk night.. Which I haven’t done for about 12 years and that was scary but not too bad..

In Return I was thinking of taking her to the Infected mushroom gig in Brixton https://www.antidote909.com/hsbc/details.cf...em_code=ANT0044.. I have never been the biggest fan of I.M but when I saw them at the Stratford Rex, They did put on a very good show.. But im not sure how much of the goodness was thanks to the bean things… please note 1st April will be bean free.

They are doing a album launch of “Vicious Delicious”.. I have looked on http://www.saikosounds.com/ and a few others but I cant find anything to hint as to what the new CD could be like. And yes I know it’s not released yet….. I would love some of your input if you know more than me.. (Which shouldn’t be hard)..  If the worse come to pass then at least there are many other rooms to run off to.. and there is always Kristian and Simo to pick things up… 

I would like to know more to stop this turning into one mother of a April fools joke…

Thanks..

490927[/snapback]

Infected Mushroom? Avoid at all costs if you want to hear decent trance.

From what I've heard their new music should be rather different than before (guess it's more commercial or whatever). I saw them live in October 04 and I've enjoyed it a lot! That's all I can say. :)

From what I've heard their new music should be rather different than before (guess it's more commercial or whatever). I saw them live in October 04 and I've enjoyed it a lot! That's all I can say. :)

490971[/snapback]

mate i saw them last week and the gig was great

yes their new stuff is different, so it depends on your taste if you want old school psy trance then it's not for you.

don't listen to what the others say, if you go then you will at least be able to make your mind up about them and the new album. these guys do vary from show to show, i guess its all entertainment how ever you look at it. they do play some of their old stuff as well as the new.

:)

what really pisses me off is that people that never heard any kind of psy before ,go to parties that allways play stupid full-on(there is good fullon btw,just that usually at the parties its lame) and they get this immpression that this is psychedelic trance!!!!!

hail skazi and eskimo!!!! :angry:

edit:now that i read it again it sounds a bit aggresive,so i want to make clear that i am not talking about the posters in this thread,or the IM party(but it could fit quite well the description of lame full-on,from the rumours of their new style of music.Personally i only own 1 cd from them,the gathering,and its good! :) )

Personally i only own 1 cd from them,the gathering,and its good! :) )

491056[/snapback]

yeah, the old stuff is good indeed :)

but the new stuff is " <_< "

Anyway, Skyrise, if I'd have the need to "avenge" it that my gf dragged me to a punk party I'd certainly not pick an IM gig that I'd take her to ... I'd pick something different. Something harder and more psychedelic. Something that I like. You know?

I don't know but my gf also loves punk/metal/rock stuff but she still enjoyed herself a lot at the IM party. Guess it's a try and error thing to find out what suits her. Why not play IM's latest album to her before you go to the party so she can judge herself?

I don't know but my gf also loves punk/metal/rock stuff but she still enjoyed herself a lot at the IM party. Guess it's a try and error thing to find out what suits her. Why not play IM's latest album to her before you go to the party so she can judge herself?

491666[/snapback]

he he same with my mate, she is a punk lover. and then i took her to the last year's zoom festival to show her how psypartys are working. the lineup was very commercial with IM, Hypersonic and so on. finally she really enjoyed the party, the music and the deco during i had the feeling attending a pop festival. man i was so bored. better to go to punk festivals now :-)

note: that doesn't mean that quality of music was bad. hypersonic for example impressed me a lot with his musical skills but the music itself sucks imo.

he he same with my mate, she is a punk lover. and then i took her to the last year's zoom festival to show her how psypartys are working. the lineup was very commercial with IM, Hypersonic and so on. finally she really enjoyed the party, the music and the deco during i had the feeling attending a pop festival.  man i was so bored. better to go to punk festivals now :-)

note: that doesn't mean that quality of music was bad. hypersonic for example impressed me a lot with his musical skills but the music itself sucks imo.

491689[/snapback]

:D :D Then they are quite similar indeed! Some days ago my gf was listening to Barthezz - On The Move, an old trance (well, pop-trance) track with a really catchy melody. She just said woow, that's nice! Can we please go to a party like that sometimes? Hehe, guess I'll take her to a remember party or a regular trance party/mega rave like Sonic... But it's not a problem, I also like regular trance and I think I would have enjoyed Hypersonic a lot.