IDM

snowball

Does Mouse on Mars qualify as IDM?

494835[/snapback]

Hm why not? What else would you label their music anyway!

I like MoM too. Their "Iaora Tahiti" is even very good. (although the final track there... what's the purpose? to get your ears bleeding?)

nils, thanks for the recommendations, gotta check them out. :)

(I'm so lazy to search anything new nowadays...)

..I kinda like the Radical connector album  :)

495022[/snapback]

I haven't heard their newer input at all... hmmm :)

*takes a note to the "check out" book*

Too bad I missed them live.

I've never like Mouse on Mars for some reason. I saw them live not too long ago and they were horrible. One of the worst shows I've ever seen. Ever. Up there with Beans' solo act.

Soup, however, is a great album.

I could make a long list of great IDM artists according to me, but I won't. I'll say one artist who has been impressing me for a little while now is Infinite Scale, who just released a new EP on Boltfish (his first is on Toytronic).

Also recommended is n.ln's Astronomy for Children.

(I don't like messy, noisy IDM either.)

on a second thought, is Soup really IDM? it doesn't have that (seemingly) randomish feelin to that other IDM albums have. there is a harshness to their sound though that they got in common.

I think the other albums are typicly IDM-ish, except Björk maybe that may be more like "glitch" or whatever but it's close enough. I'm still not sure about Soup...

on a second thought, is Soup really IDM? it doesn't have that (seemingly) randomish feelin to that other IDM albums have. there is a harshness to their sound though that they got in common.

I think the other albums are typicly IDM-ish, except Björk maybe that may be more like "glitch" or whatever but it's close enough. I'm still not sure about Soup...

496842[/snapback]

Music doesn't have to be chaotic and deconstructed to be IDM. I hate to bring attention to what those letters mean again, but...

496842[/snapback]

Its is IDM with an ambient touch.Half of the IDM releases have an ambient/soft trance touch anyway.

been really digging Sutekh as well. More on the minimal techno than ambient side, but really really good stuff. Check out his remix album.