Regarding Cinos Ban.

Guest djnemo

So is there really a direct reason to ban him, like a serious personal attack or racism or spam or something?

Seems you banned him because he doesn't fit in your world and because you can't handle someone that is different. For 'excersising poor tact' ... whatever, then you should ban NHJOHYENNRO and radi as well.

Surely you understand that a lot of his posts and topics were not meant to be taken too seriously or personal. From what I've seen, I don't think it was his goal to disrupt this forum.

Besides, it is the members of this forum who chose to reply to his posts and topics so frequently in a serious manner... they contributed to it all the time and now all of a sudden people are getting irritated.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djnemo

the matrix seems to stuck in another loop again.

prolly due to poor programming..

some'One push the reset-button please?

one love :]

490036[/snapback]

you also seem to be stuck in a loop of no more arguments....

I must say I didn't quite enjoy Cinos' "balancing comments" either that much.

However I can't really say he was wrong. I got no absolute arguments against negativity. So it was fascinating to discuss with someone so radically different.

I guess the place owner does what he thinks is the best.

Guest djnemo

So is there really a direct reason to ban him, like a serious personal attack or racism or spam or something?

Seems you banned him because he doesn't fit in your world and because you can't handle someone that is different. For 'excersising poor tact' ... whatever, then you should ban NHJOHYENNRO and radi as well.

Surely you understand that a lot of his posts and topics were not meant to be taken too seriously or personal. From what I've seen, I don't think it was his goal to disrupt this forum.

Besides, it is the members of this forum who chose to reply to his posts and topics so frequently in a serious manner... they contributed to it all the time and now all of a sudden people are getting irritated.

490038[/snapback]

When members of the forum want to leave because of someones behaviour.... anyways, Cinos often got personal with things, he called my son a dickhead...atacking a 3 month baby for sure is very mature... As for NJOH, hes become the joke of the site, and I doubt its a real person, i think that its a person on psynews having us on.

as for radi.... well, I have seen more hostility against him than him against other members.... so go figure.... but I might be wrong, and the mods of the site should watch him more closely... :)

Man, I thought only really sissy teary-eyed chicks participated in soap operas. Man, this reminds me of "Days of Our Lives" when my mother watched that shit when I was young.

HA HA HA.

I think Skazi has caused too much pain in the brain :( for psytrancers.

Aaron

Cinos is a personality that reflects Psynews and human behaviour. Can´t really see this ban as useful in any way... atleast not a 12 months ban. But i know...it´s not my forum and I see why he got banned too.

489892[/snapback]

wise words... ;)

"always be ready to speak your mind and a base man will avoid u.."

I actually kinda think this ban is a good thing, but not because what he has done on thiS site, but as an educational measure for Cinos. He needs to get a life!! I say we change the ban, lets make it until he gets a girlfriend (or boyfriend as I suspect). He has to present proof in form of a little movie of a real person kissing him, proclaiming he/she is his partner/affair. This movie has to be longer than a minute so he cant fake it on photoshop or whatever. Then he also has to present photos of him dancing at a real Psytrance party, after all this is a psyforum and he needs to get some street cred, yo. I actually suspect this might take more than a year, its hard to find a girl/boy, but Cinos would get a lot out of it.

Just for the record, as opposed to 90% of my other posts I mean this, Im not being sarcastic or trying to be funny, I realy do think its a good idea.

Hi Nemo,

So, we meet again ... The cards have been dealt ...And all that haha :lol:

Well, here's a reply to you. YES! Someone shits all over your house and I'm saying forgive them? Yes! Now you're probably thinking I'm either a total idiot. How can I say such preposterous stuff? Or you might even think I'm a weak person. How can I allow someone to do that without kicking their ass? Don't I have any self respect or courage?

Well, this being a debate on the net I hope it's easy to see that it's not a question of courage. I could tell any one to fuck off without the slightest worries. So why don't I? And why do I say that irl as well you should try NOT to exclude assholes?

Well, I can understand that you get angry and want to get rid of them. Punish them. You will get further in life, however, by forgiving them. Just take a simple look at the upsides and downsides. If you exclude them, you may make an enemy. You get some peace, obviously, that's the entire idea. But you don't know how they are going to use that peace. I believe (and so do many learned sociologists, psychologists etc, for that matter. Frank Tannenbaum is one famous writer) this is one way of creating a negative sub environment, because all the excluded people get together in a new forum where they may develop antisocial, hostile attitudes towards society. So you get peace but at a price.

And look at the upsides if you accept them despite their occasional stupidity. You grow! You learn that your value is not deflated when someone is being an ass. You may even learn to take it as a compliment and just laugh at it. Look at the amount of energy some people are willing to use trying to make you angry! It's really quite flirtatious. Wow, am I THAT important to you :huh: But when will you get your negativity cannot get to me?

AND when the person realizes that, YOU will get a friend like you never had one. Don't we all know of situations where we misbehaved? And when someone without the slightest hint of bitterness dismiss it without a thought, aren't we deeply thankfull? What a grand person, is what we think (I think :) )

I'm not saying that whoever gets banned from psynews will go out directly and form a new neonazi party. And I understand (off course!) that you can become tired of bullshit and want to ban people. All I'm saying is that the only downside to trying to accept people as part of your circle even when they act like asses, is that it CAN cost you some energy, yes. It can be seem futile and worthless and annoying, but the ONLY price to it, really, is the one that you let yourself pay. But you can grow to become a bigger person. Eventually they will come around and you will get a true and dear friend. And you don't entertain the risk of what the excluded people might get together and decide.

Off course, there's also the joker of what a ban might learn people. Yep, if it could learn people that they need to behave, it might do exactly what I'm looking for. I just think it's a mighty big risk to take. What is our biggest motivator? Punishment or rewards? I can tell you that too. Rewards! When you do something because of a fear of being punished if you don't, you will most often do only just what you need to do. When the motivator is rewards, there is no limit to what you might decide to do. To get love and respect in return.

So I think throwing someone out for two weeks is a wrong thing to do. And banning someone for ever (which a year means) doesn't even give the person a chance to learn from the punishment. Or gives YOU a chance to learn from that person, for that matter.

Yeah, these are my thoughts. Someone might label them naive or overly positive. But it's just a question of trying to live up to them yourself. Fuck, what other people thinks! Go about, ignore negativety, spread the word of love & compassion (God, I AM gonna kick myself in the butt after this post :lol:), and YOUR world will become a richer place.

Okay, these posts are pretty mind consuming. Don't know if I will be able to muster much energy to give a detailed reply if you have any reactions to this mail. But I hope my point comes across as well. I see where you are coming from! I understand the frustration, but like I've explained personally believe that we will all go the longest when we are able to NOT let ourselves be frustrated and teach people by ignoring their stupidity.

Word.

ps: Didn't even have the energy to go through this message before posting, but hope it is readable.

Im taking a break from the studio and reading psynews a bit, and I see your post, and it actually triggers me to post a reply.

Nice theory, but it doesnt work. If someone shits in my house, I will throw them out of there, thinking that its a one time thing. If they come back to my house and shit and piss in it again, I will let that slide again, maybe he was drunk....

the THIRD time if they come to my house and puke shit and piss in my house, on my carpet and smear their sperm all around my bed, I will beat those persons up, and make sure they will never visit my house again. Enough is enough :)

This is kind what cinos has done, he has SHIT in mars house, he puked his venom all over the place, and despite warnings, he continued. Im sorry, but if you think that is ok, please invite mars, dp, insejn and me to your house, and we will be more than happy to come and shit on your carpets. If you think thats ok.....

490016[/snapback]

Guest antic

Be carefull Skelly - you're being overly positive! Cinos was overly negative / pessimistic and got banned!!! ;):D

But I agree with most things you say. I didn't liked Cinos as a person and probably couldn't be his friend in real life, but I'll miss his posts... And 12 months is just too much...

This ban is a joke, but this is a privately owned site, so the management can do what they please

Sure, he´s trollish and strangely interested in reasoning to us that love is a scam of some sort, but like Traveller said, he´s part of the gang.

Those Cinos topics , stuff like that wouldn`t get you banned anywhere else.

The whole idea of forced plurriness etc... eww... dishonest

Guest djnemo

This ban is a joke, but this is a privately owned site, so the management can do what they please

Sure, he´s trollish and strangely interested in reasoning to us that love is a scam of some sort, but like Traveller said, he´s part of the gang.

Those Cinos topics , stuff like that wouldn`t get you banned anywhere else.

The whole idea of forced plurriness etc... eww... dishonest

490183[/snapback]

can I come and puke and shit on your computer?! :)

Guest djnemo

Hi Nemo,

Well, here's a reply to you. YES! Someone shits all over your house and I'm saying forgive them? Yes! Now you're probably thinking I'm either a total idiot. How can I say such preposterous stuff? Or you might even think I'm a weak person. How can I allow someone to do that without kicking their ass? Don't I have any self respect or courage?

Well, this being a debate on the net I hope it's easy to see that it's not a question of courage. I could tell any one to fuck off without the slightest worries. So why don't I? And why do I say that irl as well you should try NOT to exclude assholes?

Well, I can understand that you get angry and want to get rid of them. Punish them. You will get further in life, however, by forgiving them. Just take a simple look at the upsides and downsides. If you exclude them, you may make an enemy. You get some peace, obviously, that's the entire idea. But you don't know how they are going to use that peace. I believe (and so do many learned sociologists, psychologists etc, for that matter. Frank Tannenbaum is one famous writer) this is one way of creating a negative sub environment, because all the excluded people get together in a new forum where they may develop antisocial, hostile attitudes towards society. So you get peace but at a price.

And look at the upsides if you accept them despite their occasional stupidity. You grow! You learn that your value is not deflated when someone is being an ass. You may even learn to take it as a compliment and just laugh at it. Look at the amount of energy some people are willing to use trying to make you angry! It's really quite flirtatious. Wow, am I THAT important to you :huh: But when will you get your negativity cannot get to me?

AND when the person realizes that, YOU will get a friend like you never had one. Don't we all know of situations where we misbehaved? And when someone without the slightest hint of bitterness dismiss it without a thought, aren't we deeply thankfull? What a grand person, is what we think (I think :) )

I'm not saying that whoever gets banned from psynews will go out directly and form a new neonazi party. And I understand (off course!) that you can become tired of bullshit and want to ban people. All I'm saying is that the only downside to trying to accept people as part of your circle even when they act like asses, is that it CAN cost you some energy, yes. It can be seem futile and worthless and annoying, but the ONLY price to it, really, is the one that you let yourself pay. But you can grow to become a bigger person. Eventually they will come around and you will get a true and dear friend. And you don't entertain the risk of what the excluded people might get together and decide. 

Off course, there's also the joker of what a ban might learn people. Yep, if it could learn people that they need to behave, it might do exactly what I'm looking for. I just think it's a mighty big risk to take. What is our biggest motivator? Punishment or rewards? I can tell you that too. Rewards! When you do something because of a fear of being punished if you don't, you will most often do only just what you need to do. When the motivator is rewards, there is no limit to what you might decide to do. To get love and respect in return.

So I think throwing someone out for two weeks is a wrong thing to do. And banning someone for ever (which a year means) doesn't even give the person a chance to learn from the punishment. Or gives YOU a chance to learn from that person, for that matter.

Yeah, these are my thoughts. Someone might label them naive or overly positive. But it's just a question of trying to live up to them yourself. Fuck, what other people thinks! Go about, ignore negativety, spread the word of love & compassion (God, I AM gonna kick myself in the butt after this post :lol:), and YOUR world will become a richer place.

Okay, these posts are pretty mind consuming. Don't know if I will be able to muster much energy to give a detailed reply if you have any reactions to this mail. But I hope my point comes across as well. I see where you are coming from! I understand the frustration, but like I've explained personally believe that we will all go the longest when we are able to NOT let ourselves be frustrated and teach people by ignoring their stupidity.

Word.

ps: Didn't even have the energy to go through this message before posting, but hope it is readable.

490173[/snapback]

So, you are willing to lose very close friends for the carpet shitter? :D Ill write a longer reply after the weekend, im in the studio right now.

can I come and puke and shit on your computer?! :)

490184[/snapback]

Those topics just aren`t the equivalent of puking or shitting on my computer.

And this is coming from me, hell I don´t even like the guy.

And like I said this is a privately owned site.

Hi Nemo,

Word.

490173[/snapback]

Posted Image

Be carefull Skelly - you're being overly positive! Cinos was overly negative / pessimistic and got banned!!! ;):D

But I agree with most things you say. I didn't liked Cinos as a person and probably couldn't be his friend in real life, but I'll miss his posts... And 12 months is just too much...

490179[/snapback]

Hi Antic!

Yeah, I know I am:), but is that a problem?

@ nemo: would I rather loose all of my friends over the carpet shitter? Good question. I don't think you can put an equation like that, though. If I am to follow my line of thought I would tell my friends to ignore the asshole. Ignore him, man, he's just an arse. Don't waste energy trying to win a debate over him. Or see who can bash each other the most. Nobody wins. I mean, he calls you names and you react by calling him bigger names. Does that really make anybody feel good?

So what if your friends are not able to do that? To ignore the person when he's being a bastard? Well, then it's a question of integrity as well. Are you to change your attitude towards the world because some of your friends cannot live up to your readiness to ignore assholes (NOT ban them)? I would say you should keep your integrity intact, yes. Certainly. And if these your friends are really your friends they would most likely come around too. Many would because the value of meeting you would outweigh the burden of ignoring that cinos ass (just saying, as an example :))

It's not easy, I know. You would have to spend energy both ignoring and/or being positive constructive towards the ass and perhaps convince some friends it's the right thing to do. But is it really THAT big a task? The debate here, is it THAT big a task? And like I've said, the upsides outweigh the downsides.

Yes, I am pointing towards a path of tolerance, understanding, and love. And that's a very burdenfull path sometimes. But the rewards are there and so much the bigger exactly because of the burdenness. (Besides, isn't this even some of what the psy scene tries to advocate? Or am I WAY wrong and naive here?).

Anyway, that's how I see it. That's how I try to go about in my daily doings. Sometimes I fail. Hell, often. That doesn't change me from thinking it's the right and most rewarding way to go about things.

Cancel the ban on cinos. Imagine how grateful that would make him! And even if he would display his thankfullness for our coming around with shitting EVERYONE, try and see what it would do to you if you just LAUGH at it !! Just laugh. Read careful or just skim all his negativity posts and laugh! If you put yourself in his place imagine all the energy his mustering to try and piss people off, and how it does NOT work if people don't bite the bait! And I mean, you really CAN just laugh when people are going ballistic with insults. The creativity some people can display!

Now THAT would be real fun!

I follow Skeleton, I never understood why you took Cinos's words so seriously (?) and ...don't tell he was the most rude person here, Ok i didn't read all his posts but what i can say is that a member like Overdose (sorry) was much more rude to him with words like "Idiot", "Fuck" and a rude attitude in general. The ban is really subjective and inequal IMO (Ok you will say it is always subjective, but come on...).

in the same discussions there was name calling, drug use promotion, drug glorification.

yet someone is playing a joke with those who spend their free time here.

absolutely no respect.

yea ban cinos who was part of what set psynews to motion and made it interesting again.. and dont even warn the cool-kids-gone-wild.

really if there was no other issues leading to the ban, im disgusted

in the same discussions there was name calling, drug use promotion, drug glorification.

yet someone is playing a joke with those who spend their free time here.

absolutely no respect.

490235[/snapback]

I agree.

I won´t dwelve into forum drama any deeper, but this is an issue which I find strange.

I can admit that I´ve used various drugs, etc... but to promote them on a forum, which is read by all kinds of ppl including prolly kids\teens is irresponsible and stupid.

I agree.

I won´t dwelve into forum drama any deeper, but this is an issue which I find strange.

I can admit that I´ve used various drugs, etc... but to promote them on a forum, which is read by all kinds of ppl including prolly kids\teens is irresponsible and stupid.

490241[/snapback]

and promoting facial ejaculations isnt ??? :P

Cinos is a person who questions everything. I think his negative side/stuff is more a joke than anything else. Atleast I didn´t take him very serious regarding it...

But I think questioning stuff is a good way to find out why people act and think like they do. And what I found positive about him is that he has started to see where he is wrong too.. and admit it.

Cinos has been banned for 12 months? Why? What did he do precisely?

A sad day for psynews, make no mistake.

Will overly cheerful and optimistic people receive bans too as they get to me far more than overly negative folk do?

Cinos has been banned for 12 months? Why? What did he do precisely?

A sad day for psynews, make no mistake.

Will overly cheerful and optimistic people receive bans too as they get to me far more than overly negative folk do?

490369[/snapback]

You're not talking about Skelly dude, are you :huh: Because if you are I CAN start calling you names :lol:

You're not talking about Skelly dude, are you  :huh:  Because if you are I CAN start calling you names  :lol:

490379[/snapback]

No, no, I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm merely voicing how ridiculous it is to ban someone for being negative.

I mean, I appreciate this is mars' website and he pays to host it so ultimately has every right to decide who stays and who doesn't but I never thought Cinos overly negative or agressive. Indeed he generally came across as rather affable in my eyes. Sure, he had his moments but who doesn't. This place will suffer in his absence, of that I'm convinced. Unique characters are already in short supply.

Guest djnemo

No, no, I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm merely voicing how ridiculous it is to ban someone for being negative.

I mean, I appreciate this is mars' website and he pays to host it so ultimately has every right to decide who stays and who doesn't but I never thought Cinos overly negative or agressive. Indeed he generally came across as rather affable in my eyes. Sure, he had his moments but who doesn't. This place will suffer in his absence, of that I'm convinced. Unique characters are already in short supply.

490390[/snapback]

Maybe in his abscence, people will start to talk about what the site really is about. PSY TRANCE...