Regarding Cinos Ban.

Guest djnemo

You say he deserved it but what did he do exactly? Sure, he was often rather negative and controversial but that's not reason to ban anyone. I mean, was he ever genuinely racist, threatening or hateful towards anyone?

491177[/snapback]

actually he was quite disrespectful sometimes. For example if i could be arsed i could find you many posts of his where he called the entire forum(including you and me) Morons among other things.

He said people that are in love are stupid idiots and all sorts. He slagged off and put down something he has never felt for another person!

I'm in love, it aches when i dont see my bf, but does that make me a fucking idiot? No but thats what he said people that were in love were.

I think i got Cinos, i know he didnt mean to really offend anyone, he thought everyone knew what he was like and that we'd counter his arguement everytime and put up with it. he said negative things about stuff but in the end i think people just get tired of someone disrespecting their views and feeling and just dismissing it as being fucking stupid when he has Nil experience. :)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally I feel that Cinos shouldn't use Psynews.org as his soapbox.

This is not a platform for him to share his obscure opinions and prejudices. This is not a place to throw out gross generalistations and provoke a heated response and then argue and argue until he "proves" he is right. This forum isn't about whether Cino's ideas and opinions are right or wrong. This forum is not about Cinos at all. This forum is about psy news, reviews and silly banter associated with the scene and it's members.

Personally I feel he took things a little too far off the track. He should get his own Blog or something. He obviously has a lot to tell the world. Here ..... well I don't think it's the right place.

that said. I'll still miss the silly-billy!

good luck if you're reading this Cinorino :)

Did you march against the war in Iraq?Did you ever march about anything?I bet you did.

I also bet you knew nothing is gonna happen.Especially with the war in Iraq.But you had this need to express your opinion,you believed that if they saw thousands of people marchign against their plans,something might happen.Well,i believe that after 10 pages of bitching something might happen.Lets wait and see.

491184[/snapback]

I think you'll be waiting approximately a year before u see young cinnie again :(

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it." -- Voltaire

Just think about it for a minute.

491188[/snapback]

This only applies to people who have something "valid" to say. If its wrong, fair enough. But admit defeat when proven you are wrong, and dont argue for the sake of arguing. Thats childish and I have no time for it.

actually he was quite disrespectful sometimes. For example if i could be arsed i could find you many posts of his where he called the entire forum(including you and me) Morons among other things.

He said people that are in love are stupid idiots and all sorts. He slagged off and put down something he has never felt for another person!

I'm in love, it aches when i dont see my bf, but does that make me a fucking idiot? No but thats what he said people that were in love were.

I think i got Cinos, i know he didnt mean to really offend anyone, he thought everyone knew what he was like and that we'd counter his arguement everytime and put up with it. he said negative things about stuff but in the end i think people just get tired of someone disrespecting their views and feeling and just dismissing it as being fucking stupid when he has Nil experience. :)

491189[/snapback]

Most of us have fallen into disrespecting people though. I'm sure if one searched hard enough one would find that 90% of us have called someone an idiot, a twat or whatever. Also, his posts rarely targeted anyone in particular and were usually about his opinions on common human characteristics. Yes, he thought those who experienced love were idiots but he's free to forge his opinions in whatever way he sees fit. I personally never felt offended or insulted by anything he said and often enjoyed reading what he had to say and debating with him.

This only applies to people who have something "valid" to say. If its wrong, fair enough. But admit defeat when proven you are wrong, and dont argue for the sake of arguing. Thats childish and I have no time for it.

491194[/snapback]

I want to believe everything was valid from his point of view.

You have to admit that in many cases,we gave much more attention and insisted some much on proving him wrong that we entered his loop.When an attention whore like Cinos gets the attention he seeks for,then he wants double.And in this case,he got it.

Im with you about him being extremely annoying in many occasions but...he didnt worth to be "deleted" like this.Thats my opinion.

Anyway i have a catch a coffee meeting with a blondie,i hope the drama continues,its much better than some tv series :P

he's free to forge his opinions in whatever way he sees fit.

491199[/snapback]

Here is where I disagree with most people. Opinions can (or should) only be forged through fact or personal experience. On-the-fly opinions (perfected by Cinos) should be banned throughout the world, as it is the most idiotic waste of time ever conceived by man in the last 10,000 years. It simply has no place in the world today.

Most of us have fallen into disrespecting people though. I'm sure if one searched hard enough one would find that 90% of us have called someone an idiot, a twat or whatever. Also, his posts rarely targeted anyone in particular and were usually about his opinions on common human characteristics. Yes, he thought those who experienced love were idiots but he's free to forge his opinions in whatever way he sees fit. I personally never felt offended or insulted by anything he said and often enjoyed reading what he had to say and debating with him.

491199[/snapback]

I know that i havent and possibly 90% of this forum has never branded everyone on it a Moron. Yes we've all had our bitching sessions before but nothing to that degree.

And like OD says and i have to agree with, he often argued a point with no experience whatsoever..and...well fair enough i guess thats not breaking any rules but..well its just really pointless. Pointlessness can also be regarded as spamming and that is against the rules.

I want to believe everything was valid from his point of view.

You have to admit that in many cases,we gave much more attention and insisted some much on proving him wrong that we entered his loop.When an attention whore like Cinos gets the attention he seeks for,then he wants double.And in this case,he got it.

Im with you about him being extremely annoying in many occasions but...he didnt worth to be "deleted" like this.Thats my opinion.

Anyway i have a catch a coffee meeting with a blondie,i hope the drama continues,its much better than some tv series  :P

491203[/snapback]

My personal opinion is this:

1) Yes. I think Cinos needed a time-out from psynews.

2) I felt a 12 month ban was a little harsh. I would like to see Cinos back eventually. Hopefully, he can have his sentence reduced in the near future.

3) If and when Cinos returns, and he has not grown up at all, and his irritating behaviour continues, he should be banned forever.

If I had issued out the ban, it would have been for about 3 months. Just enough time to get on with his life and do other things not involving psynews. Experiencing life, and hopefully one day, having an opinion thats actually based on experience.

My personal opinion is this:

1) Yes. I think Cinos needed a time-out from psynews.

2) I felt a 12 month ban was a little harsh. I would like to see Cinos back eventually. Hopefully, he can have his sentence reduced in the near future.

3) If and when Cinos returns, and he has not grown up at all, and his irritating behaviour continues, he should be banned forever.

If I had issued out the ban, it would have been for about 3 months. Just enough time to get on with his life and do other things not involving psynews. Experiencing life, and hopefully one day, having an opinion thats actually based on experience.

491210[/snapback]

Hear, hear!! :P

Guest djnemo

Ok, i was hoping it would not come to this point. But it would be only fair to some to say this...

I was against the 1 year ban of Cinos. So were other mods. I won't give names, as i don't want to create "effects". So why Cinos got the 1 year ban anyway? Nemo knows best his history with Cinos, so you can ask him.

I don't owe any appologies to anyone. I personally think different about the best way to moderate and i believe Cinos has not broken any psynews rules in the 2 days before his ban.

Some of you may have already noticed that Nemo is no longer an admin/moderator on psynews. It was his own choice to leave the team, so please everyone take into consideration that anything he writes here from now on is the result of his personal thoughts and does not actually represent my attitude (or other mods' attitude) towards the forum and its members.

I have thought about leaving the mods team because of this issue, but I think in the end psynews would be better with me as a mod than without me.

Thanks for reading.

490998[/snapback]

Oke, but 2 mods and 2 admins wanted the ban. 3 of the team were against. So no matter what, it would have been a ban. And 1 year is still better than forever. Thats all I got to say about it. But since you (moni) need to be clear, so no members think that you are a bad mod, I can confirm that you were against a ban. Should I also maybe tell the members for who you were FOR a ban, sicne we are at it? PATHETIC!

Anyways, this is my last post in this thread, you can conspire all by yourselfs. I hope that your little internet lifes go well.

I suggest a poll be set up to gauge popular opinion on whether the ban was justified. A simple yay or nay poll with no posts.

491225[/snapback]

Why?

We can see in this thread that 99% are against.

It won't change anything.

Oke, but 2 mods and 2 admins wanted the ban. 3 of the team were against. So no matter what, it would have been a ban. And 1 year is still better than forever. Thats all I got to say about it. But since you (moni) need to be clear, so no members think that you are a bad mod, I can confirm that you were against a ban. Should I also maybe tell the members for who you were FOR a ban, sicne we are at it? PATHETIC!

Anyways, this is my last post in this thread, you can conspire all by yourselfs. I hope that your little internet lifes go well.

491227[/snapback]

What a lovely post.

I suggest a poll be set up to gauge popular opinion on whether the ban was justified. A simple yay or nay poll with no posts.

491225[/snapback]

Even if you do the poll, the outcome will not change anything AFAIK. So it would be rather pointless.

Why?

We can see in this thread that 99% are against.

It won't change anything.

491232[/snapback]

It's not about changing anything - it's about gauging opinion. Nothing more.

491227[/snapback]

Oh go on, do tell. Who is Moni trying to get kicked?

I can not ban you, im not a mod nor an admin anymore. normally a forum that is about something, focuses on the main theme of the forum. on this forum, the offtopic gets spammed like hell every day. its like a kindergarden here ffs

490440[/snapback]

duh... so your not a mod or admin, but you are the one who goes for weekend and then comes back and tries to explain... hummm... and the offtopic should be ontopic psy-chat... duhh

if Im just on the virge of being a dickhead, but all positive about things, I wont get banned :P

490631[/snapback]

you are not on the virge anymore! :):P:);)

-This forum has rules

-By joining the forum you accept these rules

-If you don't follox the rules, this is pointed out to you

-Next time, you are remineded

-Third time you are asked to follow the rules that have been pointed out to you

-37th time you get a warning that you might be banned if you don't change your attitude

-45th time you are actually banned for a short while so that you'd finally get the point that the mods are serious

-You come back & still can't find a way to follow the rules? Out you go!

You're no longer a member & so you a relieved of that "impossible task" of having to behave according to the rules.

490983[/snapback]

méééé... mééééé... great forum

I have thought about leaving the mods team because of this issue, but I think in the end psynews would be better with me as a mod than without me.

Thanks for reading.

490998[/snapback]

well i think you deserve my full respect lady :)

Jesus christ. Stop your bitching, all of you. I cant even hear you and your all giving me a headache.

Cinos is banned. If you guys dont like how the mods run this forum, tough. Find another forum then. Its not "owned" by us and we have no right to bitch about what happens.

Mars "PAYS" for this forum, it belongs to him. Do any of you pay for it?

No?

Then STFU.

:)

Thank you.

491150[/snapback]

you couldn't care less for the who-pays-this issue. you're happy because he left and you were tired of him... like "thank god the director fired that guy that was bitching me"

You can have your say, but dont whine like little bitches if you dont get your way. I beleive there was more than enough "little" incidents to condemn Cinos. His attitute stank and give this forum a negative vibe. "Ignore his posts" you say? Impossible when every single statement made by any member is automatically countered with some bullshit negative statement made by him. It doesnt matter what is said. He would start an arguemnt based on pure faith, rather than fact.

I dont feel it was wrong. He was warned several times, and he didnt listen. And I hate to be the only one here to say "Tough F**king Shit". If you dont want to listen, then you need to be shown that you in fact do NOT own this forum and cannot behave any way you want. This forum doesnt expect anything other than common decency and respect. Neither of which were EVER shown by Cinos.

So sorry, i couldnt give a shit he was banned, because i think he deserved it.

491167[/snapback]

i followed those discussions, even took your side, and you were at least so rude as him... and you are no better in that field because of your psy experience

Again, you forget Mars can do what he wants.

Cinos has been balancing on the edge of breaking the rules constantly.

I appreciate a negative opinion. However, an opinion is a judgement, based on facts or experience. Therefor if your opinion is not based on fact or experience, it doesnt count as an opinion. Its just spam.

Technically Cinos has done nothing but provide this forum with 10,000 spam posts.

Is that not breaking the rules?

491181[/snapback]

rules, rules... if you hadn't this issue with cinos, would you care for the rules?

Here is where I disagree with most people. Opinions can (or should) only be forged through fact or personal experience. On-the-fly opinions (perfected by Cinos) should be banned throughout the world, as it is the most idiotic waste of time ever conceived by man in the last 10,000 years. It simply has no place in the world today.

491204[/snapback]

word of GOD :ph34r:

491227[/snapback]

Oh go on, do tell. Who is Moni trying to get kicked?

491244[/snapback]

Just to make sure that this is not leads to more speculations: this does not mean that moni wanted somebody to be banned and the rest declined. This was/is not the case. Nemo is talking about the banning for LLB and he thinks that because she agreed to his ban (which wasn't a year but only two weeks) she (and the rest of us I suppose) should have also agreed to the ban if Cinos.

If I missinterpret your post Nemo, I'm glad if you correct me but there is no other thing that could mean imho.

Just to make sure that this is not leads to more speculations: this does not mean that moni wanted somebody to be banned and the rest declined. This was/is not the case. Nemo is talking about the banning for LLB and he thinks that because she agreed to his ban (which wasn't a year but only two weeks) she (and the rest of us I suppose) should have also agreed to the ban if Cinos.

If I missinterpret your post Nemo, I'm glad if you correct me but there is no other thing that could mean imho.

491251[/snapback]

Oh, ok then. Cool :D

Guest djnemo

i wont confirm jack... ive given my 5 cents to this matter. 4 people of the mod/admin team wanted the ban. if it wouldnt have been for my 1 year suggestion, it would have been a PERMANENT ban, end of story.