Regarding Cinos Ban.

Guest djnemo

Well, it's not like it's very difficult to get around a ban like this anyways. If Cinos has the slightest knowledge of computers (and I suspect he has) he'll be back in no time. Unwanted or not. What I find funny is that despite his moronic opinions and posts people respond to them in massive numbers every time. That make you think, doesn't it?

490702[/snapback]

oh, that's exactly what i was thinking. if he was such a moron, why didn't everyone just egnore him? what about these endless self-centered topics that were so succesfull???

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find funny is that despite his moronic opinions and posts people respond to them in massive numbers every time. That make you think, doesn't it?

490702[/snapback]

That's precisely why the forum will miss him - he had a special knack of starting threads that got people discussing and debating. As for his opinions being moronic, I'd say refreshingly honest better sums them up.

cinos asked me to post his farewell letter somewhere on psynews so i choose to post it in both of these currently active threads regarding him and his ban.

Regarding Cinos Ban. (General)

Cinos (Off Topic)

Hello Psynews.

I've been thinking. It's clear that the powers that be don't want me as a member here. Why, I don't know. I still haven't gotten a reason other than fluffy generalisations and administrative bullshit.

About this troll-issue many people have brought up, no. I'm not a troll. I just like discussion, which I in my foolishness thought forums were about. Be it positive or negative it's fine for me as long as there's some sort of balance. Despite many others being much more insulting, I got the deeds. Was I randomly selected, or was it because I didn't get along too well with certain people?

But nevermind. Despite many apparently not agreeing with my ban, I'm not going to proxy my way in. Simply because it's not worth the trouble... and it'd more or less confirm that I think I did something wrong. Which I don't - and so I'm never coming back again unless the responsible mods give an apology for this no-reason ban.

This is the last message Psynews will get from me until that happens. Imaginary "love" and real tranquility from your favorite argument-sparker. You know I never actually disliked most of you.

PS.

(or can't you get enough? www.sonic-energy.net/smf, djcinos(at)hotmail.com (msn. come on, I want to chat with you) and finally Cinos at MySpace.)

DS.

As for his opinions being moronic, I'd say refreshingly honest better sums them up.

490707[/snapback]

That's up for debate I guess. I've never been a big participant in the off-topic forum, and thus haven't paid much attention to his posts there, but from what I've seen a lot of it has been pretty disturbing. Especially when he talks about his attitude to certain groups of people; poor people, disabled people etc. Plus, he's more or less admitted to being a racist. This may be honest, but frankly, it's not something I'll miss either.

cinos asked me to post his farewell letter somewhere on psynews so i choose to post it in both of these currently active threads regarding him and his ban.

Regarding Cinos Ban. (General)

Cinos (Off Topic)

Hello Psynews.

I've been thinking. It's clear that the powers that be don't want me as a member here. Why, I don't know. I still haven't gotten a reason other than fluffy generalisations and administrative bullshit.

About this troll-issue many people have brought up, no. I'm not a troll. I just like discussion, which I in my foolishness thought forums were about. Be it positive or negative it's fine for me as long as there's some sort of balance. Despite many others being much more insulting, I got the deeds. Was I randomly selected, or was it because I didn't get along too well with certain people?

But nevermind. Despite many apparently not agreeing with my ban, I'm not going to proxy my way in. Simply because it's not worth the trouble... and it'd more or less confirm that I think I did something wrong. Which I don't - and so I'm never coming back again unless the responsible mods give an apology for this no-reason ban.

This is the last message Psynews will get from me until that happens. Imaginary "love" and real tranquility from your favorite argument-sparker. You know I never actually disliked most of you.

PS.

(or can't you get enough? www.sonic-energy.net/smf, djcinos(at)hotmail.com (msn. come on, I want to chat with you) and finally Cinos at MySpace.)

DS.

490769[/snapback]

c'mon mods apologise to the man!!

or maybe your ego is too big for that?well be careful,because apparently ego is a reason to get banned here! <_<

That's up for debate I guess. I've never been a big participant in the off-topic forum, and thus haven't paid much attention to his posts there, but from what I've seen a lot of it has been pretty disturbing. Especially when he talks about his attitude to certain groups of people; poor people, disabled people etc. Plus, he's more or less admitted to being a racist. This may be honest, but frankly, it's not something I'll miss either.

490781[/snapback]

isnt a racist somebody that believes that other races are inferior to his own?

unless cinos is a race,then he is not a racist imo!

490769[/snapback]

c'mon mods apologise to the man!!

or maybe your ego is too big for that?well be careful,because apparently ego is a reason to get banned here! <_<

490788[/snapback]

Yup, according to Cinos there's absolutely no reason for banning him, so that's the undisputable truth! Get real now....

isnt a racist somebody that believes that other races are inferior to his own?

unless cinos is a race,then he is not a racist imo!

490791[/snapback]

You're not reading what I'm saying. I'm talking about remarks in earlier threads, that you obviously haven't seen. Well, good for you I say.

490781[/snapback]

Cinos held many opinions that differed greatly from my own but I never found them particularly offensive and never witnessed any evidence to suggest he was a racist.

It seems it's becoming increasingly difficult to make fun of races/religions without being labelled a racist or a xenophobic bigot. I sometimes call my Iranian friend a terrorist when I see her and ask how many virgins are waiting in heaven. Does that make me a racist?

It seems it's becoming increasingly difficult to make fun of races/religions without being labelled a racist or a xenophobic bigot. I sometimes call my Iranian friend a terrorist when I see her and ask how many virgins are waiting in heaven. Does that make me a racist?

490811[/snapback]

Absolutely not. I can assure you that Cinos has done more than "making fun". It's possible that I've misread his intention, but that was just the impression I got.

The bottom line is nevertheless that I respect the mods decision, and I can't see what you people complain about. Cinos asked for it, and he got what he deserved.

This forum sucks. People are so stupid, acting smart, and when Cinos, who actually seems to have some sort of brain makes a statement that people don't understand he gets banned.

I don't even know why he got banned, but I don't care. It's probably true what I said, but you'll say it isn't and give me examples of things he's done. Excuses I tell you, people have acted much worse than Cinos without getting banned. Examples you want? I don't have any, and frankly I don't care. See you all some day when I'm in a better mood.

(I'm just whining, don't bother caring about it (I know you will not read this comment and still comment on my reply, because you have nothing else to do, but I have to at least try))

Good bye.

Cinos can not have been THAT interested in remaining on this board. If he did not change his behaviour after repeated warnings then this is what I must conclude. Even if he thought he was in the right, clearly he must have understood what was being conveyed to him by the people who own and manage this site and act accordingly. Either that or he is an even bigger fool than I take him for.

I have learned to ignore his posts, so personally he does not bother me too much. But am I happy to see him gone? Yes, I must confess that I believe that we are better off without him posting in here. There is a whole cyber world out there for Cinos to go out, have his fun and grow up. Best of luck to him.

I suppose there will always be those that think that Cinos's banning means that we are "lame" and that "this forum sucks". Some of these people will stay on (despite this), and others will go elsewhere. But the bottom line is that I think we will manage quite well regardless.

Pedro

Cinos can not have been THAT interested in remaining on this board. If he did not change his behaviour after repeated warnings then this is what I must conclude. Even if he thought he was in the right, clearly he must have understood what was being conveyed to him by the people who own and manage this site and act accordingly. Either that or he is an even bigger fool than I take him for.

I have learned to ignore his posts, so personally he does not bother me too much. But am I happy to see him gone? Yes, I must confess that I believe that we are better off without him posting in here. There is a whole cyber world out there for Cinos to go out, have his fun and grow up. Best of luck to him.

I suppose there will always be those that think that Cinos's banning means that we are "lame" and that "this forum sucks". Some of these people will stay on (despite this), and others will go elsewhere. But the bottom line is that I think we will manage quite well regardless.

Pedro

490842[/snapback]

Why should he have changed his behaviour? Why should he have been anyone other than who he is? There are certain members here who, after showing their true colours, repeatedly apologise and standardise their behaviour and they are all the less because of it. Cinos stayed true to himself and suffered the consequences. I'll miss him on these boards but at the same time I'm pleased he didn't let anyone regulate his character.

The whole episode reminds me of a stanza from a great Bukowski poem -

The few that are different:

they're soon eliminated by the police,

their mothers, brothers and others,

until all that's left

is what we see.

It's hard.

This forum sucks. People are so stupid, acting smart, and when Cinos, who actually seems to have some sort of brain makes a statement that people don't understand he gets banned.

490823[/snapback]

A statement that people dont understand...

Never knew Cinos has secret super powers.

Maybe you are right,we are all stupid,too stupid to understand Cinos' statements.

Especially the negative comments about the sun being worthless etc,i really cant understand,could you please explain it to me?

i believe that everyone has the right to express his opinions here..thats the sad truth my dear mods..cinos were different,he had some weird opinions about life,so what? "without contraries,there is no friendship.." Do u care about cinos real life?? WHAT A LIE!! :ph34r:

i believe this is a serius situation here about free speech generally..for the others yeahhh ban cinos and lets review the new dark psyprojects..how interestinggggg.. ;)

i believe that everyone has the right to express his opinions here..thats the sad truth my dear mods..cinos were different,he had some weird opinions about life,so what? "without contraries,there is no friendship.." Do u care about cinos real life?? WHAT A LIE!!  :ph34r:

i believe this is a serius situation here about free speech generally..for the others yeahhh ban cinos and lets review the new dark psyprojects..how interestinggggg..  ;)

490893[/snapback]

You have a fundamental lack of understanding with regards to free speech and the internet. This is someone's site, although as an online community the members naturally grow to exert a sense of ownership over it. However it may seem to you, this is still being operated, maintained, and paid for by individuals - not the community at large. Your sense that you have a right to express opinions here is false; it's a priviledge to be here. The pragmatic reality of things are, despite the lack of intrinsic freedoms, we are all expressing our opinions anyway - in large numbers, with some degree of conflict and tension, without much tact or mutual respect at times. What this means is that although the site does not gaurantee free speech, we as users are enjoying near-total freedom, with the easy alternative of visiting any other forum to express ourselves if we feel confined here. There will always be another place that lets you say whatever ignorant, racist, bigoted, prejudiced, unnecessary nonsense you may feel like spewing out to the world. Cinos is lucky that way, while the admin team here at Psynews undergoes no shortage of grief for exerting some control over their own fucking site. The people who actually do have the rights and freedoms have a difficult time expressing them, while all of us who do not are perpetually making use of freedoms we don't technically have, except at the courtesy of the site owners. This is the nature of human behavior in group settings online.

nice quote charlie! :)

i hope one day, like within the next month, the management will recognise that this ban will not make the forum better, it will make it worse.

i really hope there will be some see-the-bigger-picture thinking from some of our members too..

must say i find it peculiar that members rarely seen in the off-topic are posting pro-banning material now. you should do us (the daily off topic addicts) the honour of visiting more often and perhaps get to know us better, so you can form more informed opinions on the "community".

if you knew cinos better, imho, you'd see that hes not a troll. the guy is still in school in sweden or wherever and can speak (type)better english than most and express himself well. he also seems to be interested in learning and other things that do not characterise trolls. some times he gave me the impression of an educated individual is what im trying to say.

of course, mars can kickban all of us if he wishes, but the ban is supposedly based on a joint mod decision, no?

how can you agree with this way of thinking? cinos did not cause trouble to others. so you did not suffer! if you got confused reading cinos' stuff, then you should not have read it again and again after you were already sick of him in the first place. it was your own decision to read it too.

labelling the guy a racist, etc is just funny. its what happens when you speak your mind and the plur "philosophy" is on cinos' side on this one, imho. even for the negativity spreading etc...

anyways. end of this pointless post... ;)

I can not ban you, im not a mod nor an admin anymore. normally a forum that is about something, focuses on the main theme of the forum. on this forum, the offtopic gets spammed like hell every day. its like a kindergarden here ffs

490440[/snapback]

I'm sorry but you are not forced to read the off-topic if you don't like it. Nobody holds you back to post interesting topics in the general section, in fact I would appreciate that very much. I also don't that much in the general section to be honest, not because I'm not interested in psytrance but mainly because I'm here for a long time and I've seen a lot of topics in the general section. I still try to help people with suggestions and stuff but I have a hard time to open new topics that are interesting. Same goes for a lot of other old-timers I suppose. I don't know why you are so negative about the off-topic. If you look back to the time before the hack there was way more spam and/or freestyle topics (or more topics in general because there were more people posting). I don't think it's that bad at the moment.

Well, it's not like it's very difficult to get around a ban like this anyways. If Cinos has the slightest knowledge of computers (and I suspect he has) he'll be back in no time. Unwanted or not. What I find funny is that despite his moronic opinions and posts people respond to them in massive numbers every time. That make you think, doesn't it?

490702[/snapback]

oh, that's exactly what i was thinking. if he was such a moron, why didn't everyone just egnore him? what about these endless self-centered topics that were so succesfull???

490705[/snapback]

It's also what I think. Nobody is forced to read any posts they don't like. And they are even less forced to post a reply. There even is the ignore function that fîlters out the users you don't like. I mean the topics got only that many pages because people keep on argueing and replaying to Cinos. If they (well, me included) wouldn't have done that, the topics would have died...

-This forum has rules

-By joining the forum you accept these rules

-If you don't follox the rules, this is pointed out to you

-Next time, you are remineded

-Third time you are asked to follow the rules that have been pointed out to you

-37th time you get a warning that you might be banned if you don't change your attitude

-45th time you are actually banned for a short while so that you'd finally get the point that the mods are serious

-You come back & still can't find a way to follow the rules? Out you go!

You're no longer a member & so you a relieved of that "impossible task" of having to behave according to the rules.

We had the very same thing happening over the last coupple of months at our own site, 2 notorious troublemakers got banned for 2 weeks. & we received the same negative reponses mostly from friends of the ppl in question. But also some positive feedback from ppl who said "About f*ck*ng time!"

So, we stuck to our decision & so should you guys !!

Do u care about cinos real life?? WHAT A LIE!!  :ph34r:

490893[/snapback]

hehe, i can't agree more agia ;) that is like the worst argument and the most h y p o c r i t i c a l of all. You dislike Cinos, and you say that, at least this ban will allow him to have a social life. Hehe how hypocrital it is !

And if you used to answer to Cinos's arguments, it means you were interested in his opinions about life, and if sometimes you got out of your nerves it is because your were sensitive to his opinion in a way, otherwise you would have just ignored him... I don't say that i agreed with Cinos, all his arguments about love, i totally disagreed about, but well, Cinos has a strange view on these kind of things.. well, it is his right.

My opinion : )