Regarding Cinos Ban.

Guest djnemo

Guest djnemo

All,

As you all know Cinos, one of our most controversial members on Psynews, was banned yesterday. The ban became effective after he was previously warned and even banned for a two week period.

We felt that Cinos needed a break from Psynews, and more importantly Psynews needed a break from Cinos. As you know, Cinos had already been temp. banned earlier for excersising poor tact in our forums.

After his return, he didn't change his ways, despite several claims that he would. In fact he seemed more agressive than ever and his post count raised drastically. His continued quest to 'balance the forum out' with repeated negativity and bad vibes was simply too much. We had several reports from other users who felt offended by his behaviour and he excelled in calling everyone 'moron's', etc. There were also some issues with mods that didn't exactly encourage us to keep Cinos here. Sure, slipping up and making mistakes is human nature, but deliberately harrasing members and picking fights is not.

Banning a member such as Cinos was not an easy decision, but we'd come to a point where the forum and its members were experiencing more negativity than positivity from visiting Psynews. This is supposed to be a happy place we can all enjoy, but Cinos excelled in disagreeing with everybody and even turned positive threads into negativity.

The effective ban runs for a 12 month period (lowered from the initial PERM BAN) and after that time period we look forward to welcoming Cinos back to our beloved forum.

Thanks for understanding!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the new rule here is "Put on a nice smille and be always positive, otherwise you'll get banned"....!

To me it seems like a poor-poor excuse, and you know that other members were way worst in name calling and you didn't do anything...!

Anyway, it seems like the mods and some others disliked Cinos, that's why they took such decision..! It's very strict...12 months...!! Anyhow, since you decided like that, i can't change it but i'm letting you know that i'm not with you on that...! Not for 12 months at least...!

Can't say I agree with this either. Sure Cinos is sometimes annoying.. but nevertheless he's part of the gang. Anyway possible to make a poll about this to see how many people agree with this decision?

and...

if your weekend took 5 minutes, does that mean that Cinos will be banned for:

(48 hours = 48x60 = 2880 minutes)

(12 months = 12 x 30 x 24 x 60 = 518400)

2880 ------> 5 minutes

518400 ----> x minutes

x = 518400 x 5 \ 2880 = 900 minutes = 15 hours!

:lol:

not so long...

:lol:

I am fully supporting this decision.

I also veto'ed not to have the ban length lowered because enough is enough !

There is no reason to make a poll about that, even though I'm cohnfident about the result.

Goazzz you may be sarcastic with your "put a smile" rule, but if you look at the rule, they say on the first line : Shall there be Peace/Love/Unity/Respect in ONE place in the world, do your best so that it's here. Once you are on Psynews, you are open, you accept its members, share with them, contribute in a positive way..

And later : - Of course, you may not like something and say it. You may agree or not on someone's point, and say it too. But be a gentleman/woman doing so. Be constructive !.

I'm sorry but Cinos was very far from that, not to say the contrary !

Cinos is a personality that reflects Psynews and human behaviour. Can´t really see this ban as useful in any way... atleast not a 12 months ban. But i know...it´s not my forum and I see why he got banned too.

oh i didnt follow psynews everyday drama lately but as i see only one side of things [since i dont have msn] it looks like he pissed someone off, but who havent? lots of members have acted that way - that is pissed others off. if this is the case then i think that every negative input from any member, no matter what he has contributed should be immediate and equally fair, that is - if some member who joined yesterday or some old time member pisses off someone or "hurts" someones feelings then he should receive unoficial warning PM from mods, next step is official warning and then ban for month, thats it, nothing else and no "pal" attitude towards someone whos been around for longer time.

Goazzz you may be sarcastic with your "put a smile" rule, but if you look at the rule, they say on the first line : Shall there be Peace/Love/Unity/Respect in ONE place in the world, do your best so that it's here. Once you are on Psynews, you are open, you accept its members, share with them, contribute in a positive way..

And later : - Of course, you may not like something and say it. You may agree or not on someone's point, and say it too. But be a gentleman/woman doing so. Be constructive !.

I'm sorry but Cinos was very far from that, not to say the contrary !

489891[/snapback]

Still i believe 12 months is way to strict....It's my opinion after all, i know you don't really care but i have to let it go....!!

Once you are on Psynews, you are open, you accept its members, share with them, contribute in a positive way.[/i][/b].

And later : Be constructive !.

489891[/snapback]

it caught my attention.

Some need it more and some less... He's the one to catch up, he's smart but acting like a kid.

489905[/snapback]

i think we all need THE SAME amount of lessons, maybe in diferent fields :)

i can't see how is he going to catch up with us, enlightned people, while drifting for 12 months in the streets of kiddiness :huh:

boom

i think we all need THE SAME amount of lessons, maybe in diferent fields  :)

i can't see how is he going to catch up with us, enlightned people, while drifting for 12 months in the streets of kiddiness  :huh:

boom

489920[/snapback]

Hopefully he will use the time to turn his PC off. Go make friends, get wasted, go to parties, get laid and get an idea of what the real world is like.

Hopefully he will use the time to turn his PC off. Go make friends, get wasted, go to parties, get laid and get an idea of what the real world is like.

489921[/snapback]

Actually thats the only positive about his ban.