reggae

vitali

works best if you listen while smoking a doobie, aye mon B)

I'd recommend Burning Spear, but i always do so... check it out the man is great...

King jammy, king tubby, is god too, Lee scratch perry and besides that, eum... eum... i listen mostly to the stuff that's devoid of lyrics a bit more... mad professor, a lot of the electronic dub genre. But there are newer labels making out good reggea, Different Drummer for one, i really like G Corp... and not cause my name starts with G only... but that definatelly help :rolleyes:

those are the ones i know most and recommend always, apologies for sounding like a broken record.

pablo gadd

gregory isaacs

ijah man

jacob miller

alpha blondy

eek-a-mouse

peter tosh

israel vibration

junior kelly

michael rose

capleton

culture

horace andy

bushman

luciano

steel pulse

B)

nice topic, I was actually wondering this myself.

I really like some of the old school jungle ragga more than traditional reggae tho, there is this one track that is a remix of barrington levi, sounds pretty nice, but I can't remember the name. Tribe of Issachar also had some really nice sounding tracks with good reggae samples in them.

Israel vibration -pay the piper ;)

A friend of mine also makes some great reggae. may be a bit har to find tho...

He goes under the name 1/2 Cast and has had some songs on the charts in south africa. I just got his new record the Bridge. Cool stuff ;)

kalle bah,swedish reggae B)

490035[/snapback]

i find that concept extremely funny, it's like german hip hop...

from a very early age i understood i was a skinny white boy and no matter how much attitude i got and how many FUBU shorts i bought i would just never be as cool as eminem...

I never really understood the whole reggae scene. :ph34r:

some of the artists you guys list are surely DUB?

or are they the same? or not the same?

Isnt reggae stuff like Dancehall?

eg? most recently Sean Paul stuff? :unsure:

Anyhoo heres my 2 cents:

Rythym & Sound - See Mi Yah

UB40 - Present Arms in DUB

Wackies - Creation Dub2004

and anything by Lee Scratch Perry

Ai?

B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

• 17 years later...

Well, seing how this old thread is in the now 'General Psytrance' section .. Anyone wanna give out tips of Psytrance (I'm now looking for Forest genre) Reggae music? Reggaetrance jah far I. THNX for all suggestions. I got a DJ-gig at a Reggae festival coming up soon and the organizer really wants me to do a Psychedelic Trance set with Reggae influences and I'd love to please him and the unexpected crowd.. Crowd being mostly unfamiliar with Psytrance and are mostly of a seasoned age but can handle a dance of the different kind. And as I like reggae a lot but don't love it, I have very few tracks in my mind and collection with it .. And as for Reggae music it self, I only own 1 reggae CD, that be Bob Marley / Whalers. *As for trivia, this gig is on Saturday, and on Friday me and a MC friend is playing a Reggae-Psydub set, so that's a no problem task. This Forest Psy with Reggae in it is a bit more difficult task especially as I don't have any reggae CDs to mix in and tsk, wanna find tracks that the Producer already mixed in reggae influences. 

Searching this forum, I've at least discovered:

j.Views - Muse Breaks (Infected Mushroom RMX)
Skazi - Hit N' Run
Deedrah - Manly Hazard (RMX)
UNI - Green Tuff (Green Dub Mix By Fabric Of Reality)
Elixir - E-motion (I've not heard it to confirm it)
Rastaliens (....) - They have a Bandcamp page with Singles Collection and more that I need to get to know better
Vibrasphere? Someone just wrote the Artist name but not the track title.
OOOD - Smoke A Lot (Ricochet mix)

And on FB I've so far recieved these tips:
Spirituz - Shawafas Predictions
Grobians - Sleng Deng
Balliou & Nulla Taar - Logic Error
Terranoise - Frame by Frame

And from my own knowledge: Naked Tourist - Cali Weed 

so ok i made the set of the found tracks so far .. 
----
OOOD - Smoke A Lot (Ricochet mix)
Naked Tourist - Cali Weed
Spirituz - Shawafas Predictions
j.Views - Muse Breaks (Infected Mushroom RMX)
Balliou & Nulla Taar - Logic Error
Terranoise - Frame by Frame
Grobians - Sleng Deng
Deedrah - Manly Hazard (RMX)

^ indeet^^ Well, I believe they can be mixed well and respectful, and for sure more modern actual Forest Psy it could be integrated in a hefty way, jah. ... Oh you glorious bastard you Wabax :rolleyes: I'm actually "cheating" on 'Friday's Dub with MC friend, DJ-set' by playing most tracks from that specific ,,psydub" album by Vlastur ;* It's a great album with empty tracks perfect for live rapping on top. Big boom<3 

• 6 months later...